Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Bone Reprint Thread Options
sgriffin
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:59:49 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

I've decided to try and straighten out the various Bone reprints, particularly the first fourteen Cartoon Books issues. Each of those issues was reprinted a number of times, usually with a different color logo. The trick is figuring out which color logo goes with which printing.

There's no definitive list of the various logo colors that I've been able to find. I can find lots of sites listing various issues for sale, but I don't know if I can trust that the image used matches the printing.

So - I figure there's enough people here that we should be able to put together a definitive list. What I'm asking is if you own or have access to any of the first twelve Cartoon Books issues, could you open them up and report back here the issue number, printing, and logo color.

Here's a list of the issues I know of so far, with my best guess as to the logo color based on the current listings in CCL. I'll mark (verified) next to the printing/color combinations which have been verified. As responses come in, I'll update the list. I'd like to at least verify the issues we have in the DB. I'll update the DB as issues are verified.

1-1 Red (verified)
1-2 Light Green (possibly verified)
1-3 Blue (possibly verified)
1-4 Yellow (possibly verified)
1-5 Orange (possibly verified)
1-6 Lavender (possibly verified)
1-7 Dark Green (verified)
1-8 Purple (verified)
1-9
1-10
Turquoise logo also exists

2-1 Pink w/ Dark Shadow(verified)
2-2 Pink w/ Light Shadow(verified)
2-3 Blue (verified)
2-4 Dark Orange (verified)
2-5 Purple (verified)
2-6 Orange (verified)
2-7 Yellow (verified)

3-1 Yellow w/ Green Phoney (verified)
3-2 Yellow w/ Blue Phoney
3-3 Blue
3-4 Yellow w/ Purple Phoney (verified)
3-5 Green
3-6 Red (verified)
3-7 Orange (verified)

4-1 Blue-Grey
4-2 Red
4-3 Blue
4-4 Purple
4-5 Yellow (verified)
4-6 Orange (verified)

5-1 Maroon
5-2 Blue
5-3 Yellow
5-4 Magenta
5-5 Lavender
5-6 Orange (verified)
5-7 Fuscia (verified)

6-1 Red w Blue Price (verified)
6-2
6-3 Lavender
6-4
6-5 Yellow (verified)
6-6 Red w Red Price (verified)

7-1 Dark Purple (verified)
7-2 Red
7-3 Yellow
7-4 Blue (verified)
7-5 Green (verified)

8-1 Blue (verified)
8-2 Red (verified but not yet entered)
8-3 Yellow
8-4 Orange (verified)
8-5 Purple (verified)
8-6 Green (verified)
Purple logos also exist

9-1 Yellow (verified)
9-2
9-3 Blue (verified)
9-4 Orange (verified)

10-1 Pink
10-2 Red (verified)
10-3 Orange (verified but not yet entered)

11-1 Lavender (verified)
11-2 Red (verified)

12-1 Orange (verified)
12-2 Blue (verified)
12-3 Red (verified)

13-1 Pink (verified)

14-1 Orange (verified)
14-2 Purple (verified_

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
DaLeah96
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 11:38:06 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

It may take a couple of days to find them, but I'll check out my copies and get back to you.

Check out our current Sale

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here.
sgriffin
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2008 11:59:11 PM

Thanks to Ghostal for providing verification on 8 books (two of which he'll be adding when he gets his scanner working). Anyone else got Bone reprints they could check?

scotteaves
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 11:09:00 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

BTW - here is the correct spelling for "Fuscia" (issue 5-7).

heck of an effort sgriffin. wish I could contribute.

DaLeah96
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 12:59:23 PM

Shop at My Store

Sorry about the delay griffin, I forgot about this over the holidays.
In any case,I have the following in posession and will be editing or adding to the database.

1-7 Dark Green (It's listed in the db as a blue)

2-6 Orange
3-6 Red
4-5 Yellow
5-6 Orange
6-1 Red
6-5 Yellow
7-1 Dark Purple
7-4 Blue
8-1 Blue
9-1 Yellow
9-3 Blue
10-2 Red
11-1 Lavender
11-2 Red
12-1 Orange

sgriffin
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 2:29:17 PM

Thanks Dale - I made the changes I could based on your list and look forward to the issue adds. Lemme know when they're in and I'll make sure they're sorted properly.

DaLeah96
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 3:11:04 PM

Shop at My Store

sgriffin wrote:
Thanks Dale - I made the changes I could based on your list and look forward to the issue adds. Lemme know when they're in and I'll make sure they're sorted properly.

Submitted variants in CR1
#2 6th print
#4 5th print
#5 6th print
#13.5 Gold variant
not approved yet

made edits in CR2
#8 1st printing Blue listed as A
#8 3rd printing Yellow listed as B
#10 1st printing Pink listed as A
#10 2nd Printing Red listed as B
all approved

vacantpassenger
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2009 7:45:02 PM

Groups: Member

I knew this topic was here.

The RED logo for #1 is the first print! That's a definite!

And I'm pretty sure of the following, but could be wrong, will verify soon:
The light green is 2nd print.
The blue is the 3rd print.

vacantpassenger
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 12:18:18 AM

Okay, got some verification regarding #1

2nd print = light green
3rd print = light blue
4th print = yellow
5th print = orange
6th print = light pink/fuscia
7th print = dark green
8th print = purple

sgriffin
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 10:18:04 AM

Thanks Vacant - any chance you could get some scans and get those missing prints submitted? I'll run through everything after work and update it.

vacantpassenger
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 10:48:41 AM

sgriffin wrote:
Thanks Vacant - any chance you could get some scans and get those missing prints submitted? I'll run through everything after work and update it.

