Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Recent Toy Finds Options
Shadowdodger
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:38:49 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2007
Posts: 2,646
Points: 7,938
Location: Worcester, MA
I've been really lucky the last few days in finding some figs I thought I'd have to wait a long time for. In the last week I've managed to pick up:

Transformers Generations Wheeljack (a second one to open)
Transformers Generations Warpath (x2)
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Shockwave
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Skyhammer

Marvel Universe Series 2 Ghost Rider
Marvel Universe Series 3 X-23

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:36:24 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Joined: 6/17/2007
Posts: 18,969
Points: 56,682
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
The last figs I bought were...

Marvel Universe: X-23
Marvel Universe: Sub Mariner (green undies)
Marvel Universe: Darkhawk

DC Universe: Atom (Indigo Lantern)
DC Universe: Flash (Blue Lantern)

I'm not really a Transformers fan but I like the classic looking ones. I think they are called GENERATIONS, right? We have Dirge and Thundercracker at work so I am thinking of picking them up soon. They just look to cool in robot form to pass up. I wish they did a classic Soundwave and Blaster. Classic Dinobots would be sweet too.



Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
Jim
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:47:44 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
Apparently there was a Generations Cosmos figure that goes for big bucks. I'd love to see the Dinobots done again too.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Shadowdodger
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:53:37 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2007
Posts: 2,646
Points: 7,938
Location: Worcester, MA
DrFate wrote:
The last figs I bought were...

Marvel Universe: X-23
Marvel Universe: Sub Mariner (green undies)
Marvel Universe: Darkhawk

DC Universe: Atom (Indigo Lantern)
DC Universe: Flash (Blue Lantern)

I'm not really a Transformers fan but I like the classic looking ones. I think they are called GENERATIONS, right? We have Dirge and Thundercracker at work so I am thinking of picking them up soon. They just look to cool in robot form to pass up. I wish they did a classic Soundwave and Blaster. Classic Dinobots would be sweet too.


I saw Sub-Mariner at Target today. I'd like to get a Darkhawk.
They have a Thrust figure out too to go with Dirge and Thundercracker. I'm tempted to get those too. They put out a Cybertronian Soundwave- he's based on the War for Cybertron video game design. the closest I've seen for Dinobots are the Transformers Animated ones. They have Grimlock, Swoop and Snarl.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
Shadowdodger
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:54:59 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2007
Posts: 2,646
Points: 7,938
Location: Worcester, MA
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
Apparently there was a Generations Cosmos figure that goes for big bucks. I'd love to see the Dinobots done again too.


Generations Cosmos, you say? That does sound vaguely familiar. I'm going to have to look into that.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
wickedcomics
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:57:25 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/14/2011
Posts: 1,433
Points: 18,941
I'd love to see McFarlane get his hands on the Marvel toy line. I have some of his older figures including the Movie Maniacs series and I loved the detail that went into each figure. I'm not so crazy about the current Marvel figures, I think they are cheaply made and the quality for what they charge isn't that great.

I'll be buying all of these

http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=509





Shadowdodger
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:09:59 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2007
Posts: 2,646
Points: 7,938
Location: Worcester, MA
McFarlane does put out a nice product. I used to have a $h!t-ton of Spawn figs back in the day. I like his twisted Wizard of Oz series. Those were awesome and disturbing at the same time.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:19:23 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,484
Points: 426,348
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Shadowdodger wrote:
McFarlane does put out a nice product. I used to have a $h!t-ton of Spawn figs back in the day. I like his twisted Wizard of Oz series. Those were awesome and disturbing at the same time.


I still do. Opened them and had them out for display. Now they are all individually bagged and in tubs. Anyone want to buy them? cheap?

And yes, those Oz ones were extremely awesome and disturbing. Mrs. Claus from the Twisted Christmas line was, um, really nice. Devil

Shadowdodger
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:45:36 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2007
Posts: 2,646
Points: 7,938
Location: Worcester, MA
scotteaves wrote:
Shadowdodger wrote:
McFarlane does put out a nice product. I used to have a $h!t-ton of Spawn figs back in the day. I like his twisted Wizard of Oz series. Those were awesome and disturbing at the same time.


I still do. Opened them and had them out for display. Now they are all individually bagged and in tubs. Anyone want to buy them? cheap?

And yes, those Oz ones were extremely awesome and disturbing. Mrs. Claus from the Twisted Christmas line was, um, really nice. Devil



There are some I wish I still had- the NitroRiders specifically. Those were cool.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
wickedcomics
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:27:05 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/14/2011
Posts: 1,433
Points: 18,941
I loved the Twisted Land of Oz. I had them all but my son broke them/lost all the accessories. I really like Dragons and have quite a few of the Dragon Series still sealed learning my lesson Broken Heart . Maybe i'll open them up when he gets a little older.

scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:44:40 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,484
Points: 426,348
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Recent find - Real Ghostbusters Minimates Series 2 (all 4 2-packs). Need to add them to the db yet...

Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:07:09 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/12/2007
Posts: 7,889
Points: 64,289
scotteaves wrote:
Shadowdodger wrote:
McFarlane does put out a nice product. I used to have a $h!t-ton of Spawn figs back in the day. I like his twisted Wizard of Oz series. Those were awesome and disturbing at the same time.


I still do...Anyone want to buy them? cheap?
Ditto. Mostly chase/variant figs, MISP. Seriously, anybody wanna buy 'em? You'll be my wife's hero.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Shadowdodger
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:26:31 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2007
Posts: 2,646
Points: 7,938
Location: Worcester, MA
wickedcomics wrote:
I loved the Twisted Land of Oz. I had them all but my son broke them/lost all the accessories. I really like Dragons and have quite a few of the Dragon Series still sealed learning my lesson Broken Heart . Maybe i'll open them up when he gets a little older.



I forgot about the Dragons Series. Those were beautiful. I never got any of those. I had stopped collecting McFarlane toys by the time these came out.

So far, so good; I have my son trained not to touch "daddy's robots."

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
fenix1977
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:07:56 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 3/16/2007
Posts: 6,637
Points: 22,345
Today at Target I snagged the following Marvel Universe figs:

Magneto
Absorbing Man
Steve Rogers: Captain America (Secret Avengers Uniform
Darkhawk
X-23 (I think it is the X-Force version)



Mad Bloggings

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:14:51 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/12/2007
Posts: 7,889
Points: 64,289
I'm on the hunt for Seekers - Skywarp, Thrust, Ramjet and Dirge.
Also hunting for Cobra Infantry... I need about 20!

Recently picked up 6 of the Cobra blue goons, a broken (dammit!) Beast Wars Transmutate fig, Thundercracker, a CoIE Qwardian Weaponer (want a second), and the DCUC Mightiest Mortals 2-pack.
my wish list for figs is almost as extensive as my wish list of comics... and it seems to grow faster than the comics list.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:56:07 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2007
Posts: 2,646
Points: 7,938
Location: Worcester, MA
Xylob wrote:
I'm on the hunt for Seekers - Skywarp, Thrust, Ramjet and Dirge.
Also hunting for Cobra Infantry... I need about 20!

Recently picked up 6 of the Cobra blue goons, a broken (dammit!) Beast Wars Transmutate fig, Thundercracker, a CoIE Qwardian Weaponer (want a second), and the DCUC Mightiest Mortals 2-pack.
my wish list for figs is almost as extensive as my wish list of comics... and it seems to grow faster than the comics list.


Are you looking for G1? My LCS has a decent collection of TF. I can check to see if they have'em.

The recent Generations line has Thrust and Thundercracker. You could always do a little kit-bashing for the rest.



Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:58:47 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2007
Posts: 2,646
Points: 7,938
Location: Worcester, MA
Xylob wrote:
I'm on the hunt for Seekers - Skywarp, Thrust, Ramjet and Dirge.
Also hunting for Cobra Infantry... I need about 20!

Recently picked up 6 of the Cobra blue goons, a broken (dammit!) Beast Wars Transmutate fig, Thundercracker, a CoIE Qwardian Weaponer (want a second), and the DCUC Mightiest Mortals 2-pack.
my wish list for figs is almost as extensive as my wish list of comics... and it seems to grow faster than the comics list.


You and me both, brother. And the new Transformers Prime line will be out in the next 2-3 months...Wall

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:54:09 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/12/2007
Posts: 7,889
Points: 64,289
Shadowdodger wrote:
...Are you looking for G1?...
re-issues or anything that look like the originals are A-OK with me - cheaper and easier to get too.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Shadowdodger
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2011 2:35:47 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2007
Posts: 2,646
Points: 7,938
Location: Worcester, MA
Picked up Marvel Universe Iceman today. Finally!

They had 2 Magnetos but the paint apps on the face looked all f'd up. They looked like the skin tone was rubbed off and you could see the plastic underneath. That's not how it's supposed to look is it?

They also had Absorbing Man. One looked like it could have been a variant. I don't really care for the character, but I should have picked it up. Anyone know if the put out a variant? If it's still there next time I'm there I may pick it up anyway.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"


Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
pottersan
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2011 5:38:37 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/28/2007
Posts: 4,460
Points: 44,242
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington
Shadowdodger wrote:
Picked up Marvel Universe Iceman today. Finally!

They had 2 Magnetos but the paint apps on the face looked all f'd up. They looked like the skin tone was rubbed off and you could see the plastic underneath. That's not how it's supposed to look is it?

They also had Absorbing Man. One looked like it could have been a variant. I don't really care for the character, but I should have picked it up. Anyone know if the put out a variant? If it's still there next time I'm there I may pick it up anyway.
Yes, there's a variant where he has completely absorbed concrete or something.

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!



Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.625 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241