Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Seller's Corner » Added a few more sets........
4saken1
Sunday, April 25, 2021 5:51:35 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Okay, okay, relax! This isn't happening for a few years yet.

As some of you may know, I am not only a seller here at CCL, but am also an avid comic book reader. My lunch and breaks at work give me time to waste, which I like to spend reading comics. I will, however, be retiring at the end of 2027, wherein I will be spending most of my time doing other hobbies, like gardening, running, watching movies, traveling, and learning more about computer programming. I might pick up a comic every now and then, but to tell the truth I always have something else to do when I am at home and never seem to have the time or inclination to read comics there.

To that end, beginning today, I will be selling off my entire personal collection in a somewhat alphabetical order after first rereading them. Upon my retirement, I will likely list whatever lots that I still have on e-Bay and try to find a single buyer for the remainder of my inventory.

Without further ado, here are the first few additions from my personal collection which are now available to purchase at ComicVortex:

300 - The Frank Miller masterpiece which inspired the movie of the same name. While not 100% historically accurate, this series depicts how King Leonidas led 300 Spartans in battle against a massively superior number of Persians.

4 Kids Walk Into a Bank - Four childhood friends devise a plan to rob a bank in an effort to keep one of the friends' father from committing the same crime with some of his inept associates who were recently released from prison.

The Alcoholic - An autobiographical graphic novel recounting the early life of author Jonathan Ames which depict his struggles with drug and alcohol addiction as he grapples with his sexual identity.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
4saken1
Thursday, May 20, 2021 10:48:15 AM
Shop at My Store
Small update: Today I added Absolution and Absolution: Rubicon from Avatar Press. It is the story of a disillusioned city police officer with superpowers who decides to take on crime in his neighborhood by going on a murderous rampage against it's perpetrators.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
4saken1
Thursday, May 27, 2021 10:07:20 PM
Shop at My Store
This week from my private stash, I added Alex + Ada. Set in the near future, t is the story of Alex, who receives a lifelike android companion (Ada) as a gift from his grandmother in order to cheer him up months after his ex-girlfriend broke-up with him. Finding Ada lacking in personality, Alex seeks ways to make her seem more life like.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

4saken1
Thursday, June 03, 2021 10:52:39 AM
Shop at My Store
Hey, everyone!

I'll be going on vacation this weekend and just wanted to give everyone a chance to place orders before I do so. The store will be put on 'Vacation Mode' starting tomorrow at 6 PM PST. I will be gone for a little under 2 weeks.

Have a nice weekend!

Jeff
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

MoonKnight1
Thursday, June 03, 2021 10:59:19 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Have fun, Jeff!

You deserve it my friend! Applause

Howie's Quote of the Week

You better watch what you say, You better watch what you do to me, Don't get carried away - Tom Petty

My eBay Store Hall Liquidations
4saken1
Friday, June 04, 2021 10:49:11 AM
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Have fun, Jeff!

You deserve it my friend! Applause

Thanks, Howie!
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

4saken1
Thursday, June 17, 2021 12:09:57 PM
Shop at My Store
We'Re BaAaCk!
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

4saken1
Friday, July 02, 2021 10:14:13 AM
Shop at My Store
Just got done adding a couple of sets that I enjoyed:

All Star Superman - Masterfully told by Grant Morrison and drawn by Frank Quitely, this series happens outside DC continuity and chronicles the end of life of an alternate Superman as he performs 12 final feats that he was tasked to complete by visitors from the future.

American Carnage - In this Vertigo title written by Bryan Hill, a disgraced, white passing, mixed race, former FBI agent gets a chance at redemption by infiltrating a the ranks of a white nationalist Senate candidate who is suspected in the murder of an FBI agent.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

4saken1
Sunday, July 25, 2021 4:56:20 PM
Shop at My Store
Added a few more series' from my private collection today.

First up: American Way and the follow-up Those Above and Those Below by screenwriter John Ridley. These two miniseries tell the story of a team of superheroes in the early 60s (early 70s for the sequel) recruited by the government to combat manufactured crises in an effort to pacify public fears during the Cold War. Introducing an African American hero during the Civil Rights movement inflames conflict within the group as a few Southern racists on the team take exception to their new teammate. The sequel happens about a decade after the first series.

Also added are some Batman Elseworlds and crossovers, including Batman/Grendel (1993), Batman/Grendel (1996), Batman/Hellboy/Starman. Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman, and Batman: Book of the Dead.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

4saken1
Sunday, August 01, 2021 2:01:34 PM
Shop at My Store
A couple more from my private collection today:

Batman: Three Jokers - Compelled by near simultaneous Joker sightings by Batman and his allies in different parts of Gotham, Batman investigates the possibility that there may, in fact, be more than one Joker.

Black Science - In the hopes of advancing medical discoveries, Grant McKay and his team of scientists discover a way to transport themselves to alternate universes where such medical advancements might have already been achieved. Various mishaps, however, cause the Grant, his family, and team to become lost and separated in the Eververse. This series follows Grant in his quest to reunite his family and return home, all while trying to not destroy reality as they know it.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

4saken1
Sunday, August 15, 2021 2:47:47 PM
Shop at My Store
Here are a few more sets that I added yesterday:

Batman: Haunted Gotham - In this Elseworlds miniseries, Batman tries to save the souls of his parents from being devoured by demons after their murder.

Big Man Plans - In this violent revenge fantasy, Eric Powell tells the tale of a little person, trained trained at the art of war, who seeks retribution for the death of his secret love.

Billy the Kid's Old Timey Oddities - Another grisly tale by Eric Powell. After being discovered by a carny of faking his own death, William Bonney (aka Billy the Kid) is coerced into helping find some missing friends of the carny that had recently disappeared under mysterious circumstances. Their search takes them to Darmstadt, a town in Germany overlooked by Frankenstein's Castle.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

4saken1
Monday, August 23, 2021 11:57:38 AM
Shop at My Store
More today:

Batman: Last Knight on Earth - One of my favorite series from the DC Black Label line so far. Batman wakes in a dystopian future where everybody's minds are being controlled by an enigmatic tyrant. A handful of Batman allies have thus far resisted the effects, but time is running out, as the villain prepares to unleash a more powerful weapon that will enthrall even those few hold-outs that have thus far resisted the effects. Batman and his new sidekick, a disembodied Joker head, must find a way to stop this from happening before it is too late.

Batman: Manbat - When an eco-terrorist steals a dangerous compound from a biological lab and ends up missing, Batman is called in to find her and retrieve the stolen bio-weapon. Unbeknownst to him, she is being held captive by a family of human/bat hybrids. The patriarch, Man-Bat, is set on releasing his own biological weapon into the world.

Black Monday Murders - A police officer is called back from his suspension to solve the mysterious murder of a powerful financial executive. In the course of his investigation, he uncovers a secret cabal of wealthy individuals who have been manipulating markets for generations and worship Mammon, the incarnation of money and power. A must read for fans of Jonathan Hickman!
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

4saken1
Sunday, October 17, 2021 4:38:27 PM
Shop at My Store
Got some more goodies listed. Have a look:

Batman: The Dark Prince Charming - In this hardcover duology, Bruce Wayne is confronted by a woman that claims that he is the father of her young daughter and seeks to gain millions of dollars in child support. When the woman is hospitalized after the Joker crashes into her car and kidnaps the child, Batman sets out to find her and bring the Joker to justice. Written and beautifully illustrated by Enrico Marini, this pair is a must for any Batman fans.

Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham - In this Lovecraftian Elseworlds tale penned by Mike Mignola, Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham from a 20 year self-imposed exile following the murder of his parents. Unbeknownst to him, he brought back an ancient evil with him. As Batman, he must face a myriad of foes brought forth by this otherworldly being, many of which include some of the Dark Knight's rogues gallery re-imagined as their 1920s horror counterparts.

Batman: Year 100 - Set in a dystopian police state set 100 years after the introduction of Batman in Detective Comics #27, police hunt for a mysterious figure who was framed for the murder of a federal agent. Detective James Gordon quickly reaches the conclusion that the elusive fugitive they seek is none other than the Batman, long thought to be modern folklore. In order to clear his name and find the real culprits, Batman and Gordon must team up in this futuristic Elseworlds series.

Black Summer - After a former member of the defunct supergroup The Seven Guns assassinates the President and Vice President of the United States, the government sets out to exterminate the entire group as possible national security risks. This series follows the team members as they reunite in order to better defend themselves against the coming attacks and try to figure out how to bring their wayward former teammate to justice (if they even CAN). Written by Warren Ellis and illustrated by Juan Jose Ryp.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping