Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Seller's Corner » State of the Hall Address - June 2017 Edition

State of the Hall Address - June 2017 Edition

MoonKnight1
Sunday, June 04, 2017 2:01:17 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
That's right, it's June! The Hall had an eventful month of May. Had a birthday on Star Wars Day - May the Fourth - and celebrated by seeing Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2. Awesome movie. Over Memorial Day weekend Colleen and I went camping at the Blockhouse Disc Golf and Country Club AKA The Grange. Had a blast as usual! Probably had a few too many adult beverages but I never lost my flashlight so was always able to find my tent in the pitch blackness of rural Stafford County, Virginia. In between I was able to list several more long boxes and also made a few purchases that I think could turn out to be quite lucrative indeed. Cool

Good news and gooder news (is 'gooder' even a word? Nailbiting )! Don't know if you all remember but last year I had a set of shelves collapse on me and had some partial paralysis in my left leg. All better now except for occasional tinglyness. (Boy am I making up some new words today! Dancing ). Even better news is that I am finally replacing the rickety shelves with a sturdier product. At the end of this month I will be getting the new stuff and installing it in my storage room. It will be a tough task because I am going to have to do it in stages due to the limited space I have. Move the old stuff out, move the new stuff in - that's what it's all about! Hopefully I will be able to get it done without having to put my store into Vacation Mode or otherwise delaying any orders. If something like that were to happen then I would alert you for sure.

Another not so fun thing happened in May but it turned out OK. As most of you know I take care of a colony of stray cats. Last year a new one started showing up (I call him Skittles) and I was unable to find his owner and also couldn't get him adopted. So I guess he's mine now. He is an awesome kitty and I can't believe that anyone would have purposely abandoned him but whatever his story is he is being taken care of now.

Anyway, he showed up limping several weeks ago and I had to take him to the vet. We're not sure what happened but his leg had some type of fracture. I never see him in the street so I think it happened while he was jumping or running away from something and got it caught in a fence or whatever. It wasn't bad enough that it had to be splinted but I did keep him captured in my upstairs bathroom for three weeks while it healed. He's all better now so it ended up just costing a bit from the wallet but nothing from my heart.

My CCL plans for this month are modest. Since I am getting the new shelves in a few weeks a lot of time will be spent getting my space organized so it will be an easy transition. So rather than Quantity I will focus on Quality and list a half box or two of Silver Age comics. I will also endeavor to get all of my Unshelved Items into my virtual Store Shelves. I know that some of you like them! I have gotten a little behind on that so I will try to have every comic in my Inventory in a store shelf to make it easier for you to browse.

Thank you again to all of my Spectacular Customers! I couldn't do it without you! Applause Dancing Kiss Big Hug

STORE POLICIES

Free S&H for orders of $25 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International orders

ALL Comics come bagged and boarded - Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM.

Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM.

ALL orders come with free tracking or customs form number information - Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.

Grading - I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.

Fast Shipping Promise - All orders will ship no later than the next business day or you receive a free comic of my choice. Friday orders will ship no later than Monday. Sometimes I am able to ship on Saturday but not always. If your order is in before 3PM it will usually ship same day.

[size=6]^NEW^
- International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.

If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.

I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.

I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Howie's Saying of the Week

We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right. - Marianne Williamson

MoonKnight1
Thursday, June 08, 2017 2:44:18 PM
Shop at My Store
Just finished sending a short box of Gold and Silver Age comics to the Live Market. A lot of them are the only copies available on CCL.

Here's what I got:

3-D Circus (no glasses) ONLY ONE ON CCL!
80 Page Giant Magazine
#1 - Superman
#2 - Jimmy Olsen
#4 - Flash
#5 - Batman
#6 - Superman
#7 - Sgt. Rock's Blazing Battle Tales ONLY ONE ON CCL!
#13 - Jimmy Olsen ONLY ONE ON CCL!
#15 - Superman and Batman
Action Comics #316 - with Supergirl
Adventure Comics #295 - Bizarro, Bizarro Lois, Bizarro Titano ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Adventure Comics #353 - Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes, Fatal Five
Avengers Annual #2 - Scarlet Centurion
Batman #179 - Riddler ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Batman #197 - Batgirl, Catwoman
Batman Annual #179 - 80 Page Giant - Joker, Two-Face
Brave and the Bold #78 - Wonder Woman, Batgirl
Captain America #136 - Falcon, Mole Man
Charlton Premiere #3 - Sinistro, Boy Fiend READER COPY ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Detective Comics #350 - Green Lantern, Elongated Man
Fightin' 5 #41 - Monster From The Abyss READER COPY ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Fightin' Navy #94 - The Normandy Phantom ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Flash #147 - Reverse Flash
Flash #172 - Gorilla Grodd
Hanna Barbera Super TV Heroes #2 and #4 - Herculoids, Birdman, Mighty Magnor
Hawk and the Dove #1 - Key Book! 2nd appearance
Hawkman #3 and #21 - Hawkgirl
Hi-Adventure Heroes #1 and #2 - Three Musketeers, Gulliver, Arabian Knight #1 is the ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Incredible Hulk #105 - Mr Fantastic
Incredible Hulk #107 - Mandarin
Incredible Hulk #113 - Sandman
Incredible Hulk #115 and #116 - Leader
Iron Man #7 - Gladiator ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Iron Man #10 - Mandarin ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Iron Man #13 - Controller ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Iron Man #21 - Tony Quits! ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Iron Man #28 - Controller
Iron Man #30 - Monster Master ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Iron Man #31 - Mastermind ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Josie #35 - Early Archie! ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Josie and the Pussycats #47 and #50 - Early Archie! ONLY ONES ON CCL!
Journey Into Mystery #119 - Destroyer 1st appearance
Journey Into Mystery #121-123 - Absorbing Man
Journey Into Mystery #125 - Hercules LAST SILVER AGE ISSUE
Justice League of America #6 - Amos Fortune 1st appearance ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Justice League of America #29-30 - Justice Society of America, Crime Syndicate of America, Crisis on Earth 3
Konga #9 and #15 - Giant Monster!#15 is the ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Little Eva in 3-D #1 (no glasses)
Marvel Premiere #1 - Adam Warlock 1st appearance!
Marvel Premiere #47 - Scott Lang Ant-Man 1st appearance UK price! ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Marvel Tales Annual #1 - Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Sgt. Fury, Giant-Man, Wasp ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Mighty Comics #40 - The Web
Mighty Crusaders #5 - Fly-Man, The Shield ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Monsters On the Prowl #10 - Roc
Monsters on the Prowl - #11 - Xemnu the Titan ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Mystery in Space #106 - Ultra the Multi-Alien
Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #2, 3, 5 and 8-16 - #5 - Scorpio; #9-11 - Hate Monger; #13 - Super Patriot #16 is the ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Night Nurse #2 - appears in the Netflix MU! ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Not Brand Echh #1 - early Marvel Humor Mag!
Plastic Man #2 (1944) - Jack Cole ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Plastic Man #6 (1967) - the Mad Mod ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Rangers Comics #61 - Firehair ONLY ONE ON CCL!SOLD!
Spectre #9 - READER COPY
Strange Adventures #190 - Animal Man 1st time in costume!
Strange Adventures #195 - Animal Man READER COPY ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Strange Suspense Stories #76 - Captain Atom ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Superboy #142 - Super-Ape
Superman #195 - Supergirl
Superman #198
Superman #204
Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #52 - Lana Lang
Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #111 - Bondage Cover!
Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #88 - Super Rock & Roll!
Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #95 - 80 Page Giant
Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #105 - World of 1,000 Olsens
Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #110 - Jimmy the Barber
Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #122 - DC Giant Series G
Suspense #15 - pre-Code horror! ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Thor #132 and #133 - Ego, the Living Planet 1st and 2nd appearance
U.S. Paratroops #8 - very rare war comicREADER COPY ONLY ONE ON CCL!
War Comics #42 - early pre-Marvel! ONLY ONE ON CCL!

