Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Seller's Corner » State of the Hall Address - July 2021 Edition

State of the Hall Address - July 2021 Edition

MoonKnight1
Friday, July 02, 2021 2:38:44 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Oh man, welcome to July!

It has started out scorching hot. Not just the weather, but everything comics as well! Shout out to all of my friends in the West, specifically the Pacific Northwest. Y'all stay safe and hopefully there will be a break in that massive heat wave soon if it hasn't already happened.

So has anybody been watching Loki on Disney+? What an amazingly outstanding show that is! It has been totally blowing my mind. All of those have been great so far and I can't wait for the rest when they get released. Moon Knight in particular in case you hadn't guessed that already. Don't Tell Anyone

I have been so busy pulling and packing orders that it has left me little time to actually list new books. Yeah I know, sucks to be you Howie! Crying I am close to getting the newest box up. And it's actually going to be more like a box and a half when all is said and done. This is my Atlas-Seaboard collection and these are the titles:

Barbarians
Blazing Battle Tales
The Brute
Cougar
Demon Hunter
Destructor
Fright
Grim Ghost
Hands of the Dragon
Iron Jaw
Morlock 2001
Phoenix
Planet of Vampires
Police Action
Savage Combat Tales
Scorpion
Tales of Evil
Targitt
Tigerman
Weird Suspense
Western Action
Wulf

So far most of them are going to have either a Very Good or a Fine in their grade, sometimes both, but there are a few either better or worse. There are complete runs of most of them and pricing will be reasonable. At this point I think they should be live by the end of next week and hopefully a little earlier. It is a four day week for me what with the 4th of July holiday and all that!

On a business note I have some news. Sadly, PayPal has raised their per-transaction fee to fifty cents. That is tacked on to their regular fee and the Final Value Fee for whatever platform you are using. I really hate to do this but don't have much of a choice. Starting next week I will be changing my Shipping Rates slightly. I apologize that I am forced to do this but it doesn't make sense fiscally to continue with the rates I have considering the fees that are being imposed. I'm also sorry that I have to bring up business matters but I wanted to be up front with you all and explain why I have to do it. Thank you for understanding.

NEW SHIPPING OPTION - Orders of $3.00 and less - $4.50

UPDATED SHIPPING OPTION - Orders of $3.01 or more - $3.25

These will take effect next week.

I wish for everyone to have a happy, safe and healthy holiday weekend! Dancing Party Big Hug Winking Angel

Long Boxes Listed: 16

Goal: 32

Number of Boxes Needed To Reach Goal: 16

Hall of Heroes Store Policies

NEWFree S&H for orders of $27.50 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International orders

ALL Comics come bagged and boarded - Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM.

Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM.

ALL orders come with tracking or customs form number information - Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.

Grading - I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.

Fast Shipping Promise - All orders will ship no later than the next business day or you receive a free comic of my choice. Friday orders will ship no later than Monday. Sometimes I am able to ship on Saturday but not always. If your order is in before 3PM it will usually ship same day.

International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.

Combine With eBay - If you want to buy something from here and my eBay store then I will combine shipping. Not only that, but my Free Shipping option of $25 or up will count toward the combined total between the stores. So if you buy $15 here and $10 there I will ship together for free! Please make sure you send me a PM (Personal Message) here to alert me that you have ordered from both platforms. Please do not contact me on eBay for this offer as I'm sure they would probably frown upon it.

If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.

I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.

I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.

Howie's Quote of the Week

Retreat, hell! We just got here! - Captain Lloyd W. Williams USMC

My eBay Store Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, July 07, 2021 8:08:25 PM
Shop at My Store
Awesome!

Got the Atlas-Seaboard comics graded. Should be fairly easy to price and list so I hope they will be up tomorrow. Once they go live I will easily have more than double of these available for sale than everyone else on CCL combined. Don't Tell Anyone

We are looking at Tropical Storm Elsa hitting us tomorrow and hopefully power will stay on and I can finish up. Stay tuned. Nailbiting

Everyone else in the path of this storm - I am hoping you all stay safe and get through it OK. Looks like it's not quite as bad as it could be but caution is best in this circumstance.

