Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
I know I know Options
RBC_Distribution
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:18:44 PM

Groups: Member

but i have to try...i know there was a hurricane and from what some very "smart" people have mentioned the hurricane area was where most of the ccl aprovers are from which i had no idea about btw, so im curious to know if i there is an approver available to look at some of my very few pending change request, 99% of them are correct and ready just need the click of the approval button, i usually deal with Scott and he an awesome guy and i know right now hes dealing with more important issues due to the hurricane, so im not gonna be bothering him on my cr's but if there is another approver available maybe from the west coast not directly impacted by the hurricane that can look at my cr's i would be very much appreciative and would offer some store credit for their effort...Don

My Why

padreglcc
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:45:30 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

I left a question for you in one of the 2 CRs I saw. The question applies to both of them, actually. I'm curious to know if the month is printed in or on the book anywhere. I ask because there seems to have been some questions regarding the publish date and I want to double check before I approve them. If the month isn't printed in or on the book, the date should be set to January of the year released. If it is printed in or on the book, please let me know. Thanks.

“We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." W. H. Auden

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 5:15:23 PM

padreglcc wrote:
I left a question for you in one of the 2 CRs I saw. The question applies to both of them, actually. I'm curious to know if the month is printed in or on the book anywhere. I ask because there seems to have been some questions regarding the publish date and I want to double check before I approve them. If the month isn't printed in or on the book, the date should be set to January of the year released. If it is printed in or on the book, please let me know. Thanks.

its the 2 from enemy transmission titles, neither of the 2 have publish dates in the indicia, they only show trademark dates from 2008-2012, both have released this year 2012

Wall

should I change the publish dates to unknown till i can get a solid date from the self publisher, then do a cr for publish dates to update then?
RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 5:32:16 PM

i set the publish dates to jan 2012 for both titles, ill be speaking with Michael Kuty to verify the publish dates and then ill do another cr to adjust the dates correctly, till then they are ready for approval , and the others are ready too, so im not sure what the problem heres is, aside from you guys not wanting to approve my cr's if thats the case i need to know so i can make a formal complaint to Steve or Joe, this system is suppose to work for all of us, and if your going to biased base on whatever reason ie i sell more books, you dont personally like me, whatever it is, its besides the point, bottom line the crs are done and they are correct according to the guide so theres no reason they shouldnt be approved, unless you think otherwise?

My Why

padreglcc
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 6:20:45 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

RBC_Distribution wrote:
i set the publish dates to jan 2012 for both titles, ill be speaking with Michael Kuty to verify the publish dates and then ill do another cr to adjust the dates correctly, till then they are ready for approval , and the others are ready too, so im not sure what the problem heres is, aside from you guys not wanting to approve my cr's if thats the case i need to know so i can make a formal complaint to Steve or Joe, this system is suppose to work for all of us, and if your going to biased base on whatever reason ie i sell more books, you dont personally like me, whatever it is, its besides the point, bottom line the crs are done and they are correct according to the guide so theres no reason they shouldnt be approved, unless you think otherwise?

I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure what's happening here. You posted a question regarding how to proceed with the CRs and then 15 minutes later you expect them to approved? I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but that's pretty fast to get impatient after it took more than a day for you to respond to my questions. I'm not upset that it took you more than a day... you obviously had other things to do. Could you allow that I also have had other things to do and don't sit around monitoring threads all day? If it's going to take you time to respond, please allow me to take time as well. I have no personal beef against you or any submitter. I try to treat everyone on the boards with courtesy. I would appreciate the same.

In answer to your previous questions, setting the date to Jan 2012 is fine. Since there is not date printed in or on the books, that is the correct format per the CR guidelines. Even if the publisher gives you the publication dates, the cover date should still be Jan 2012. If you can dig up the sale dates, please feel free to add them.

I'm now going over to the CR manager and hopefully approve the books. Thanks for helping to add to the database.

