Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Seller's Corner » State of the Hall Address - August 2022 Edition

State of the Hall Address - August 2022 Edition

MoonKnight1
Sunday, July 31, 2022 5:03:33 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Hello all!

Here we are a little more than halfway through the Summer and things are getting.....interesting!

Just put another long box up which means that's 18 so far this year! Dancing I have two more locked, loaded and ready to go as soon as possible. That will be the second week of August for the first one and the last week for the second one. Reason for this is that I just bought a pallet of toys from Wal-Mart and I will be furiously listing them this month. Have to be prepared for the Holiday season!

Here's a few pics of what I got:

This is the box that was delivered:

Unboxed:

Cost a bit but as the saying goes, you can't make money without spending money. Should be a fun ride!

I am on track to hit 20 boxes of comics listed by the end of this month. In the four months after (SEP, OCT, NOV, DEC) I will endeavor to put up an additional 10 to make it an even 30 for the year, It will be a monumental task but one that I will tackle with gusto.

I do have unfortunate business news. The USPS has once again raised rates, in some cases by more than 9%. This means that for only the second time since Hall of Heroes has been in business - 12 years - I am forced to raise my S&H as well. Starting tomorrow Free Shipping will be $30. Orders of $3 or less will stay at $4.50 but orders of $3.01 or more will be going up to $3.60.

I hate having to do this but really have no choice. I want to stress that I do not make any money from shipping fees. In fact, I always spend more on shipping than I receive from orders placed. That's fine with me, I chalk it up as the cost of business. Also, I'm not complaining. Just wanted to be up front with you all. Thank you for understanding!

Anyway, now that the unpleasantness is over, I hope that you are all in good health and happy! Let's keep thinking positive thoughts and working towards making life better. Not just for you or me, but for everyone!

Hall of Heroes Store Policies

NEWFree S&H for orders of $27.50 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International orders

ALL Comics come bagged and boarded - Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM.

Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM.

ALL orders come with tracking or customs form number information - Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.

Grading - I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.

Fast Shipping Promise - All orders will ship no later than the next business day or you receive a free comic of my choice. Friday orders will ship no later than Monday. Sometimes I am able to ship on Saturday but not always. If your order is in before 3PM it will usually ship same day.

International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.

Combine With eBay - If you want to buy something from here and my eBay store then I will combine shipping. Not only that, but my Free Shipping option of $25 or up will count toward the combined total between the stores. So if you buy $15 here and $10 there I will ship together for free! Please make sure you send me a PM (Personal Message) here to alert me that you have ordered from both platforms. Please do not contact me on eBay for this offer as I'm sure they would probably frown upon it.

If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.

I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.

I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, August 09, 2022 9:52:43 AM
Shop at My Store
Alright! Box #19 is about to hit the shelves! It is organized, inputted and graded so all that's left is pricing and clicking the Send To Live Market button. I will try to get it done today but might not be able to. If that's the case then it will be Thursday because I am taking a road trip on Wednesday.

This box is Marvel Bronze heavy and also has a decent amount of Gold and Silver Age books. Also a bunch of X-Men minis and one-shots.

More info later.

Stay Cool! Cool Cool Cool

Oh, by the way, speaking of shelves. As of right now all of my comics listed for sale are in a Store Shelf (or sometimes 2). My Shelves are easy to navigate being mostly alphabetical and broken down into easier to browse chunks. Check out my Obscure Indy shelves to see some fantastic stuff you forgot you knew about and weird things that you never knew existed!

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

MoonKnight1
Saturday, August 13, 2022 10:30:33 AM
Shop at My Store
It's up! That's `9 long boxes listed so far this year. I have started Box #20 and it should be up by the end of next week.

This recent box is Bronze heavy, especially Marvel.

Jungle Action
Machine Man
Marvel Premiere (Dr. Strange and Iron Fist runs)
Marvel Spotlight
Marvel Tales
Marvel Team-Up
Power Man
Shogun Warriors
Super-Villain Team-Up
Tomb of Dracula
Weird Wonder Tales

A whole bunch of X-Men One Shots and Mini Series also. More Gold and Silver Age goodies!

More info on the next box as I get closer to listing it.

Have a nice weekend! Daydreaming

MoonKnight1
Sunday, August 14, 2022 4:56:31 PM
Shop at My Store
Might not be able to get Box #20 up this week. Looks like I could be working for Swagger a couple days. That is a TV show filming here and they have reached out to me about appearing in it. If that ends up happening it might be next week before the box is done.

Looking forward to being back on camera! Fingers crossed! Daydreaming

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, August 23, 2022 2:55:55 PM
Shop at My Store
Box 20 has gone live! Next one will be up by the end of the week!

MoonKnight1
Friday, August 26, 2022 2:47:01 PM
Shop at My Store
Surprise! You got it, Box #21 is up. Cool

There are 18 months left in the year and I will try to get 12 more boxes listed by January. That will be close to 3,000 comics!

Thank you very much to all of you returning to the Hall! Or stopping by for the first time! Big Hug

Thundercron
Friday, August 26, 2022 6:01:11 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:

There are 18 months left in the year and I will try to get 12 more boxes listed by January. That will be close to 3,000 comics!

Thank you very much to all of you returning to the Hall! Or stopping by for the first time! Big Hug

Eighteen months left in the year? Howie, you've been drowning in processing comics so much lately you've gone loco! Take a day off already! 🤣
MoonKnight1
Friday, August 26, 2022 7:15:18 PM
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Eighteen months left in the year? Howie, you've been drowning in processing comics so much lately you've gone loco! Take a day off already! 🤣

Feels like 2020 all over again....D'oh The year that never ended. Tongue