Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Summer Movie Rankings Options
Shizz
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:34:43 AM

Groups: Member

Now that summer is pretty much over, at least for blockbusters movies. List the ones you went to, their rankings, and why.

My List:

1)Guardians of the Galaxy- great fun movie. I loved it all the way around, 5 stars.

2)Captain America TWS- another great flick. Great story, Winter Soldier was awesome, Scarlet Jo will always be freaking hot! She gives any movie an additional star.

3)Edge of Tomorrow- very enjoyable. Gritty, funny, Sci-Fi, Tom Cruise... where can you go wrong?(except for that last thing)Cool This one delivered.

4)X-men DoFP- decent and enjoyable. I usually have more problems with movies that have as many plot holes as this one, but I've learned to not think much when I go see a Fox superhero creation. At least they gave me hope at the end.

5)TMNT- Exactly what I expected, which is not necessarily a bad thing. It was funny, fun, and for the kids...mostly. My one gripe was Megan,Sick. I don't know who her plastic surgeon was but $@#*!!! She never was high on my hot meter, but now she's on the ugly stick list. Plus the movie was a little short.

6)Transformers AoE- I was probably the most excited about this one, and I don't know why. It had some really awesome parts, and then some that were pretty stupid. The story had some really cool elements to it, but they just didn't go anywhere. By far the coolest looking transformers to date. And it was so freaking long!!! I've never seen so many kids that were not able to get through a movie without a bathroom break.

7)Amazing Spiderman 2- I really wanted to like this one as well, but I do not. It was the most disappointing of the summer. One cool villain out of three and a handful of cool Spidey scenes does not a good movie make. The dramatic end was really well done though.

8)Sin City 2- Do not go see. I wasn't expecting too much out of this one. Just wanted to see some twisted Frank Miller humor, but it didn't deliver. Much of it left me with questions. The stories were boring and the characters uninteresting, even Marv. It feels like they tried to cover the lack of substance with T&A. I liked the first one, this not so much. I can't believe they waited so long just to make a bad movie. Gets my dud of the summer vote.

All in all, it was a great summer for movies. The amount of movies I went to this summer is probably more that the last five combined, and there were a some that I wanted to see but didn't, Planet of the Apes, Godzilla, How to Train a Dragon. I hope they don't keep up this trend. I can't afford it.
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2014 10:23:53 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

1. Guardians of the Galaxy - Action-filled, amazing special effects, and hilarious dialogue to boot. There wasn't a second during this film that I wasn't entertained by something.

2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - I seem to be the only comic fan out there that enjoyed this movie. But I loved the hell out of it. It was very emotionally charged, and just tugged at your heartstrings.

3. X-Men: Days of Future Past - This one was great COMIC story. This movie has shown just how far we've come with comic movies. From the over-the-top 90s movies like The Mask and Batman & Robin where even the most basic ideas are changed by Hollywood to this: A true comic-based plot of a film that involved multiple comic character, a time-travel storyline, and a retcon even!

4. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - This one was for the true sci-fi fan. It's the sequel to the recent "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" film and does a good job at telling the last days of humanity and the beginnings of the ape society. It's a bit slow-moving, so like I said in my short review of it, those that aren't sci-fi fans may not appreciate it as much.

I didn't like Captain America 2 all that much, actually. I didn't like the politically-driven plot. I actually enjoyed the fallout from it on Agents of SHIELD, more.

And I still have yet to see Sin City 2. I'm sure I'll be seeing that one with the wife, though. We both really liked the first one.

I'm also seeing the 30th Anniversary showing of Ghostbusters next weekend at the theater. So by next week, that will be #1 on my list.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
fenix1977
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 4:23:48 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Guardians. Only movie you need to see.

Mad Bloggings

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2014 1:31:08 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Guardians of the Galaxy - #1

That's the only movie I saw this summer and man am I glad I did.

It's hard for me to get to the theater, I usually wait for it to come on TV or DVD. Not enough time, too expensive and it's tough for me to get Colleen interested enough to go with me. Movies that we've seen in the theater - she hated Man of Steel and Avengers, told me she liked Thor (not sure I believed her), and was ambivalent about Captain America 1.

However, she thoroughly enjoyed GotG and actually wants to go see it again in the guise of taking her young niece. Of course I will have to be be the chaperone on that trek. Pray

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations