Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Seller's Corner » State of the Hall Address - July 2017
MoonKnight1
Saturday, July 08, 2017 1:08:29 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Sorry it's late but here it is: The State of the Hall in July 2017!

Had a nice bit of vacation last week. We started at a Women's Only Frisbee Golf Tournament, I was the caddy and Colleen won her division! It was very hot and humid and we got rained on once (which I was totally fine with!) and it was pretty fun overall.

After that we wandered around northern Virginia a bit and strayed into West Virginia briefly when we visited Harpers Ferry. After that it was my Dad's house for his annual Fourth of July celebration. Blowing things up is a favorite pastime of us Hall Boys so we lit up the sky with some fancy pyrotechnics! By which I mean marginally legal fireworks. Don't worry, we were safe this year there were barely any injuries.

I did have a minor mishap when I stumbled over the cornhole board. In my defense, I came out looking pretty good. Here's what happened: during one particularly awesome display I was backing up and watching. I stepped on the board and started to lose my balance. After trying to save myself from falling I realized that it wasn't going to happen, I was going over. So I intentionally pitched backwards, tucked and rolled and then popped back up to my feet. There is no truth to the rumour that I may have been partially impaired. In dog beers I only had 5. Tongue

I was hoping that no one noticed but of course my brother and father both saw it. Luckily I don't think it was caught on film. Actually, I kind of wish it had been because I came out looking like a ninja! Did a full backwards somersault and stood right back up. And I'm almost 50 so anyone who doubts my dexterity can put a lid on it. Cool

OK, now that my new shelves are in place I will be able to start adding more books to my Store Inventory. I will try to keep a good mix of everything and will keep you updated as things progress.

Coming soon:

Transformers - almost two longboxes from the early Marvel years right up until now.

Charlton Bronze - mostly mid to low grade and also includes Modern variants

Archie - at least two long boxes from the 70's through the early 2000's

Much More!

Stay Tuned!

Dancing Daydreaming Party Call Me Big Hug Applause

STORE POLICIES

Free S&H for orders of $25 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International orders

ALL Comics come bagged and boarded - Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM.

Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM.

ALL orders come with free tracking or customs form number information - Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.

Grading - I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.

Fast Shipping Promise - All orders will ship no later than the next business day or you receive a free comic of my choice. Friday orders will ship no later than Monday. Sometimes I am able to ship on Saturday but not always. If your order is in before 3PM it will usually ship same day.

^NEW^- International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.

If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.

I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.

I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Howie's Saying of the Week

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination - Jimmy Dean

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:33:38 PM
Shop at My Store
Finally finished up a short box I had been working on. Only 100 books but got some nice ones in there.

Here's a peek:

Captain Marvel (1968) #10 and #14 with Iron Man!
Daredevil (not the Marvel super hero) #88 and #108 Rare Golden Age! ONLY ONES ON CCL!
DC 100 Page Super Special #4 - Weird Mystery Tales
Demon # 16 Silver Age last issue
Fantastic Four #150 Ultron!
Heroes vs Hitler ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Incredible Hulk #155, 168 1st Harpy!, 188 Gremlin, 235 Machine Man, 250 Silver Surfer, Annual #8 Sasquatch and Alpha Flight
Iron Fist Bronze #2-4, 6, 7, 9, 11-13 and 15 X-Men!
Jesse James #1 AC Comics ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Journey Into Mystery 2nd series #1 Robert E. Howard, #3 Robert Bloch, #10 Tim Boo Baa
Jungle Action #6 1st Killmonger ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Jungle Girls #1-16 FULL RUN! many of these are the ONLY ONES ON CCL!
---features Cave Girl, Nyoka - the Jungle Girl, Tara, Sheena - Queen of the Jungle, Tiger Girl, Rulah - Jungle Goddess and Wild Girl
Justice League of America Silver Age #9 Origin Issue ONLY ONE ON CCL!, 26 Despero, 28
Ka-Zar 1st series #1 X-Men
Kilroy's #54 Golden Age Last Issue! ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Marvel Feature #2 2nd Defenders!
Marvel Premiere #2 2nd Adam Warlock, #3 Dr Strange, #16 2nd Iron Fist!
Marvel Presents # 4-9 and #11 Guardians of the Galaxy
Marvel Spotlight #3 2nd Werewolf By Night, #8 and 11 Ghost Rider, #12 and 18 Son of Satan, #28 and 29 1st solo Moon Knight, #32 1st Jessica Drew Spider Woman
Marvel Super-Heroes #13 Captain Marvel 1st Carol Danvers, #24 Daredevil 1st Purple Man
Mighty Marvel Western #1ONLY ONE ON CCL!, 3, 4ONLY ONE ON CCL!, 11 and 14 Rawhide Kid, Kid Colt, Two-Gun Kid
Thrill-O-Rama #2 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Tippy Teen #23 ONLY ONE ON CCL!

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination - Jimmy Dean

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:46:24 AM
Shop at My Store
Got another long box up! Mostly Wolverine and related titles but also a couple dozen Gold and Silver Age books.

Dark Wolverine #75-84 Mostly Variants!
Weapon X mini #1-4
Wolverine vol1 - just over 100 issues from -1 to #174
...some or all of the following limited series, one-shots and graphic novels:
Wolverine and the Punisher: Damaging Evidence
Wolverine: Blood Hungry
Wolverine/Captain America
Wolverine: Dangerous Games
Wolverine: Days of Future Past
Wolverine/Doop
Wolverine Encyclopedia
Wolverine: The End
Wolverine: Evilution
Wolverine: First Class
Wolverine: Flies to a Spider
Wolverine/Gambit: Victims
Wolverine: Global Jeopardy
Wolverine/Hulk
Wolverine: Netsuke
Wolverine: Origins
Wolverine/Punisher: Revelations
Wolverine: Saga
Wolverine: Saudade
Wolverine: Soultaker
Wolverine: Switchback
Wolverine: Weapon X
Wolverine: Xisle

Gold and Silver Age

Action Comics #173 - ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Action Comics #266 - ONLY ONE ON CCL! Supergirl! Streaky! Krypto!
Action Comics #330 - Supergirl!
Algie #2-B ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Beetle Bailey #79 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Black Cat #63 (not the Marvel Super Heroine)
Black Diamond Western ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Blue Bolt Comics #103 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Brain! #3 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Brain Boy #2 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Brain Boy #5
Bugs Bunny #110 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Buster Brown #36 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Cadet Grey of West Point #1 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Captain America #101-104 Red Skull!
Captain Marvel #1 (Not the Marvel Super Hero) ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Captain Steve Savage #11 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Combat Kelly #6 & #44 ONLY ONES ON CCL!
Crime and Punishment #47 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Crime Does Not Pay #97 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Crime-Fighting Detective #13 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Desperado #6 ONLY ONE ON CCL!
Flash Gordon (King Comics) #2, 4 ONLY ONES ON CCL! and #5
One Million Years Ago #1 ONLY ONE ON CCL!

And then there's this beauty:
Heavy Metal Monsters #2 ONLY ONE ON CCL! 3-Dimensional!
Front Cover

Back Cover

Starting work now on a box and a half of Transformers, mostly the Marvel stuff from the 1980's but a lot of Dreamwave and IDW as well. More details when they're up. hopefully by the end of the week or early next week.

Stay Tuned!