Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Seller's Corner » State of the Hall Address - September 2021 Edition

State of the Hall Address - September 2021 Edition

MoonKnight1
Thursday, September 02, 2021 4:37:42 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Hello Fall, Goodbye Summer! Welcome to September!

Here in the Hall things are going swell! I am pumped up about everything comics related coming out now and on the horizon. We are blessed with an abundance of TV shows and movies about our favorite comic characters, and even some that you didn't know were a favorite such as Polka Dot Man!, that it is embarrassingly pleasing! Drooling

The Disney show What If? has been incredible and they have so many coming up like Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Loki season 2 - Shang Chi is about to make his MCU debut, Black Widow is rocking her solo flick. I even hear that some of the Netflix characters will make the jump to the Canon Continuity.

Even DC has been getting better, thanks to James Gunn and his The Suicide Squad rescue mission. Applause

Oh, by the way - I was #2 Seller last month! Dancing Thank you very much to all of my awesome, loyal customers! Big Hug I will keep doing my utmost to offer you the best quality comics at reasonable prices and meticulously graded at that. I am always listing new books, usually 2-3 long boxes every month, so keep checking out my newly listed items. You can easily see what I just added by going to the Menu on the left hand side that says Everything For Sale. Click the down arrow and hit the link to Newly Listed (Past 7 Days) then click on the blue Go button and there you have it!

The next box up is mostly 80's and 90's Marvel which I seem to have a lot of Big Grin and you all seem to like picking up Applause so that's what I am trending towards. More info later. There are a few Keys and a lot of Hole Fillers for your collections.

The end is near! I have finished merging my Inventory through the letter T. Only 6 letters left and the hardest one will be "X". Only about 12-14 boxes remaining and then the bulk of my For Sale Inventory will be in order. I have been doing some sopt checking here and there and have discovered and fixed some anomalies. Probably missed a few. This will make it easier to pull orders and also find any errors. Should be done soon. Daydreaming

Looks like I will fall short of my goal but that's OK. I will try to get as close as possible. Couldn't quite get there because I take a lot of time making sure that I get things right and I won't sacrifice quality for the sake of quantity.

Have fun everyone! See ya on the flip side! Clown

Long Boxes Listed: 20

Goal: 32

Number of Boxes Needed To Reach Goal: 12

Hall of Heroes Store Policies

NEWFree S&H for orders of $27.50 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International orders

ALL Comics come bagged and boarded - Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM.

Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM.

ALL orders come with tracking or customs form number information - Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.

Grading - I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.

Fast Shipping Promise - All orders will ship no later than the next business day or you receive a free comic of my choice. Friday orders will ship no later than Monday. Sometimes I am able to ship on Saturday but not always. If your order is in before 3PM it will usually ship same day.

International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.

Combine With eBay - If you want to buy something from here and my eBay store then I will combine shipping. Not only that, but my Free Shipping option of $25 or up will count toward the combined total between the stores. So if you buy $15 here and $10 there I will ship together for free! Please make sure you send me a PM (Personal Message) here to alert me that you have ordered from both platforms. Please do not contact me on eBay for this offer as I'm sure they would probably frown upon it.

If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.

I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.

I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.

Howie's Quote of the Week

You better watch what you say, You better watch what you do to me, Don't get carried away - Tom Petty

My eBay Store Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, September 07, 2021 2:05:25 PM
Shop at My Store
Coming soon!

Cool Don't Tell Anyone

And Many More!!!!Dancing On the Phone

You better watch what you say, You better watch what you do to me, Don't get carried away - Tom Petty

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, September 08, 2021 5:19:05 PM
Shop at My Store
I have done the grading on the latest box of goodies. Hooray! Dancing

Next thing is pricing and then listing them which will probably be finished by Monday. Daydreaming We are going out of town on a short road trip on Friday and then there is College Football on Saturday and the National Football League on Sunday so tomorrow is my last work day of the week.

The box is all Marvel from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's (and some from the 70's!). Here are the titles that I have sizeable chunks of:

Daredevil (1998)
Doctor Strange (1974)
Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme
Fantastic Four (1961)
Gambit (1999)
Gambit (2004)
Generation X (1994)
Guardians of the Galaxy (1990)

More details to come.

Have a nice weekend!

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, September 15, 2021 12:06:05 PM
Shop at My Store
The new box is up!

See above for details,

Next up is a long box of Avengers from the 70's through the 90's! Also have a short box of Gold/Silver Age goodies that I am working on. Those take a while because I tend to spend more time grading them than more modern books. I'll try to have them up by the end of the month.

Long Boxes Listed: 21

Number of Boxes Needed To Reach Goal: 11

Here is how to check my store (and everyone else's for that matter) for Newly Listed comics.

There is a box on the top left side of the Home Page for whichever store you are on that has 4 fields. The top field is blank and has a blue button marked "GO". Below that is a bar saying "Comic Book". Below that a bar will show you which store you are on. The default setting on the fourth box is "Everything For Sale". Click the down button and a number of options will show up. Select "Newly Listed (Past 7 Days)" and you will see everything listed by that store in the past week.

Happy Hunting!!!!Dancing Applause

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, September 22, 2021 5:09:34 PM
Shop at My Store
Next box is coming soon! I will try to have it up by Friday but it could be a few days after that depending on how Real Life affects me. There's always something going on! Boo Hoo!

This one is 90% Avengers. Starting from issue #149 and going to #365 - not all of them but a whole lot. Some multiple copies but mostly one and done. The condition of the books are average to slightly above average for the most part so FN/VF range. Some better, some worse but most right there. There are a bunch of keys, I'll try to get some pics up of the better ones.

Also putting up a few more Wizard Magazines from a while ago if anyone is interested.

Take care, looking forward to the weekend!!! Dancing Party

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:43:42 PM
Shop at My Store
Fantastic news!

Not only did I send another long box to the Live Market I also finished merging my Inventory!

The box was 95% Avengers from the 80's to the 2000's and ended up being about 250 comics. Several Key Issues and tons of collection filler type stuff.

The other news is that I have finished merging my Inventory into one continuous A-Z 1-100 order. Ended up with 110 boxes. Also, while merging them, I listed more comics and they are now in order as well - 9 boxes worth. Whew!

This will make it easier to pull orders since everything is together and it will be simpler to discover inventory issues which unfortunately it looks like I have. Took care of as many as I could find during this process but I am pretty sure I didn't catch all of the irregularities. Having a 34K+ inventory for sale isn't always that easy. I do my best and thank you for understanding on the rare occasions when there is a problem.

Long Boxes Listed: 22

Number of Boxes Needed To Reach Goal: 10

Next up is more 80's/90's/00's filler stuff. I do have some Gold/Silver that I am working on and also a Box Of Obscurity with some weird stuff you ain't never heard of!

Happy Fall!