Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Sports » Quick Mini-Poll Two NFL Teams Favored by 3 TDs?

Poll Question: Which outcome are you predicting (or hoping for?

• New England & Dallas Both Win
    50%
    1 vote(s)
  • Pats Win, Boys Lose
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Boys Win/Pats Lose
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Both Get Upset
    50%
    1 vote(s)
  • Maybe 1 or both Ties?
    0%
    0 vote(s)

Quick Mini-Poll Two NFL Teams Favored by 3 TDs?

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:19:23 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Whereas it's widespread in college football for teams to be favored by multiple TD's (and routinely cover those spreads) it's not very often in the NFL that you see too many double digit betting lines. Much less two or more touchdowns.

However, at this point, there are two games this weekend where the spread is 21+ points: Patriots/Jets and Cowboys/Dolphins. New England and Dallas are both playing at home just to make it a bit tougher. Now, these lines could go down a point or two - maybe even up - but either way it is unusual to have two "sure things" in the same weekend.

I'm gonna know what you guys in the football pool are predicting but maybe you secretly wouldn't be too upset if one or two of those picks wrong am I right?

So I'm asking everyone what are you thinking will happen and what are you sort of hoping will happen?

Howie's Saying of the Week

I have lived in this world just long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time - "Josh Billings" (Henry Wheeler Shaw)

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:25:04 AM
Shop at My Store
You all know that I never pick the Cowboys to win anything. I actually hope they even lose at practice. Obviously I see who they're playing and realize that the score differential might be even more than 3 TD's. I would love for the Dolphins to win at least one of their next three games so might as well be this one. I'm terrified that Miami will beat Washington in Week 6 and we will forever be the "1" in their 1-15 Anxious Nailbiting

I don't hate the Patriots as much as some but I am not a big fan of theirs either. I just think it would be funny if the Jets won! Rolling on the Floor

I'm going with two upsets just for the heck of it! Devil

I have lived in this world just long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time - "Josh Billings" (Henry Wheeler Shaw)

lcfrick
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:48:02 PM
Groups: Member
MoonKnight1 wrote:
I'm terrified that Miami will beat Washington in Week 6 and we will forever be the "1" in their 1-15

That is 100% why Brian Billick got fired after the 2007 season. The Dolphins went 1-15 that year with their only win coming in overtime against the Ravens in week 15 (so they were 0-13 at the time).

Though there was another funny moment (in hindsight) from that season. The Browns attempted a game tying field goal as time expired in the 4th quarter, but the ball hit behind the crossbar and bounced out. The refs ruled it no good and the Ravens went to the locker room. 10 minutes later the refs ruled that the field goal was good (since it went between the uprights completely before bouncing off of the support beam) and that the game was going to overtime. The Browns won in overtime thanks in no small part to the fact that the Ravens were unprepared for the game to continue.

And I'm absolutely rooting for the Jets and Dolphins... but come on, that's not happening. I think the only way the Dolphins could have a worse schedule start to the season is if they played the Chiefs in week 4, but they don't play them at all this year. (Though I wouldn't put it past the Dolphins to get blown out by the bye-week too.)

I don't think there's much of a chance of either of them covering the spread either.
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:51:21 PM
Shop at My Store
Both of the ginormous underdogs are from the AFC East. Is it any wonder that the Patriots have won the division for something like 37 years in a row? Sigh