Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Mycomicshop.com / Lone Star Comics SUCKS! Options
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:22:15 PM

Groups: Member

pottersan wrote:
A little off topic, but I noticed the joined dates of everyone on this thread......moonknight at 2010 is the newest person....where are all the people who joined in the past 4 years???????

Well I was going to post but figured would end up into another flame me thread so kept my mouth shut. Especially since I am not sure MYCS was at fault in one of these cases. Angel

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:47:06 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

comicscastle wrote:
pottersan wrote:
A little off topic, but I noticed the joined dates of everyone on this thread......moonknight at 2010 is the newest person....where are all the people who joined in the past 4 years???????
Shopping at MyComicShop & MileHigh.
BAZINGA!

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Atilla2k
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:07:01 PM

Groups: Approver, Member

freakdylan wrote:
Well I was going to post but figured would end up into another flame me thread so kept my mouth shut. Especially since I am not sure MYCS was at fault in one of these cases. Angel

& which one was that? Because they had my correct address on file and Paypal verified I had only one address on file with them.... Soooo obviously you don't mean mine, right? They were most certainly the ones who screwed up my order. Angry

hedgeknight
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 3:59:21 PM

comicscastle wrote:
pottersan wrote:
Shopping at MyComicShop & MileHigh.

I haven't visited these boards in quite awhile...until last week when I bought a bunch of books from two sellers! Big Hug

The only business I've done with MCS is via eBay > resolved not to purchase any more books after consistently getting books either damaged in shipping (or by the warehouse workers), or simply inaccurately graded. Definitely won't go back to them after reading this thread.

Winter is coming...
freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 5:01:20 PM

Atilla2k wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

& which one was that? Because they had my correct address on file and Paypal verified I had only one address on file with them.... Soooo obviously you don't mean mine, right? They were most certainly the ones who screwed up my order. Angry

lol, well actually............

In your case I think they might have been rude and had horrible CS, but the wrong shipping is paypals fault. I just went to paypal and verified I only have 2 addresses in my account. Checked here and have 1 address listed. So decided to make a small buy, and went to check out. Guess what I had 8 addresses to choose from, including one I havent used in 3 years since I moved from that state. Big Grin

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Alarion
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 1:52:20 PM

I haven't ordered from them in over a year, and they don't show you a full order history (really??), so I don't know how much I've spent with them, and I'm sure they won't miss me - but I vow to never spend another cent with MCS/Lonestar, nor any operation I am aware Buddy is involved in. I refuse to support ass-hats like this.

I have experience in CS, and this is about the worst I've ever seen (save for maybe Comcast).

Sorry you guys got shafted and treated like that. There's no sense in that mess.

Atilla2k
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:12:21 AM

Alarion wrote:
I haven't ordered from them in over a year, and they don't show you a full order history (really??), so I don't know how much I've spent with them, and I'm sure they won't miss me - but I vow to never spend another cent with MCS/Lonestar, nor any operation I am aware Buddy is involved in. I refuse to support ass-hats like this.

I have experience in CS, and this is about the worst I've ever seen (save for maybe Comcast).

Sorry you guys got shafted and treated like that. There's no sense in that mess.

Thanks! (to everyone who aviods MCS/LS from here on out!) Big Hug

marvelmaniac6169
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:41:35 AM

pottersan wrote:

I joined in 2011 but my interest and collecting habits are for Marvel Silver Age Super Hero (all runs completed except for #1's, exception of TTA 27 and DD 1)and Pre-Hero Marvel/Atlas Horror and Western so this forum offers very little to me for discussion of my comic collecting interests.

As far as My Comic Shop...
I did purchase from them in the past with no issues, the books were fairly priced and usually were "under graded".
In the past year or so there prices have skyrocketed either because they are selling at what they feel is "fair market value" or they are "price gouging", either way they are no where near guide for the books I am looking for.

The books I am looking for are few and far between so I usually stick with eBay or Comic Connect auctions and stick to my price, if I win fine, if i do not that is fine too.

Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:29:23 PM

marvelmaniac6169 wrote:
...In the past year or so there prices have skyrocketed...
This seems to be the case everywhere - not specific to MCS/LSC.
Sellers that used to be my "go to" here have raised their prices by about 5X in many cases.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:03:24 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

marvelmaniac6169 wrote:

As far as My Comic Shop...
I did purchase from them in the past with no issues, the books were fairly priced and usually were "under graded".
In the past year or so there prices have skyrocketed either because they are selling at what they feel is "fair market value" or they are "price gouging", either way they are no where near guide for the books I am looking for.

Good news & bad news. The bad news is Overstreet is pretty much irrelevant, they lost me in 2009 when I realized a section covering several letters of the alphabet was copied & pasted from the year before, including Iron Man which had a big movie the previous summer. The commentary from the advisors is good stuff but the problem is Overstreet takes very little of their advice when setting prices. Ebay & the major stores are better for determining value as changes in supply/demand are reflected almost immediately in prices.

The good news is your comic collection is probably worth a lot more than you realize.

As for skyrocketing prices, that's what happens when 6 or 7 of the top 10 movies this year are comic related, it's a boom. Anybody sitting on a big collection is a happy camper. It doesn't hurt that foreigners are becoming big comic fans & pretty much have to come to the US for their back issues.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:07:07 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Received last night.

Quote:
We have refunded the $5 to [Dan]'s credit card that he appears convinced we owe him. We still disagree with the customer's account of what transpired, as we have already stated, and consider the matter to be closed.

My final reply as I did get the $5 back on my card.

Quote:
I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID xxxxx, and find that this resolution is satisfactory to me.

However, the fact that it took Lone Star two months and several back and forths in personal e-mails and several back and forths through BBB to honor their return policy remains completely unacceptable. As does their continued assertions that I am the one in the wrong and not telling an accurate story. I have provided BBB with documented proof of the e-mails that took place, which in no way line up with Lone Star's completely made up story of the events. Lone Star/mycomicshop is an absolutely terrible company with horrible business ethics and I will make sure any comic book collector knows this story and the many others regarding their abysmal customer service.

"Words have meaning." - my wife
Atilla2k
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:24:39 PM

Amen Swifty, I never did hear back on my refusal of their refusal of my rufusal.....

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:57:13 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
I did get the $5 back on my card.

How very generous of them!

I love the "that he appears convinced we owe him" part of it. Rolling on the Floor

How much easier would it have been if they had just provided good (not even exceptional) customer service?

Good luck on your claim, Attila. Keep on refusing!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:48:07 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I love the "that he appears convinced we owe him" part of it. Rolling on the Floor

Yeah. That's what earned the parting shot instead of just quietly accepting the resolution

"Words have meaning." - my wife
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:57:47 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
How much easier would it have been if they had just provided good (not even exceptional) customer service?
How much easier would it have been if they had just provided customer service?

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Atilla2k
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 11:44:40 AM

What a colossal waste of my time! I suppose the only real satisfaction I can take from this is several of you will not purchase from them for a 1st time or as a repeat customer and that they had to take time from their busy day to respond to the BBB even if it accomplished nothing other than annoying them.

pottersan
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 3:13:19 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising/Sales Issues 2
Billing/Collection Issues 0
Delivery Issues 6
Guarantee/Warranty Issues 2
Problems with Product/Service 14
Total Closed Complaints 24

They have a B rating...

From the BBB site.

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Atilla2k
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 8:10:09 AM

If it accomplished anything I'd say more people need to complain to the BBB... but again look how far that got me.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 8:18:33 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The part of the BBB letter that said neither you nor Lone Star provided sufficient documentation or information was a bit puzzling. Confused

What else did they need?

It's almost like they're saying that both parties are at fault.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 12:26:06 PM

Atilla2k wrote:
If it accomplished anything I'd say more people need to complain to the BBB... but again look how far that got me.
Sadly, the BBB is NOT what it once was.
I sometimes get the impression that you can purchase an A+ rating...

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted: