Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Seller's Corner » State of the Hall Address - January 2017 Edition

State of the Hall Address - January 2017 Edition

MoonKnight1
Friday, January 06, 2017 11:51:21 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
It's been awhile since I have posted one of these, the last few months in The Hall have been...interesting to say the least.

In no particular order -

A set of shelves collapsed on me back in October and it took me close to an hour to free myself. Ended up with some minor nerve damage and have been rehabbing since. Not quite back to 100% but I'm getting there. Ouch Because of that -

I am undertaking a massive reorganization of my comic storage room to prevent an accident like that from happening again and also doing some Inventory maintenance at the same time. That is going to take some time and might affect the swiftness of shipping that you are used to. On the plus side, as per my store policy, any order that takes longer than a day to ship will include a free comic.

Another project that I have undertaken hasn't turned out as well as expected yet but we are still working on it. The Bijou Cafe has had a few events but progress has been slowed because we are waiting for the City of Richmond to approve the proper permits. The Bijou is an independent movie house that has been operating downtown on Broad Street for several months now. As soon as we are allowed, I will operate a mini food service business to complement the experience. The Bijou Cafe

Taking up a lot of my time lately has been the addition of two new kittens to my menagerie. Full story here: Chronicles of the Crazy Cat Man Long story short - I crawled up under somebody's house and rescued two kittens. Planned on finding someone to adopt them and that someone turned out to be me. Big Grin

Last but not least, I just got called back to act on the television show Turn: Washington's Spies. I have appeared in all 3 seasons and now should be alright for season 4, the last one. Not taking it for granted yet, I have learned not to get my hopes up too much as I've been shot down before. It is a good sign that they have called me for Episode 1. Dancing

As far as my plans for CCL go, the goal is to add at least 2 long boxes a month to my inventory. The intention is to keep a good mix of the Big 2 and Independent , all of the different Ages (Gold/Silver/Bronze/Modern) and anything Hot that I come across. I don't mind adding Reader Copies at low prices and will continue to do that as well.

I'm also going to try to help keep the Forums alive! We can have a lot of fun there and I encourage you all to browse and comment. If you have a question or something that you think is interesting then start your own thread. It's easy. I don't run sales in my store but I do offer giveaways through Forum Posts sometimes so keep watching! and posting! Call Me

I wish you all a happy and productive New Year. Health and Prosperity to you and your families! Party

STORE POLICIES

Free S&H for orders of $25 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International orders

ALL Comics come bagged and boarded - Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM.

Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM.

ALL orders come with free tracking or customs form number information - Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.

Grading - I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.

Fast Shipping Promise - All orders will ship no later than the next business day or you receive a free comic of my choice. Friday orders will ship no later than Monday. Sometimes I am able to ship on Saturday but not always. If your order is in before 3PM it will usually ship same day.

[size=6]^NEW^
- International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.

If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.

I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.

I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Howie's Saying of the Week

He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Michel de Montaign

MoonKnight1
Friday, January 20, 2017 9:23:58 AM
Shop at My Store
The reorganization has taken a little longer than expected. I was hoping to be able to finish up today but it appears that early next week is more likely. Once I get it done I will list two long boxes that have been patiently waiting their turn.

Thank you again to all of my fantastic customers! I appreciate your patience and loyalty! Big Hug

He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Michel de Montaign

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:39:27 AM
Shop at My Store
Finally done! It took 6 working days and more than 40 hours but the reorganization is completed. My entire inventory is now arranged alphabetically and numerically, 90 long boxes total. I took care of some problems that I noticed and also adjusted some things here and there. I am now ready to get back to listing! There's a lot of great comics in the pipeline, more info as I list them.

See ya in February! Wave