We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right. - Marianne Williamson

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:57:29 PM
Shop at My Store
Surprise!

Got another long box up yesterday with close to 300 books in it. Nothing spectacular (except for some Spectacular Spider-Man comics Winking ) but a lot of 80's and 90's filler stock from Marvel and DC. Plus a handful of Bronze Marvel's thrown in.

Here are some of the highlights:

Batman Strikes #11 - ONLY ONE ON CCL!

Captain America #155 - Origin of Jack Monroe (Nomad) - ONLY ONE ON CCL!

Green Lantern: Brightest Day, Blackest Night - ONLY ONE ON CCL!

Inhumans #12 - Last Issue! - ONLY ONE ON CCL!

Justice League Unlimited #26 - ONLY ONE ON CCL!

Micronauts #8 - 1st appearance of Captain Universe

Power Man and Iron Fist #60 - ONLY ONE ON CCL!

Weird Fantasies #1 - ONLY ONE ON CCL!

Since I have been focusing on The Big Two lately I just dug up a long box of mostly Independent books that I will try to get up by the end of the week. More info when it's done. Stay Tuned. Cool

MoonKnight1
Saturday, June 17, 2017 11:59:21 AM
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Since I have been focusing on The Big Two lately I just dug up a long box of mostly Independent books that I will try to get up by the end of the week. More info when it's done. Stay Tuned. Cool

Yup, they're up!

It ended up being around 250 books. Here are the highlights:

Publishers

Dark Horse
Drawn and Quarterly
Eclipse
Fantagraphics
Icon
Kitchen Sink
Sirius
Slave Labor Graphics
Valiant
and other more obscure comic companies

Large runs of the following titles:

Bone (Both Cartoon Books and Image)
Critters
Deadface
Death Rattle
Poison Elves
Strangehaven
Strangers in Paradise (including some Gold Series Reprints)
Wordsmith
Xenozoic Tales
X-O Manowar

Still waiting for my storage shelves to come in so I might have time to list more comics this upcoming week. I've got about a long box and a half of Transformers books from the earliest Marvel issues right up until a couple years ago (IDW/Dreamwave, etc.). I think there's a new Transformers movie coming out. Hmm...Think

Don't be surprised if I end up listing those! Silly

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 7:19:52 AM
Shop at My Store
They're here! Dancing

Getting ready to go pick up the new shelves. It's a chunk of change but it will allow me to expand safely. The process of putting them up and transferring everything over is going to take a while, hopefully I won't have to go on Vacation Mode while I'm doing it. Until it is finished orders might take a little longer to be filled and I apologize in advance if that happens. I will get it done as quickly as possible and then get back to bringing you good comic entertainment!

That includes the Forums! I've been so busy recently preparing for this that I have slacked off on the Message Boards. Once everything is settled then I will be back with a vengeance! Cool

MoonKnight1
Friday, June 30, 2017 11:23:32 AM
Shop at My Store
Shelves are up! They are awesome and will certainly help my business. Tell you what though, it was a lot of strenuous labor. Whew!

I was trying to get a box of comics up before the weekend but it wasn't meant to be so I will finish it up next week.

Going out of town for almost a week, will return next Thursday, July 6th and ship any orders at that time.

Have a Happy Fourth of July Holiday! Dancing Party

MoonKnight1
Friday, June 30, 2017 8:31:46 PM
Shop at My Store
Going out of town for a week! The next time I will be able to ship is going to be next Thursday, July 6th.

I will stay in touch as much as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience, thank you for your patience!

Have a Happy Fourth of July Celebration! Stay Safe!