Spring is in the air and a pep is in the step!
The month of March was fantastic for The Hall! Business was booming (thank you tax returns!) and I have continued adding to my inventory. All of the comics I bought from Velocity have now been listed and I just spoke with them today about getting another haul. That means I will be able to continue adding recent releases at about half cover price.
If you didn't see it, I had some good screen time on Homeland from Showtime. It was only a few seconds but I was right in front of the camera as it scrolled past me. They tell you not to look at the camera so I don't do that but I am always aware of where it is. I could "feel" it sliding behind me so I would strategically turn my head as it went by and sure enough, it worked!
I also got a surprise gig for an Independent film. Got an emergency call asking if I was available the next day, I was and it was in town so easy peasy. Didn't pay much but I am virtually guaranteed to get screen time and I did a huge favor for the casting company so that will pay off for me in the long run.
I'm looking forward to a productive April. There are stacks and stacks of comics just waiting to be listed and I plan on trying to crack the Top 5 in the Store Locator by the end of the year. Right now I'm sitting on #7...
Awesome personal news! I have been tapped for a catering job in May. I will be providing lunch for about 150 people a day for each of the last two weekends of May. We are going to be at the Blockhouse Disc Golf and Country Club (AKA The Grange) for their Too Many Days In May tournament. Each weekend day there will be two rounds of frisbee golf (18 holes each) and in between rounds I will be feeding the crowds.
I have helped out in previous years but this will be my first time with complete control. I have absolute confidence that I will be able to provide a respectable spread and am really looking forward to it. Cooking is my passion and it doesn't even seem like work to me. It's fun and I should make a few bucks along the way!
I'm thinking about doing something special in May. STORE POLICIES Free S&H for orders of $25 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International ordersALL Comics come bagged and boarded
- Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM. Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM.ALL orders come with free tracking or customs form number information
- Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after
I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.Grading
- I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.Fast Shipping Promise
- All orders will ship no later than the next business day or you receive a free comic of my choice. Friday orders will ship no later than Monday. Sometimes I am able to ship on Saturday but not always. If your order is in before 3PM it will usually ship same day.International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.
If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.
I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.
I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.