I will try my best!

I'll start rearranging in things the DB.

comicscastle
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 10:58:09 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

I found scans for the first 8 prints of #1, but the logo for the 1st print looks more turquoise than it does red. The Red logo is the Wizard ACE edition. Below are the scans I found in order.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

vacantpassenger
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 12:35:31 PM

comicscastle wrote:
I found scans for the first 8 prints of #1, but the logo for the 1st print looks more turquoise than it does red. The Red logo is the Wizard ACE edition. Below are the scans I found in order.

Absolutely not. The first printing is red, without a doubt. I just added an actual scan of the book into the DB yesterday. The data we have right now on this issue is wrong.

This a big mistake to have in the db. Someone is going to list a third printing for this book, which is worthless, as a 1st printing for 1st printing money and someone is going to fall for it. I'm fixing this now.

comicscastle
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 12:57:27 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

vacantpassenger wrote:
comicscastle wrote:

Absolutely not. The first printing is red, without a doubt. I just added an actual scan of the book into the DB yesterday. The data we have right now on this issue is wrong.

This a big mistake to have in the db. Someone is going to list a third printing for this book, which is worthless, as a 1st printing for 1st printing money and someone is going to fall for it. I'm fixing this now.
I agree that we want correct information and I admit to knowing nothing about any of the prints other than what I found online. I only show 8 printings and I have pictured 8 scans (not counting the ACE). All eight are listed on ComicBase/Atomic Avenue as I show them here, and none have a red logo. Is it possible that the first print could have had a variant or that the color scanned wrong? Is there a 9th print? What prints are the ones I have pictured?

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.

vacantpassenger
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 1:17:28 PM

comicscastle wrote:
vacantpassenger wrote:
comicscastle wrote:

I agree that we want correct information and I admit to knowing nothing about any of the prints other than what I found online. I only show 8 printings and I have pictured 8 scans (not counting the ACE). All eight are listed on ComicBase/Atomic Avenue as I show them here, and none have a red logo. Is it possible that the first print could have had a variant or that the color scanned wrong? Is there a 9th print? What prints are the ones I have pictured?

I just wanna say thanks for the help, Pat. Please don't think I was trying to be rude. (When re-reading my post it may have come off that way)That's what I'm doing scouring the net right now. We will make this right once and for all! ONWARD!

Anywho...

Red logo #1 for sure is a first print. Now, the turquoise logo is shown by Wizard as a first print (but they also showed a regular Mouse Guard #1 to be the same as a comixpress #1 and they're not. Another big mistake there.) ComicbookDB aslso says the first print as the turquoise.

However, MileHigh lists and sells the turquoise logo as a 2nd print - but they list the purple 8th printing logo as a first. So, they have there heads up their butts and their info needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

According to the official Bone site - there were 13 printing of Bone #1 (which include the 10th anniversary, Aizard and Image editions). Which means that 12 will be listed under the Bone title here since the Image is listed seperately. But, they don't list the logo colors/printings.

I'm emailing them for more accurate information

comicscastle
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 1:24:59 PM

Shop at My Store

vacantpassenger wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
vacantpassenger wrote:
comicscastle wrote:

I just wanna say thanks for the help, Pat. Please don't think I was trying to be rude. (When re-reading my post it may have come off that way)That's what I'm doing scouring the net right now. We will make this right once and for all! ONWARD!

Anywho...

Red logo #1 for sure is a first print. Now, the turquoise logo is shown by Wizard as a first print (but they also showed a regular Mouse Guard #1 to be the same as a comixpress #1 and they're not. Another big mistake there.) ComicbookDB aslso says the first print as the turquoise.

However, MileHigh lists and sells the turquoise logo as a 2nd print - but they list the purple 8th printing logo as a first. So, they have there heads up their butts and their info needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

According to the official Bone site - there were 13 printing of Bone #1 (which include the 10th anniversary, Aizard and Image editions). Which means that 12 will be listed under the Bone title here since the Image is listed seperately. But, they don't list the logo colors/printings.

I'm emailing them for more accurate information
Well if you get the correct information at least I was able to get some scans to go with it.

sgriffin
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 6:30:14 PM

I added the two first print covers Pat found, and moved things around so the letter matches the printing, to make it easier to add the other printings as they show up. I also removed the pending notes on books that have been added since my last update. The only question was the turquoise logo issue 1 that some sites have listed as first print. Vacant hinted it might actually be the third printing, but called the logo blue, consistent with the blue logo cover Pat had listed third. So I stuck the turquoise logo in as 9th printing and put a work item note on it.

vacantpassenger
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 7:50:24 PM

As long as the Red is in the 1st printing place right now I'm okay, for now. I was rearranging them earlier when I realized that there are other color logos, and it mkes no sense to keep rearranging them, so I held off. I'll get back to you guys once I can get them all verified!

sgriffin
Posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 10:51:45 AM

Bump - just verified a couple printings from an ebay auction. Getting closer!

komohah
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:16:12 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I can verify that #2 7th printing is indeed yellowHappy