See ya on the flip side! Dancing

MoonKnight1
Monday, July 12, 2021 4:05:34 PM
Shop at My Store
We are Live on the Atlas-Seaboard Collection!!! Dancing Party

Took me around two weeks to grade-price-list this batch but I definitely think it was worth it. I now have in excess of 300 comics from that line which is easily more than everyone else here combined. And it's not even close! If you want any of these you are going to have fun shopping for them at Hall of Heroes!

Everything is easy to find in my handy dandy Atlas Store Shelf. I have almost a complete run of every title they published, minus the B&W mags that is. Also don't have Vicki which was their stab at the Archie genre. Those are tough to come by.

Have fun browsing! Big Grin

Next up is a box of hole fillers for your collection. Nothing too exciting, pretty much a random general mix of 80's - 2000's Marvel and DC. It was just the first box that I picked up and since it took me so long to list the last box and a half I figured I would do something that wouldn't take as long. I should have this up by the end of the week and possibly earlier. Daydreaming

The sexiest part of this batch is a couple dozen of the EC Comics reprint books and also a number of Prestige Format books if you like that kind of thing. I know I do! Tongue Doesn't appear to be many Key Issues in this which I know a lot of you are fishing for! Maybe next time. Cool

It's possible I could post some of the highlights when they go to Market. Think

Has anyone seen Black Widow yet? I was all set to watch it last week until I discovered that even though I already have Disney+ they wanted to extort more cash from me. Crying So looks like I will have to wait the 3-4 weeks until it is available for regular subscribers. If I can wait that long. Broken Heart

Anyway, if someone dares trying to spoil it for me I will personally show up at your house, rap stridently on your front door and when you answer I will bequeath unto you a very stern look! Angry You have been warned.

Alright, now that that is said and done I hope that you all can find some relief to the heat. It is sweltering here. Hoping for some Rain

MoonKnight1
Monday, July 19, 2021 2:11:49 PM
Shop at My Store
Ooh! Forgot this part!

Long Boxes Listed: 17

Number of Boxes Needed To Reach Goal: 15

Working on another box right now, should be ready by the end of the week. Daydreaming This is another Collection Filler type box. Nothing too exciting unfortunately. Right now I am in the middle of doing a huge reorganization, consolidation and tidyfication if that's a word. So things are in a bit of a state of flux right now and it is orderly chaos. Which means that I am just grabbing the top box and listing it. Batting Eyelashes

I will come up with a more comprehensive plan once things get sorted better.

Speaking of that...I am now finished consolidating comics beginning with "J" in my active inventory! Dancing Almost halfway through and the more I sell the easier it gets to merge what remains. I am going to do my best to finish up by the end of next month, August. I have been finding and fixing irregularities but might have missed some as I haven't been doing a comprehensive inventory review. That would take an extremely long amount of time. But having this done will make it easier to do spot checks from time to time so it's all good.

I hope that you are all enjoying the Summer! Kind of waiting for Fall myself but making do as best as I can!

Have fun!

MoonKnight1
Monday, July 26, 2021 2:17:26 PM
Shop at My Store
It's up! Dancing

Mostly hole filler type stuff but a few highlights:

Demon Annual #2 - first appearance of Hitman
couple dozen Knights of the Dinner Table
numerous Phoenix Resurrection plus the Flip Books
PR: Aftermath
PR: Genesis
PR: Revelatios
Mantra 2
Siren 2
Ultraforce 2
couple dozen Spirit from Dark Horse
bunch of Tarzan also from Dark Horse
finally many Terminator books from Dark Horse

You can always look at Newly Listed comics in my store (and everyone else's for that matter) using the drop down menu on the left.

I am going to focus on eBay this week as I have been neglecting it recently. Comics are such a huge hit that I have been focusing most of my energy here and I will get back to it soon. The Toy Season (i.e. Christmas) is going to be here faster than we know it and I want to be ready on that front!

I have a couple of good boxes lined up and will be working on them a bit during this week so that next Monday I will be primed and ready to go!

Thank you all so much for being the most fantastic customers a guy can hope for!

Be talking to ya! Wave

Long Boxes Listed: 18

Number of Boxes Needed To Reach Goal: 14