Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
jumping onto the Marvel Now boat... Options
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 6:15:13 PM

Groups: Member

is anyone not following this? i think its a good time to just drop most of the marvel books for me. all this rebooting is driving me nuts At Wits' End

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

4saken1
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 6:24:15 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I quit, too! If it seems like I'm missing something good, I might pick them up later.....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 6:29:26 PM

4saken1 wrote:
I quit, too! If it seems like I'm missing something good, I might pick them up later.....
yeah i'm just going to pick up superior spider-man and deadpool (cause Brian Poshen is funny as hell!) and see how they are. other than that... eh... i'll read batman and more indies.

Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 6:58:37 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Flipped through the new Marvel solicitations last night. Nothing really screamed out to me. Of course, I think the Marvel solicitations are pretty terrible in the first place.

I just don't care about a lot of the Marvel titles or characters. Iron Man? Don't care. Captain America? Don't care. Deadpool? Wish I could go back in time, break Liefeld's hands so he couldn't create him. Hulk? Boring. Avengers? Anymore, it's just X-Men lite, and with Uncanny Avengers ... it's confirmed. X-Men lite.

I'm not overly impressed with DC's New 52 crapfest, either, but I think there's a lot more potential with DC's stable of characters, and a lot more talent, from both the writer's table and the artists' bullpen.

I think Marvel just has the upper hand in sales, because they have better filmmakers.
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 7:08:30 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

The only thing I'm interested in is Superior Spider-Man, and it's out of pure curiosity. Oh, and I'm looking forward to at least first storyarc of All-New X-Men because I'm a sucker for time-travel stories.

But as for the rest of it all, yeah, it's all just meh. Everything is far too mutant-flavored for my tastes. Never have been a big X-fan.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
junkmonkey
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 7:30:40 PM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

I'm going to be the weird one here, and say I'm excited for it. I haven't followed any Marvel books since Secret Invasion, save for the occasional ASM story arc and a few random Deadpool. It just seems like everything has way too much back story to even consider just picking up and going. SUre, I'll pick up back issues of stories I've heard are good, but a Marvel title is a rarity on my pull. I'm definitely picking up Hickman's Avengers for the first few issues. Read his Dark Reign: Fantastic Four story, and it was awesome. Like BD, Superior Spider-Man will be out of curiosity. If he really gets rid of Pete, who knows? Maybe the new guy will be good! That's how we got Kyle in the '90s. All New X-Men has my interest, seeing how the original team reacts to the present fallout. I'll get Deadpool for a few issues to see the new writers take. Might check out a few others just for the heck of it.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 7:48:16 PM

after the 90's the x-men lost a lot of steam for me.

kidlippy
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 9:18:52 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I like to think I'm a big Marvel fan but this Marvel Now just doesn't impress me at all. I'm not crazy about Peter not wearing the webs (even less impress that it might be Miguel O'Hara).
Uncanny Avengers sounds stupid to me. FF even more stupid if that's possible.
Also hate all these renumbering of titles.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 2:23:51 AM

i'm kind of excited to see o'hara back in the fold... should make for some good stories. the FF looks dumb as (banned), though...

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 3:01:21 AM

just the hulk stuff for me

My Why

b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 6:58:19 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Yep I'm gettin nothing but indies now
Shizz
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 8:16:02 AM

No interest what so ever for me. "Superior Spiderman"? Who comes up these titles? Sick
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 8:30:57 AM

how long before they pick back up at the original numbering? i give 6 months. a year tops.

kidlippy
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 8:53:16 AM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
how long before they pick back up at the original numbering? i give 6 months. a year tops.

I'm thinking by the end of the year tops. Look at the F4. By the time Johnny returns the series went back to original numbers, didn't it?

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 9:51:33 AM

kidlippy wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

I'm thinking by the end of the year tops. Look at the F4. By the time Johnny returns the series went back to original numbers, didn't it?

ture. they're not killing off peter parker are they? i know the new spidey hooks up with MJ.

roguesquad
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 12:28:31 PM

ya, not crazy about this either.. The train-wreck that was Avengers vs. X-men left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially with the Avengers characters. My pull list after January is a whopping 5 books. Although more of my money will be spent here on back issues. I'm actually getting into the 80's now. I've never read any stuff from that time.

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
Tamwood
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 12:51:25 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

b0bafett wrote:

Here's the thing; I think a lot of these "indy" books are crap, too. I liked Debris, which is over, Rachel Rising and Saga.
wpmcclure
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 2:11:18 PM

Tamwood wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

Here's the thing; I think a lot of these "indy" books are crap, too. I liked Debris, which is over, Rachel Rising and Saga.

I dug Debris as well! That was an amazing series. I didn't like how it ended though. I felt like they had a little more story to tell but were only allowed to use what... 2 more pages at the end to close the story. It was just different. The colors....and the lines had me just looking at the art over and over again. Manhattan projects and saga are pretty damn good. Also have been a fan of the tales of the Jedi. I have all the issues, so dawn of the Jedi has been like an early gift from Santa! Hehe... Drooling

wpmcclure
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 2:34:49 PM

Any thoughts on the new Thunderbolts and Thor: God of Thunder series?

kidlippy
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 3:52:50 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

ture. they're not killing off peter parker are they? i know the new spidey hooks up with MJ.

I hope Marvel doesn't kill Peter Parker. Marvel would lose more readers if they did that. But it's not the first, or second, time Marvel replaced Spiderman with someone that isn't Peter Parker.