Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Seller's Corner » A New Store: Introducing Myself
Aslpride
Tuesday, August 04, 2020 3:20:46 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin and I would like to introduce myself to my new store. Before process the story about myself. I want to give my thanks to moonknight1 for his involvement to help me understand the CCL Store system. He did help me to understand how it works. Without him, I might delay my ability to understand how CCL Store works. Moonknight1: A big thanks to you from me. :)

Let's begin with my story. I started reading comic books from my grandma's closet. Nothing bad, but they were Archies series. My brother and I always read them when we were visiting or stay at Grandma's home. My grandma decides to give me my first comic book and I still have it. It's Archie 324 and the information said it was published in July 1983. I was six years old when I got that copy. That's when I start collecting comic books. In 1989, I pick up a copy from 7/11 that wasn't related to Archie Series for the first time. It was G.I. Joe A Real American Hero number 88. I have been collecting G.I. Joe ARAH series until it ends. I also started collecting Uncanny X-Men during 1991. I was a freshman in High School at that time and my brother was a senior when I was a freshman. He already collecting UXMen from 1988's. I did read copies from my brother and he decides to not let me read them anymore. I guess it's the "Senior and Freshman" thing. That's how I decide to pick up my own issue at number 274. After that, I am hooked with Uncanny X-Men and I almost completed all X-titles. My brother continues collecting UXMen but he also collecting ASM, Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man. He didn't pursue all X-titles except UXMen. Since he did collecting those comic books and I have been collecting all other X-titles. We usually share stories after we read them. What we did remember was that we already have sense of preserve our copies by buying bag/board with box. It helps us to able to sell them at the best price. However, we still share our regrets to sell them.

During my collecting experience has promoted me to buy and sell comic books. I have been doing it for more than 25 years and continuing. I have been selling them through eBay, but in past two years, the fees and the ability to get recognized in the eBay community have become difficult. Only big companies would able to sell well at eBay as they get benefits. I have to meet eBay's expectation to able to have my fees cut down, but I never able to reach that level and the fees keep killing me. That's reason for me to search for other sites to sell my comic books. This place is what my brother loves buying and suggest to me to try it. So far, I like what CCL has offer and moonknight1 has recommended me to introduce myself to the seller's corner. Here I am.

Let me explain to you what's "Aslpride" stands for. ASL stands for American Sign Language. Yes, I am deaf and I am not ashamed to use ASL as my primary language. English is my secondary language. Not able to hear doesn't stop me from enjoy reading comic books and do business with comic books as well.

I have started adding items in my store and more to come. It's just a start and you are welcome to check it out. If you have some feedback then feel free to share it with me. I want to let you know that packing comic books for shipping is my pride as I always ensure the comic books are secured in crazy delivery. We can agree that we experience package arrive our place beyond recognization and amazing how they did to it. "Do Not Bend" doesn't do anything good with shippers, but I have ensured to protect the comic books especially with corners. Often I would receive a package with less protection on corners and the bang on edge does damage comic books' corners. It does frustrate me. I have learned from my experience and make sure the comic books will arrive your place safe except in rare circumstance the package actually run over by a vehicle. (It happened)

You may check my eBay ID: kntelitecollectibles for my previous positive feedback and you will notice that many of them impressed with my packing skills.

Thank you for check my thread and looking forward to meeting new people in this forum.

- Kevin
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, August 04, 2020 4:26:45 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Kevin,

You are Amazing!

Great story and thanks for the shout out. You have already proven your worth to the CCL Community by the CR's that you have put in. I'm sure that you will be a great member of the family! Big Hug

Welcome in! Applause

Howie's Saying of the Week

People are people so why should it be, you and I should get along so awfully? Help me understand - Depeche Mode

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
pottersan
Wednesday, August 05, 2020 1:00:23 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Welcome aboard!

Happy selling!

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Seller.aspx?id=f3cb16b2-8046-415d-bdee-ac19da48a6c2
MoonKnight1
Monday, August 31, 2020 3:50:57 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Congratulations on your first Hero Rating, Kevin!

I am sure that this is the first of many to come! Applause

Howie's Saying of the Week

People are people so why should it be, you and I should get along so awfully? Help me understand - Depeche Mode

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations