Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Howie's GI Joe Special Missions #1 Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:43:55 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I had a lot of time on my hands the last few days so...

Presenting: Howie's G.I. Joe Special Missions #1 - The Sierra Gordo Incident

Sgt. Stalker receives his orders: Assemble a recon team and travel to Sierra Gordo to investigate reports of a Cobra infestation. He selects Dusty for his hostile environment skills and knowledge of the area. Zap is coming along as Heavy Weapons Support and Low-Light for his scouting acumen and trained eye.

They arrive at the LZ and quickly set up the Transportable Tactical Battle Platform. Dee-Jay remains behind for Communications and Crank Case will be running Ops.

Stalker leads the way into the steamy jungle followed by Dusty and Zap with Low-Light protecting the rear.

Unbeknownst to the Joes they are spotted by a Desert Scorpion with a Sand Viper in tow. The Scorpion turns to his comrade and says, "Stand by, I'm radioing this in."

Overkill receives his scout's report and chuckles, "Well, it appears that we will have some excitement after all."

He turns to his assembled troops and exhorts them on. "The Joes cannot hope to outwit me. My computer-like mind has devised the perfect strategy!"

"Send out that obsolete B.A.T. 1, that should flush them out", snarls Overkill.

The metallic menace bears down on our intrepid squad.

Dusty spies it and hisses, "A Battle Android Trooper! Better take it out fast."

Stalker shouts, "No, wait! It's a set-up!"

But it's too late and Dusty frags the B.A.T.

Stalker grits his teeth and says, "Where there's one B.A.T. there's usually more. We'd better find some cover."

"Whatever we do, do it fast" agrees Zap. "We've got incoming."

"We've got them now" Overkill gloats. He turns to the Cobra C.L.A.W.S. and orders him to "Bring the Heat!"

"That should soften them up. B.A.T.S.! Advance and kill them all!" shouts the deadly android leader.

Stalker quickly sets his troops: "Dusty take a position at the edge of this barrier and lay down some suppressing fire. Zap - we need your firepower, make every shot count. Low-Light, take the high ground. We need battlefield superiority."

"Low-Light? Where is he?" puzzles Stalker.

Zap replies with, "He's already gone, Skip."

The Desert Scorpion receives new orders.

"Let's go" he orders the Sand Viper. "Overkill wants us to flank the Joes. Follow me."

Then they slither off into the dank rain forest on their dire mission.

The B.A.T.'s relentless attack surges implacably forward. Despite the withering hail of steel thrown at them by the beleaguered trio the dangerous androids mindlessly advance, oblivious to the damage being inflicted upon their robotic forms.

Finally, the assault is thwarted and the ground is littered with the metallic husks of the fallen B.A.T.'s. The Joe's ammo has run dry so Stalker must take out the final enemy with his trusty knife.

Before the team has a chance to regroup a shot rings out and Dusty falls to the ground, taken down by the craven Sand Viper!

Realizing they have no other option, Stalker and Zap lay down their arms and raise their hands in surrender.

From his rocky perch high above the battlefield Low-Light takes careful aim.

"Two can play at that game" he mumbles.

He squeezes the trigger and down goes the Sand Viper. Moments later his second shot takes out the Desert Scorpion.

Dusty is lifted to his feet by his comrades. Stalker takes a quick look at his wound and states, "You should survive but we need a medical evac ASAP."

Overkill is less than pleased.

"Noo!!!" he rages. "I had them! I need to activate more Battle Android Troopers. Time to head back to base."

The C.LA.W.S mutters to himself, "Cobra Commander won't be happy about this."

Overkill's keen senses overhears that comment and he murmurs, "No. No he wouldn't."

"A pity he will never find out."

With a simple transmission the evil robot master sends his remaining B.A.T. one final order.

The steely-eyed android approaches the Cobra trooper and drives it's sword through the man's back. Now there will be no witnesses to report Overkill's failure.

The scout team arrives back at the Battle Platform.

Stalker yells, "Dee-Jay! What's the ETA on that helo?"

"They are en route and should arrive just after 1900 hours, Sir!" comes the reply.

"Excellent job, men." Stalker praises. "We faced a tough opponent and came away with valuable intel."

Now to pass it up the line and await our next mission. Yo Joe!"

I was going to put this in the Battle Scenes thread but it ended up being so long I decided to start a new one.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

pottersan
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:09:42 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Genius.....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:13:53 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I had a lot of time on my hands the last few days ...
No... really?
Applause

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
pottersan
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:33:30 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Are you taking requests?

How about GI Joe 21......

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 7:01:02 AM

Shop at My Store

pottersan wrote:
Are you taking requests?

How about GI Joe 21......

I have been thinking about doing a Ninja Battle. I have a lot of ninjas...Think

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 1:48:10 PM

Shop at My Store

This took me around five hours total time to put together.

I started by selecting the figures I wanted to use. I ended up with too many so I discarded a number of them before I settled on the Joe team (Stalker, Dusty, Zap and Low-Light) and their adversaries (Overkill, B.A.T.S., Desert Scorpion, Sand Viper and Cobra C.L.A.W.S.

Then I wrote the plot summary and did a storyboard that identified where I wanted the pictures to appear. I decided to use the Transportable Tactical Battle Platform as a staging area and thought it would be silly to leave it unattended so I picked Dee-Jay and Crank Case to be the home guard.

Next I took all of the figures and props outside and took pictures - 117 to be exact. There were a lot of bad ones in there but enough good ones that I could use. The Platform pics were taken in the "sound stage" i.e. my dining room.

I wrote the script next and then started crafting the post which took about an hour and a half plus another thirty minutes to edit.

I like how it came out, the only thing I would do differently is have a final picture of a helicopter on the landing pad. Didn't think about that until too late.

I'm thinking about doing Ninja Battles next but in the meantime I might do a few cover reproductions. Those won't take as long, I just need to make sure that I have the correct figures. Or maybe I'll do homages...Think

Any ideas?

Hall Liquidations

firecop322
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2014 8:27:31 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

That was outstanding. Looking forward for more to come.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:01:13 AM

Shop at My Store

It's not a G.I. Joe cover but how does this grab you?

Hall Liquidations