“We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." W. H. Auden

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 9:20:34 PM

padreglcc wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure what's happening here. You posted a question regarding how to proceed with the CRs and then 15 minutes later you expect them to approved?

yes because they have been ready since monday...

padreglcc wrote:

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but that's pretty fast to get impatient after it took more than a day for you to respond to my questions. I'm not upset that it took you more than a day...

it took me more than a day because i ate some hamburger meat with ecoli and i was sick throwing up and having the runs for that day i didn't reply, sorry i got sick, whats your excuse?

padreglcc wrote:
you obviously had other things to do.

yup was barfing all day

padreglcc wrote:

Could you allow that I also have had other things to do and don't sit around monitoring threads all day?

not familiar with your approval schedule like i am with Scott, so no i dont believe your busy, if your too busy you shouldn't be an approver...

padreglcc wrote:
If it's going to take you time to respond, please allow me to take time as well.

so your the only approver, if so thats not good for ccl, and if your too busy then you should not be an approver...

padreglcc wrote:

I have no personal beef against you or any submitter. I try to treat everyone on the boards with courtesy. I would appreciate the same.

respect is given to those that give...ive done everything to guide and was waiting for you guys(4days) and the wait was way too long, sorry you feel different about it...

padreglcc wrote:

In answer to your previous questions, setting the date to Jan 2012 is fine. Since there is not date printed in or on the books, that is the correct format per the CR guidelines. Even if the publisher gives you the publication dates, the cover date should still be Jan 2012. If you can dig up the sale dates, please feel free to add them.

see this was all you had to post not all that other non-sense, do your job - approve, if you cant then move out of the way and ill do it...

padreglcc wrote:

I'm now going over to the CR manager and hopefully approve the books. Thanks for helping to add to the database.

waiting on you buddy!

My Why

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 9:26:49 PM

you got one of my other cr's on hold, why...its correct to guide, it needs to be approved...so whats the problem now...you guys make things way harder than it needs to be...how the hell can you be an approver if you dont like feedback or comments or direction...you know your not always right...right

My Why

Tamwood
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 9:53:39 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Awww, Padre. You should have known better than to try and be reasonable. Just learn to ignore his baiting comments like everybody else does. Eventually, he'll go away. Or at least threaten to go away. Wall
RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 9:59:13 PM

Tamwood wrote:
Awww, Padre. You should have known better than to try and be reasonable. Just learn to ignore his baiting comments like everybody else does. Eventually, he'll go away. Or at least threaten to go away. Wall

no theres no more of that, those personal attacks dont work anymore, sorry im here to stay so you got to deal with me, i got some news for you, things will be changing on this site and they will be getting fixed and working as they should be, sit tight buddy!

Shame on You

My Why

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:00:26 PM

Tamwood wrote:

if you have time to post garbage you have time to approve, get to approving...or shut up...you not profiting ccl with your personal lack of progress, if ccl has to rely on you thats not good

My Why

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:04:20 PM

and btw , this is just the beginning...i have hundreds of cr's to do currently and will have an unlimited amount to do after, so you need to be ready not with smart ass comments but you need to be ready to add to the ccl database so ccl will show issues available for purchase, your being an hindrance for ccl bottom line bro!

My Why

scotteaves
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:19:00 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

RBC_Distribution wrote:
you got one of my other cr's on hold, why...its correct to guide, it needs to be approved...so whats the problem now...you guys make things way harder than it needs to be...how the hell can you be an approver if you dont like feedback or comments or direction...you know your not always right...right

Don, I'll answer that one - because you're being abusive. The comments in that CR directed at another CCL member are just unacceptable. They tread darn close to violating the CCL Forum Rules (which should apply to CR's too). Your attitude to padreglcc in the post above is just unreal - he's working with you to get the data correct. And he's a freaking priest, man! Stop being so demanding and abusive - it has no place here.

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:21:18 PM

scotteaves wrote:
RBC_Distribution wrote:

Don, I'll answer that one - because you're being abusive. The comments in that CR directed at another CCL member are just unacceptable. They tread darn close to violating the CCL Forum Rules (which should apply to CR's too). Your attitude to padreglcc in the post above is just unreal - he's working with you to get the data correct. And he's a freaking priest, man! Stop being so demanding and abusive - it has no place here.

Think

really, im the bad guy here...ok you know what...thats cool...ill take care of it, all my cr's are to guide and you guys dont want to approve them hey no problem...and ill forgive you cause i know you been going thru some stuff...but i have done everything to guide and still no acceptance...forget you guys...

My Why

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:26:37 PM

and nobody cares about how i have to deal with you alls abuse, the door swings both ways dude!

My Why

scotteaves
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:28:57 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

RBC_Distribution wrote:
scotteaves wrote:
RBC_Distribution wrote:

Think

really, im the bad guy here...ok you know what...thats cool...ill take care of it, all my cr's are to guide and you guys dont want to approve them hey no problem...and ill forgive you cause i know you been going thru some stuff...but i have done everything to guide and still no acceptance...forget you guys...

