February was a trying month here in The Hall. I had to move from my home of 20+ years and it was difficult, stressful and emotionally hard to deal with. However, life goes on and I have begun to settle into the New Normal. You can see some of what I'm talking about here: Moving
Like I said, moving on: March is gearing up to be a huge month for us. My goal is still to try and hit the 40,000 threshold in my inventory. Obviously I didn't get the start that I had hoped for but there's still plenty of time. I have at least 15 long boxes ready to go so once I get in a groove that will be a quick burst.
I am also preparing to purchase the back stock from Richmond's own Velocity Comics
which means that very soon I will be selling very recent comics (last 3 or fewer years) for half off cover price!
In the midst of everything else I bought a ton of toys from a private collector. Mostly vintage Star Wars but also numerous G. I. Joes and their vehicles. While I was able to get a complete Millennium Falcon (sweet!
) I could not afford the USS Flagg - the G. I. Joe Aircraft carrier (which is 6 feet long)
. I have another chance at it, the guy who I bought from is now looking to lower his prices so maybe someday soon I will have that sucker!
In the meantime, I am listing those figures on the four letter auction site, see my signature for a link!
Oh! Almost forgot! I have decided to run a sale. The first ever Hall of Heroes Sale! Although I have run numerous promotions over the years I have not yet had a sale. The reasons are that for one I think that my prices are very reasonable. For another, I don't like having to accept payment in full and then send a refund. It asks the customer to take a leap of faith that their order will be refunded and it places a burden on the buyer to make sure that they refund everyone that qualifies, don't double refund by accident, it ties up funds for all involved, it's just clunky here. I run sales on eBay all of the time because it's easier.
The details for the sale will be: here
, please click on the link for the explanation. Basically it's all comics that are priced at $5 or less are half price. You have to use the Code Word: Bizarro in a Personal Message (PM) to me in order to qualify for the sale. GOAL - 40,000 COMICS
Current Inventory = 34,386
Number of books added = 501
Need to reach goal: 5,614
Number of boxes listed - 2
I will keep updating this as I go along.STORE POLICIES Free S&H for orders of $25 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International ordersALL Comics come bagged and boarded
- Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM. Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM.ALL orders come with free tracking or customs form number information
- Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after
I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.Grading
- I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.Fast Shipping Promise
- All orders will ship no later than the next business day or you receive a free comic of my choice. Friday orders will ship no later than Monday. Sometimes I am able to ship on Saturday but not always. If your order is in before 3PM it will usually ship same day.International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.
If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.
I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.
I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.