Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Discount code suggestion Options
Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 12:57:42 PM

Groups: Member

I was considering a method for sellers so that they could create their own discount code, e.g. LABOR10, that could be used when a buyer makes a purchase from their store. The buyer could apply the code to their cart to give them an automatic 10% off, as an example.

Here's how it would work.

On the sellers side, there would be a page we could use to set up the sale. This page would have a text field for the name of the code, a text field for the percentage to apply, and a check box next to it for active/inactive. There could also be an optional page that lets the seller choose which items in his/her inventory the promotion applies to (e.g. all marvels, or only books over $x). But that is optional and the default is to apply the code to the entire inventory.

On the buyers side, when he/she goes to checkout, perhaps on the same page they are asked to choose a shipping method, there is a text field where they can enter a promo code. Once the code is entered it would automatically recalculate the subtotal with the discount applied.

Just an idea. What does everyone else think?

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Spider-Man
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 1:03:39 PM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

I like it. It sounds like it would make it easy to give a discount.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

puyaybusto
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 1:26:22 PM

I second this idea. Would be so much more helpful then waiting for refunds and what not.

LadyJay
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 1:56:06 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

I really like this idea.

koolstuffguyscomics
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:19:47 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Sounds allot better then doing the Paypal refund shuffle. I vote YES!

Call Me

kilroy10145
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 8:49:47 PM

I don't mind giving the paypal refund, but I am sure my buyers would rather have it your way errant. I also vote yes.
bovard
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:19:49 PM

Shop at My Store

I like it.

dunleavy75
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:22:50 PM

Great idea!

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
Nanosplicer
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:50:22 PM

bovard
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 12:30:04 AM

Shop at My Store

Nanosplicer wrote:
Have the higher ups given any thought to this. I know I would buy so much more if this was implemented.

Not sure if any CCl staff have seen this idea, but, it's a really good one, and I would like to see it put in place.

Nanosplicer
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 12:33:07 AM

bovard wrote:
Nanosplicer wrote:
Have the higher ups given any thought to this. I know I would buy so much more if this was implemented.

Not sure if any CCl staff have seen this idea, but, it's a really good one, and I would like to see it put in place.

I PMed Steve and asked that it be brought up at the town hall conference.

Sirs
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 12:33:12 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Well I'll get somebodies attention for you at least one of them should respond.

You Gotta Go Here

If you can help with anything please check this out

Our Little Binga
MrMiracle
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:09:06 AM

Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

ErrantEntertainment wrote:
I was considering a method for sellers so that they could create their own discount code, e.g. LABOR10, that could be used when a buyer makes a purchase from their store. The buyer could apply the code to their cart to give them an automatic 10% off, as an example.

On the sellers side, there would be a page we could use to set up the sale. This page would have a text field for the name of the code, a text field for the percentage to apply, and a check box next to it for active/inactive. There could also be an optional page that lets the seller choose which items in his/her inventory the promotion applies to (e.g. all marvels, or only books over $x). But that is optional and the default is to apply the code to the entire inventory.

On the buyers side, when he/she goes to checkout, perhaps on the same page they are asked to choose a shipping method, there is a text field where they can enter a promo code. Once the code is entered it would automatically recalculate the subtotal with the discount applied.

Entirely possible if it does nothing to touch the client software and the discount were applied to the entire sale, but it would need an ok from Joe.

The idea of targeting individual items would cause at least a touch to the cart, send to paypal and return from paypal or a restructure of the sale data, all of which is possible, but not likely.

My reckoning is this would be about 30 hours, 50 if I went mercenary, since I'd have to guarantee to Joe that nothing would be effected, and he'd still have to ok the change.

Settle down beavis.

Rules - binary solo....
Sirs
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 11:36:27 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Thanks MrM

You Gotta Go Here

If you can help with anything please check this out

Our Little Binga
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 4:55:45 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Hell yeah. I just cleaned up on Mile High's BARGAINS code word.
If their antiquated piece of crap website can handle this a cutting edge product like CCL should be no problem.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
comicscastle
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 5:13:57 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
If their antiquated piece of crap website can handle this a cutting edge product like CCL should be no problem.
Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Nanosplicer
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 5:19:05 PM

comicscastle wrote:
Xylob wrote:
Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor

Do I sense a little....animosity.....

Jim
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 5:43:17 PM

MrMiracle wrote:
ErrantEntertainment wrote:

Entirely possible if it does nothing to touch the client software and the discount were applied to the entire sale, but it would need an ok from Joe.

The idea of targeting individual items would cause at least a touch to the cart, send to paypal and return from paypal or a restructure of the sale data, all of which is possible, but not likely.

My reckoning is this would be about 30 hours, 50 if I went mercenary, since I'd have to guarantee to Joe that nothing would be effected, and he'd still have to ok the change.

I think 30 hours is perfectly reasonable for this MM. Targeting individual items in a sellers inventory is understandably beyond that scope of that timeframe but I would be thrilled for a buyer to simply be able to apply a discount to the subtotal of their cart contents from my store in general. There are ways to work around not allowing that discount for certain items. But if done right, I think you can probably set up the framework for the discount feature to be further implimented at a later date, perhaps during the next dot build of the cs. Thanks for looking into it.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
ninjapirategear
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 6:19:00 PM

At the very least, saying, "This code word is only for X books," even if it works on all the books, is easier than saying, "Pay the full amount and I'll send you a rebate for some."

Quote:

Dude they don't even have a clear shipping policy. WTF they do this EVERY DAY, right??

Check out the Southern Maryland Comic-Con on July 7!
scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:37:42 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

ninjapirategear wrote:
At the very least, saying, "This code word is only for X books," even if it works on all the books, is easier than saying, "Pay the full amount and I'll send you a rebate for some."

Quote:

Dude they don't even have a clear shipping policy. WTF they do this EVERY DAY, right??

Nope, just the 13th Frinesday of the month that ends in q...

if it's raining...

and there will be an eclipse.