It was a legitimate question raised by Tamwood whether there is a print version because your supporting link does not indicate (in any way) that there is a print version as well as the ebook version. Unfortunately, you still haven't provided any supporting proof - besides stating that of course it's a print book, why else would you submit it. That's great - but if the CR is to Guide, then there should be a supporting link for the actual item. It's in the CR Guidelines. The tone you use is just not necessary to use on people who are trying to make sure it's correct before approving it. Not one person here deserves you telling them what to do and how fast to do it. This has been stated numerous times, but all of the Approvers are not CCL employees and do this in their spare/free time. C'mon - cut people some slack.

padreglcc
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:37:38 PM

RBC_Distribution wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but that's pretty fast to get impatient after it took more than a day for you to respond to my questions. I'm not upset that it took you more than a day...

it took me more than a day because i ate some hamburger meat with ecoli and i was sick throwing up and having the runs for that day i didn't reply, sorry i got sick, whats your excuse?

I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. I hope you're felling much better now. I've been down with food poisoning before and I know it's no fun at all.

As for my excuse? I don't do excuses. If you want to know what I've been dealing with for the past few days, I have no problem sharing that. Over the past 3-4 days, I've been dealing with a family in my church who has a loved one dying of cancer, another family being torn apart by divorce, a teenager who is making foolish decisions that's tearing his family apart, a man recovering from 3rd degree burns to 1/3 of his body, calling on several people sick and in hospitals, writing a sermon, leading a staff of 3 other people, hosting an event for around 100 kids in our community and their parents, and adding about 1/3 of this week's new issues to the database in my free time. Oh, and I've also been helping to approve your CRs. Been a full week. Still, I'm glad I could help get some of your CRs approved.

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:39:44 PM

scotteaves wrote:
RBC_Distribution wrote:
scotteaves wrote:
RBC_Distribution wrote:

Think

It was a legitimate question raised by Tamwood whether there is a print version because your supporting link does not indicate (in any way) that there is a print version as well as the ebook version. Unfortunately, you still haven't provided any supporting proof - besides stating that of course it's a print book, why else would you submit it. That's great - but if the CR is to Guide, then there should be a supporting link for the actual item. It's in the CR Guidelines. The tone you use is just not necessary to use on people who are trying to make sure it's correct before approving it. Not one person here deserves you telling them what to do and how fast to do it. This has been stated numerous times, but all of the Approvers are not CCL employees and do this in their spare/free time. C'mon - cut people some slack.

you would have to be a total retard to do a cr for a digital version..let me take a picture for you...and like i said for RBCD any cr is for a on hand in-print version...bottom line...we dont sale digital comics, we sale in-print versions here on ccl, nothing digital...here just for you...and i dont mind cutting people slack, but they have to be in that position to be able to do that...let me know if anybody here needs some glasses...these are distribution books...hince the name of this store...red beryl comics distribution...

My Why

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:41:09 PM

padreglcc wrote:
RBC_Distribution wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. I hope you're felling much better now. I've been down with food poisoning before and I know it's no fun at all.

As for my excuse? I don't do excuses. If you want to know what I've been dealing with for the past few days, I have no problem sharing that. Over the past 3-4 days, I've been dealing with a family in my church who has a loved one dying of cancer, another family being torn apart by divorce, a teenager who is making foolish decisions that's tearing his family apart, a man recovering from 3rd degree burns to 1/3 of his body, calling on several people sick and in hospitals, writing a sermon, leading a staff of 3 other people, hosting an event for around 100 kids in our community and their parents, and adding about 1/3 of this week's new issues to the database in my free time. Oh, and I've also been helping to approve your CRs. Been a full week. Still, I'm glad I could help get some of your CRs approved.

if i were you i wouldn't be on ccl, i would be devoting my full time to my flock...bottom line...those things you mention are way more important than ccl

My Why

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:45:31 PM

Im done..padre has reminded me there are more important things in life than ccl, so im done here, im off to share my time with the family and friends...good luck to you all, hope you are blessed this weekend...Don

do what you want with those CR's...

My Why

padreglcc
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:50:12 PM

RBC_Distribution wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
RBC_Distribution wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

if i were you i wouldn't be on ccl, i would be devoting my full time to my flock...bottom line...those things you mention are way more important than ccl

I do devote my full time to my church - I work between 50 and 60 hours a week at my job. I do CCL stuff in my spare time, just like every other approver. Perhaps you can appreciate that this is not a full time job for any of us. In either case, I enjoy spending down time here helping to add to the database, and helping stores such as yours to be able to run an effective business here. All of the approvers do... that's why we do this.