Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
WWE Fan Council Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:14:23 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

So disappointed. I was hoping that even if Sting was just there for the game, that they'd at least announce a Monday Night Wars or WCW themed storyline mode.

But no, he's just a freaking pre-order exclusive. Angry

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:51:28 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Yeah, it was disappointing. Sounded like most of the crowd was upset too. They were just waiting to go nuts for Sting but then they put that video game stuff on there and you could here some boo birds.
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:21:08 PM

Do you know what the storyline mode for the game is, this time? Is it themed, like the last two were (Attitude Era and WrestleMania)?

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2014 11:43:39 AM

Overall I found Battleground pretty weak.

The opening tag match was probably the best match of the night. I just am tired of the Usos constantly using blatant double team tactics to win. To me, that's more of a bad guy thing.

The Divas match seemed to have a ton of botches and both girls seemed off their game last night.

The IC Battle Royal was just dumb. We got even more over the top ridiculous ways for Kofi to keep from being eliminated and one of the oldest tricks in the book by Miz actually working. After Miz slid under the ropes a second time it seemed too obvious that he was going to get the win.

The fatal four way wasn't anything special and seemed a lot like matches that we can see every week on Raw and Smackdown.

That match, along with most of the rest of the show, was just a way to build the card for SummerSlam than the actual pay per view that it was alleged to be. It seems that since the Network started, the pay per views are getting less and less exciting and now are just over hyped episodes of Raw.
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2014 11:44:51 AM

BurningDoom wrote:
Do you know what the storyline mode for the game is, this time? Is it themed, like the last two were (Attitude Era and WrestleMania)?

Sorry, no clue what the storyline mode for the game is. And most things that I have found online all seem to be more wishlists from fans than actual game info.
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2014 12:19:24 PM

With Sting not actually showing up, The Shield broken up; and Rock, Undertaker, CM Punk, Bautista, and Brock Lesnar all gone; I'm finding little reason to keep watching WWE, once again.

While on the other hand, TNA seems to be come out of the dark pit they threw themselves into. Last week's ECW tribute show was AWESOME! Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy (NOT Willow), Rhyno, and Bobby Roode are back. The six-sided ring is back, and they've promised to focus on the X-Division again (what made TNA cool to begin with!). I just hope that the hope TNA is giving us is real, and not a 1 night thing.

b0bafett
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2014 4:47:37 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Rumors is that cena loses the belt to brock at SummerSlam. Since this pay per view was so close to SummerSlam there was no need for the title to change hands.

Also the reason Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins match sucked was because one was hurt from the friday show
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 12:04:10 AM

TNA Impact Wrestling Cancelled by Spike TV

And things just get worst for the wrestling industry, ouch.

Jeff Jarret's new Global Force Wrestling can't get up and running soon enough.

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 6:57:56 AM

That just sucks. I like TNA Wrestling. Hopefully they are able to get a new television deal (with a network that people actually have). The show had been getting better over the last several weeks, in my opinion anyway.
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 11:04:53 AM

jbeeman85 wrote:
That just sucks. I like TNA Wrestling. Hopefully they are able to get a new television deal (with a network that people actually have). The show had been getting better over the last several weeks, in my opinion anyway.

I completely agree. In the last few months, TNA has sucked worse than it EVER has. But in the last couple of weeks, it seems they've realized that and turned things around. The returned focus on the X-Division, the return of the six-sided ring, the returns of Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, and Rhyno.

I'm more excited for this week's Impact than I am Raw.

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 11:16:01 AM

Vince Russo kills yet another wrestling company. That guy is a cancer when it comes to wrestling, seriously.

Apparently Spike TV told TNA already they wanted nothing to do with Russo, but recently found out that he's still working for TNA and THAT'S why they decided not to renew TNA's contract.

I wouldn't want anything to do with the guy, either, after seeing what he did to WCW, a company that actually managed to beat WWF in ratings before Russo came on board.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0728/579427/more-on-spike-tv-not-renewing-tna-impact-contract/

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:15:58 AM

J.R.'s take on this, makes the most sense out of any speculation I've heard:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0728/579459/jim-ross-comments-on-speculation-that-spike-tv-may-purchase-tna/

Quote:
Jim Ross posted another blog today on the Spike TV - TNA situation. With Spike TV commenting stating that they "don't comment on ongoing negotiations," and TNA President Dixie Carter also stating that negotiations were ongoing, JR wondered if this was simply spin by the two sides, or if Spike was indeed negotiating to get a lower rights fee. He also speculated on if Spike TV may be trying to purchase the company, like they did when they recently bought out Bellator MMA.
"Could Spike be thinking like TBS, Turner Broadcasting Systems, when Jim Crockett Promotions found themselves in financial trouble and TBS bought WCW and perhaps be looking to add a pro wrestling brand to their list of properties? Spike/Viacom recently bought out MMA company Bellator," he wrote. "Those would be two fresh, first run programs that appeal to a primary male demo and that seems to be the Spike profile or so it seems to me based on their current programming more often than not.

"Why would Spike want to get rid of one of the few shows on their network that garners over 1M viewers per week in prime time? That makes no sense to me but Spike negotiating to keep TNA at a lower dollar does."

Much more is contained in Ross' latest blog, including more on this situation, his podcast with Sting, Vince Russo, WWE's upcoming conference call and more. You can check out the full entry by clicking here.

