Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!
Last year was up and down for The Hall. I had both personal triumphs and tragedies. My Father passed suddenly in July and that's still pretty raw for me. Thank you to all who reached out to me during that time, it was much appreciated.
I also got a good spot on a new TV show - Swagger. As a lot of you know I do a bit of acting for television and movies and this was a nice pickup for me. Did a total of 7 shoots for season 2 coming soon on Apple+ and I'm hoping I get brought back for Season 3 this year!
The comic book selling business has been going up, down and sideways and I experienced all of that in 2022! Had a record month of sales followed immediately by a record drought, then back again. Very unpredictable. I heartily thank all of my fantastic, loyal customers for sticking with me!
We have had a great year for comics on the big, and small, screens with Marvel shows aplenty and DC is there too. This year is looking great with Ant-Man and the Wasp, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Marvels on one side and Aquaman, Shazam and Blue Beetle on the other! And that's just the movies. If you had told me 10 or 20 years ago that there would be so much content available I would not be able to see it all I would not have believed you but here we are. And I for one am loving it!
My girlfriend started a new job a couple months ago and that has caused us to alter our schedules somewhat since we share a car. Depending on what happens in January I might be going down to only shipping 2 or 3 times a week. This is so that I can be more efficient in listing things for sale which has sagged a bit from what I was doing. To be determined.
I am also planning on downsizing my warehouse space and condensing everything into half the area. This is obviously to save money but it will eliminate unused space. That will be happening in late Summer so I am preparing for it now.
I will be trying to add 2 boxes a month at least for the time being. I have close to 100 long boxes of unlisted inventory to choose from so no problem there! BTW - at this moment every comic for sale is in a Store Shelf to make it easier for your browsing pleasure!
Thank you again for all of your support! I was the #1 Seller of the Month until about December 29th when I slipped down to #3 but that still fantastic.
I wish everyone the best of luck in 2023 and have to say that I super appreciate all of you for shopping on CCL. Not just Hall of Heroes but all of the other great stores we have.
HowieHall of Heroes Store PoliciesNEWFree S&H for orders of $30.00 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International ordersALL Comics come bagged and boarded
- Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM. Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM. International orders too big to fit an envelope will be sent in a cardboard box.ALL orders come with tracking or customs form number information
- Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after
I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.Grading
- I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.Fast Shipping
- I attempt to ship every order the next business day and same day if possible. In general I do not ship on Saturdays.International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.Combine With eBay
- If you want to buy something from here and my eBay store
then I will combine shipping. Not only that, but my Free Shipping option of $30 or up will count toward the combined total between the stores. So if you buy $15 here and $15 there I will ship together for free! Please make sure you send me a PM (Personal Message) here to alert me that you have ordered from both platforms. Please do not contact me on eBay for this offer as I'm sure they would probably frown upon it.
If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.
I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.
I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.
"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)