Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What was the last concert you went to? Options
4saken1
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 12:52:37 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Mine was Blondie/Devo - Whip It to Shreds Tour about a month ago. First time seeing both. I love both of these bands. Devo was awesome! Blondie was a little off, though. I guess I forgot that they did a couple albums past when they should have quit. They did plenty of their early hits, but many of their later ones, too. In addition, they thought it would be a good idea to cover 'No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn'. It wasn't! Not complaining, though. It was a great show, but Blondie could have been better.....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 12:59:51 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I saw a few good ones this year:

Five Finger Death Punch, twice. And it was worth it to see them twice. They're one of those rare bands that actually sound better live than in the studio and have the stage energy to back the sound up. Soulfly (formerly Sepultura) opened up for them in the first show. I know they're a big metal band and all, but I just can't get into those guys.

I also saw the Aftershock Tour, which was Chevelle, Deftones, Stone Temple Pilots, and Bush along with a few other bands I hadn't heard of before. I was just there for those 4 headlining bands, and they all put on a helluva show. And the crowd was freaking HUGE! We were in Discover Park in Sacramento, CA and it was just a sea of people as far as you looked back. It reminded me of those old videos of Woodstock.

I also saw Iced Earth with Volbeat in Reno, NV. I was quite disappointed in Iced Earth, which was the main reason I went. Not that they played bad, they played quite well. But they only played 5 songs and opened up for Volbeat. Volbeat was just meh, for me. Not a big fan of their stuff. I voiced that opinion on Facebook, and Iced Earth's manager messaged me and told me to remind of this next time Iced Earth comes to our area (which he said Iced Earth is headlining their next tour) and I'll get V.I.P. tickets for free, so that's a pretty freaking sweet deal just for complaining online.

But the grand-daddy of them all, this year or any year was IRON FREAKING MAIDEN!!! Hell yes, they were freaking incredible. Masters at the metal trade. Bruce Dickinson was a shining example of what a metal frontman should be. He owned that stage and had the audience at his command. The stage show was awesome with set changes between songs, pyrotechnics, lazer effects, and a live on-stage Eddie! And they played as you would expect a band with the talent of Iron Maiden to play.

Iron Maiden was one of those kick the bucket list bands. Now I need to see Megadeth, Metallica, and KISS.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
fenix1977
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 6:52:37 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Rush -Montreal a couple of weeks ago. Epic. Three hours of EPIC!

Mad Bloggings

frozilla
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 7:00:43 PM

Groups: Member

I saw Tenacious D several months ago and haven't had the chance to go to another. However, I'm going to see Tomahawk this weekend.

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
The_Ghost
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 11:48:21 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Saw Depeche Mode: Tour of the Universe here in Phoenix in 2009. Since DM is having another world tour in 2013, I will be going to that one too. Hope to catch the show in Vegas and San Diego as well as Phoenix.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
mrhaddock
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:44:24 AM

R.E.M 2005 in Melbourne Australia
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:58:54 AM

system of a down 2005 in seattle. wasnt to bad.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Xylob
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:01:50 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Lita Ford, Poison, and Def Leppard.
It was a pretty damn good show.
Gonna try to see TSO when they're here next month.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
junkmonkey
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:19:31 PM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

I think the last concert I went to was Theory of a Deadman last spring. Good show at a pretty decent sized club.

barney
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:43:35 PM

Not sure if anybody on here knows who he is but I saw Popa Chubby a couple of weeks ago, he put on a great show. Gonna go see B.B. King in two weeks, positive that will be the best show I'll see all year.

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:30:54 PM

Saw RUSH last month then the Mayhem Festival this past summer headlined by Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax and MOTORHEAD!

RUSH was incredible, and so was Lemmy and Motorhead.

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:32:20 PM

fenix1977 wrote:
Rush -Montreal a couple of weeks ago. Epic. Three hours of EPIC!

Clockwork Angels tour has been a HUGE success, saw the second show of the tour last month. Great album too.

kidlippy
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 10:08:31 PM

Went to see Motley Crue/KISS at the end of August. Traveled over 8 hours to see them in Minnesota. One of the best concerts I've been to for awhile.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 10:03:03 AM

Weird Al Yankovic at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in 2003! Applause A good time was had!

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 12:14:31 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

kidlippy wrote:
Went to see Motley Crue/KISS at the end of August. Traveled over 8 hours to see them in Minnesota. One of the best concerts I've been to for awhile.

So jealous. I so want to see both of those bands. Especially KISS. I heard they have one of the best stage shows in rock, how was it?

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 5:33:15 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Video Games Live at the National Arts Center, Ottawa Ontario Canada

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
kidlippy
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 9:39:20 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
kidlippy wrote:

So jealous. I so want to see both of those bands. Especially KISS. I heard they have one of the best stage shows in rock, how was it?

It was the second time I've seen KISS. For 2 old farts in the line up, the band sure could kick some butt. Easily one of the best shows I had seen. And Motley Crue wasn't that bad either. Hard to believe Mars has that bone disease and is over 60. Tommy wasn't bad either.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

MER
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 5:53:26 PM

The last concert I went to (my first one) Radiohead in February of this past year. I still can't think of the proper words to express how I felt. I've waited 15 years to see their concert, and they didn't start coming down to my area until 2001 before I even owned a car or had friends to go with.

I wanted to fangirl out really BADLY at the concert I finally got a chance to go to, but I felt I needed to control myself in front of my bf (to prevent teasing). It got strange towards the middle of the concert b/c their stage was kind of rickety. I could see the top of the stage move loosely as their tv screens moved in 360 degree angles. I thought: "I hope it doesn't come down on the band in the middle of a concert. Wouldn't it be strange if the stage fall down? Probably wouldn't happen until half way through their tour."

If you didn't know by now their stage DID collapse. I'm still freaked out to this day that I called it. http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/16/world/americas/canada-stage-collapse/index.html

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"
Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:55:51 PM

Morrissey @ The Capital Theatre in Port Chester on January 19th! Effin' Awesome show, dude still rocks!

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:08:12 PM

Black Lola, Texas Hippie Coalition, and Clutch - it was freakin' awesome. First time I hit the pit in years and had a total blast. Didn't even break anything (of mine that is), though one of hte dudes I went with did manage to head butt me and punch me in the nose both within about 30 seconds. Spaz had no idea he even did it....

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?