Also, don't forget to order some of JR's BBQ Sauce, which is great for the kitchen and the grill, at WWEShop.com by clicking here.

And J.R. is still pawning off his "famous" BBQ sauce, lol!

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:37:23 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

It's the only BBQ sauce that we use. That stuff is amazing!! Oh and we watch wrestling. Haha

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:02:25 AM

Well, I hope that TNA gets some kind of TV deal. Even though it is in no way competition to WWE, I think that if TNA went under that WWE would try even less to be a compelling show.

I thought of something random the other day (probably some kind of Benadryl induced dream, thank God I'm not a drunk). Is there any slight chance that Jeff Jarrett's GWF deal that he's been hyping for like a year will have any kind of connection to TNA? It almost feels like it could be some kind of in house "competing" brand like when TNA started they had Sports Entertainment eXtreme and TNA (which was probably a bit of a rip off of nWo).
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:08:23 AM

jbeeman85 wrote:
Well, I hope that TNA gets some kind of TV deal. Even though it is in no way competition to WWE, I think that if TNA went under that WWE would try even less to be a compelling show.

I thought of something random the other day (probably some kind of Benadryl induced dream, thank God I'm not a drunk). Is there any slight chance that Jeff Jarrett's GWF deal that he's been hyping for like a year will have any kind of connection to TNA? It almost feels like it could be some kind of in house "competing" brand like when TNA started they had Sports Entertainment eXtreme and TNA (which was probably a bit of a rip off of nWo).

Hmmm, that makes me think: Maybe he's in negotiations to air GFW on Spike, and that's why Spike isn't interested.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:10:32 AM

http://www.givemesport.com/486970-wwe-stretched-to-breaking-point-after-mcmahon-leaves-crew-without-vital-provision

Quote:
WWE stretched to breaking point after McMahon leaves crew without vital provision

The WWE and Vince McMahon, amidst an increasingly strained economic setting, are making drastic cuts that have seen the organization, and in particular it's live shows, put at risk.

Whilst WWE CEO Vince McMahon has previously looked to counter the financial difficulties which have beset the company in recent times by offloading fringe wrestlers and promoting the WWE Network, WrestleZone revealed Friday that he has now moved on to cuts that could impact the live shows that are the very lifeblood of the organization.

Bus cancelled

The report revealed that following McMahon's implementation of a $20 million budget cut, the WWE production crew has been hugely impacted.

With such a busy schedule of live shows ranging from Raw and Smackdown to pay-per-view events, those charged with setting up and dismantling the set once the likes of John Cena and Roman Reigns are long gone are the WWE crew.

The behind the scenes work is not usually complete until around 1am, and with shows often lined up for the very next day in cities and towns hundreds of miles away, the WWE had previously given crew access to a bus so as to allow them to get much needed rest ahead of another busy day.

That, it has been revealed, is no longer the case.

As reported by Justin LaBar, the crew are now being forced to drive themselves to the different show locations. This is a problem on two counts. Firstly they can no longer get as muchrest and thus will be working on less sleep and therefore could be likely to make what could prove to be fatal errors in judgement when setting up as a result.

Secondly, it is clear from sources close to the situation that the crew are becoming increasingly fed up with the situation that is leaving many exhausted.

Trouble brewing

As is now common knowledge, the WWE are desperately trying to find a solution to their money worries.

With a projected loss of $50-$60 million by year's end McMahon has risked the wrath of the WWE employees with his recent moves. As well as upsetting the integral crew of whom many are said to be reaady to seek employment elsewhere should a solution not be found, there are suggestions that some of the WWE superstars are frustrated with royalties being held back in recent weeks.

All in all it is clear Vince McMahon is stuck in a catch 22 situation. The more he tries to stop the rot, the more he seems to put the WWE on the brink of crisis.

Wow.

The wrestling industry is just hurting all the way around.

I wish, I REALLY, really wish WWE and TNA would wake up already. The PG-era isn't working. No matter how much production value they put behind crappy wrestling, it's still crappy wrestling. No one wants to follow a product that is stale, predictable, and boring.

pottersan
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:21:58 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Dismantle the multi-headed beast and return to small regional shows.....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2014 1:19:05 PM

Hogan is training for one more match against Cena:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1390436/wwe-news-wrestling-legend-hulk-hogan-training-for-one-last-match-wants-to-face-john-cena/

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2014 2:00:07 PM

Hogan is so broken up now from the years of bumps and multiple surgeries. I don't know if that could come close to being a decent match. I don't see much of a reason for it either. It's not like Hogan has the "torch" to pass. And, to me anyway, it's not going to have the same feel as Hogan vs. Rock did. I'm not just saying that because I don't care for Cena, I never really cared for the Rock during his day either. But at the time, Hogan vs. Rock seemed more legit than they could ever make Hogan vs. Cena out to be.
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2014 2:47:53 PM

jbeeman85 wrote:

Hogan is so broken up now from the years of bumps and multiple surgeries. I don't know if that could come close to being a decent match. I don't see much of a reason for it either. It's not like Hogan has the "torch" to pass. And, to me anyway, it's not going to have the same feel as Hogan vs. Rock did. I'm not just saying that because I don't care for Cena, I never really cared for the Rock during his day either. But at the time, Hogan vs. Rock seemed more legit than they could ever make Hogan vs. Cena out to be.

He's never been a technically gifted wrestler. He's all about working over the crowd and molding them in his hands. If he can still do that, then the match will work just fine.