It was an active January for The Hall, so much going on I hardly know where to start!
OK, business first. I just bought half of Velocity Comics over stock which came to about 10 long boxes. I am done sorting them and will begin listing them here in the next week or two. It's around 75% Marvel with the rest divided between DC and Independent Publishers. Roughly 90% of the comics are from the last 3 years and because I got such a great price on them I am able to pass the savings on to you! I will be listing them for 40-60% of cover price.
By the end of Spring/Early Summer I will be purchasing the other half of their over stock which will consist of more DC and Indy titles so stay tuned for updates!
Also, I have been keeping up with shelving all comics in my virtual Store Shelves to make it easier for you to browse. Everything except for the most recent additions are in a Shelf now and I will be finishing that up as soon as possible. I have also created a new Store Shelf for Prestige Format comics so take a look!
On a personal note, I have done more filming for Homeland: Season 7 on Showtime. The first episode debuts this month and I will hopefully appear in Ep. 5. I say hopefully because you never know if any screen time occurs until the show actually airs. I cannot divulge any particulars of the plot until they come on but I can say that I play a white supremacist, neo-Nazi, Confederate militia kook. So pretty much the opposite of me in real life!
It's OK, we're only play acting and I'm pretty sure they're not going to make us look good.
Production wraps next week so looks like I'm done with this season. Hopefully they will come back to Richmond for Season 8 and I will get more opportunities.
I have also started a vanity project in these here Forums called Howie's Cooking Channel. This is the link for Episode 1 - Introduction
. I will try to do at least one a month depending on when the whim strikes. Feel free to post any questions, comments or suggestions that you have about anything food or cooking related and I will do my best to help out.
I just did a small catering event last weekend for a party of 12. We had shrimp alfredo, seared sea scallops in lemon butter, bacon wrapped steak medallions, Caesar salad, seared mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots), mini baguettes and for dessert - tiramisu. And yes, I made everything from scratch as much as possible. It was yummy!
I hope everyone survived the Arctic Sub-Polar Bomb Blast Vortex or whatever they're calling it these days. Spring is Coming!
Salud! STORE POLICIES Free S&H for orders of $25 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International ordersALL Comics come bagged and boarded
- Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM. Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM.ALL orders come with free tracking or customs form number information
- Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after
I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.Grading
- I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.Fast Shipping Promise
- All orders will ship no later than the next business day or you receive a free comic of my choice. Friday orders will ship no later than Monday. Sometimes I am able to ship on Saturday but not always. If your order is in before 3PM it will usually ship same day.International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.
If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.
I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.
I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.