Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Website/Live Market » Website Not Secure
BlueMoon
Tuesday, November 03, 2020 11:00:25 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Is anybody else concerned that the website is not secure?
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, November 03, 2020 12:16:11 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Yes, absolutely. I don't even know why it is not secure because I don't seem to have any problems associated with using the site but I'm sure it causes concern for potential users.

Howie's Saying of the Week

Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe - Frederick Douglass

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
Thundercron
Tuesday, November 03, 2020 3:50:51 PM
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Yes, absolutely. I don't even know why it is not secure because I don't seem to have any problems associated with using the site but I'm sure it causes concern for potential users.

Agreed. Even if the site is secure, whatever technical thing is tripping the system to make it seemed unsecured should be fixed. It's probably dissuading a lot of people from using this website.
AlacrityFitzhugh
Monday, November 09, 2020 3:11:23 PM
Groups: Member
Yah, seems the site has no certificate, HTTP only, not HTTPS. I wouldn't give CCL any personal information at all (e.g., credit card numbers), as the information transferred would not be encrypted. Definitely a BAD BAD thing for an eCommerce site. Angry

-- Alacrity

Thundercron
Monday, November 09, 2020 3:34:02 PM
Shop at My Store
AlacrityFitzhugh wrote:
Yah, seems the site has no certificate, HTTP only, not HTTPS. I wouldn't give CCL any personal information at all (e.g., credit card numbers), as the information transferred would not be encrypted. Definitely a BAD BAD thing for an eCommerce site. Angry

Does anyone know what would be preventing CCL from getting that HTTPS certificate to ensure encryption? Is it a cost thing, or a lazy thing?
AlacrityFitzhugh
Monday, November 16, 2020 11:09:02 PM
Properly signed and trusted certificates to cost a little bit of money, but not much. Looks like a decision on their part, though; if the site had a trusted certificate and it expired, I think it'd show a different error.

The shopping cart/checkout doesn't even redirect to a secure site (so far as I can tell without actually making a purchase). I wouldn't buy anything through CCL until that's fixed. Just asking for trouble. Let's hope one of the staff sees this thread and explains why CCL has no HTTPS certificate.

-- Alacrity

synn90
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 9:38:58 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
The checkout process is handled by paypal and is secure. There are secure pages when it comes to inputting your credit card info for subscriptions and setting up a store though. Just the main browsing parts of the site aren't secure.

Edit... all parts of the site where you input card #'s or personal information is secure.
Check out these great stores!:
Alpha Comics
HeroLand Comics
Thundercron
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:11:42 AM
Shop at My Store
The site did once have a secured certificate. When I first saw the alerts some years ago, it said the site had an expired certificate.

And as was mentioned, all payment pages are still secure, as well as PayPal redirects.
Joe
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 12:16:55 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member
The payment processing and login are secure. So we have some secure pages, and some that are not secure. Most of the information pages are not secure, but the important ones are.

This is something we are working on as it slows down our google indexing, and most websites now secure all pages. We are working on a very large upgrade to the site, and building in the ability to secure all pages.

Also, the avatars that people use are not hosted with us, and we are working on that as well, so that all graphics can be secure as well. We are about 95% finished with the update. It is a very large update, and entails new search engine, new inventory management, and the ability to track your collection online.

JB

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 12:27:28 PM
Shop at My Store
Applause Applause Applause

Thanks for the information, Joe! I am absolutely stoked to hear that! Can't wait. Daydreaming

Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe - Frederick Douglass

Doomsday2020
Saturday, November 21, 2020 3:14:51 PM
I will delay my first purchase, when the website is secure, even if the payment page is secure, I am just more comfortable with a green lock from page to page, the only downside is the old comics I want could go up in value again.
MoonKnight1
Saturday, November 21, 2020 3:24:51 PM
Shop at My Store
Doomsday2020 wrote:
the only downside is the old comics I want could go up in value again.

Downside for you maybe. Devil

Thundercron
Saturday, November 21, 2020 5:46:21 PM
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Doomsday2020 wrote:
the only downside is the old comics I want could go up in value again.

Downside for you maybe. Devil

There is a way to circumvent processing through the CCL website. Simply choose "Money Order/Check" option at checkout, then have the seller send you a payment request via PayPal independent of the CCL website. This way CCL still gets their 5% too, so everyone is happy.