Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Thor #1 (Marvel Now) Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:03:31 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,222
Points: 59,344
Location: Redding, CA
Unlike Iron Man #1, this was a fantastic first issue! It did what a first issue should do; it grabbed my attention and left me wanting more after reading the last panel.

Cool looking art that really fit the style. It pulled me into the world (which this story is set in the past, the Viking past to be exact). And it had a very Viking feel to it all, which is great since Thor is a Viking god.

I wish the order system wasn't two months ahead of time on Previews, I already opted out of #2, since I'm not normally a big Thor fan, and my LCS never orders extras unless they know for a fact it's gonna be a big seller.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Shogun684
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 9:14:36 AM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/7/2011
Posts: 287
Points: 861
Location: NH
I also liked it a little better then Iron Man but not by to much imo but I think the stand out number one's right now are Fantastic Four #1 and All New X-men #1 I like to see what Captain America will bring next week.
Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:19:01 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/14/2008
Posts: 2,260
Points: 30,180
Location: Vancouver, Washington
BurningDoom wrote:
Unlike Iron Man #1, this was a fantastic first issue! It did what a first issue should do; it grabbed my attention and left me wanting more after reading the last panel.

Cool looking art that really fit the style. It pulled me into the world (which this story is set in the past, the Viking past to be exact). And it had a very Viking feel to it all, which is great since Thor is a Viking god.

I wish the order system wasn't two months ahead of time on Previews, I already opted out of #2, since I'm not normally a big Thor fan, and my LCS never orders extras unless they know for a fact it's gonna be a big seller.


If you need a #2, let me know and I can hook you up....
Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:06:30 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 11/13/2009
Posts: 1,540
Points: 138,595
Location: Indiana
I agree, Thor: God of Thunder #1 was pretty good. I was surprised. I also thought Iron Man was terrible. X-Men Legacy was disappointing. And I, personally, thought Fantastic Four was crap. All-New X-Men has probably been my favorite of the New 52, er, NOW! books.
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:14:17 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,222
Points: 59,344
Location: Redding, CA
Tamwood wrote:
I agree, Thor: God of Thunder #1 was pretty good. I was surprised. I also thought Iron Man was terrible. X-Men Legacy was disappointing. And I, personally, thought Fantastic Four was crap. All-New X-Men has probably been my favorite of the New 52, er, NOW! books.


Yeah, All-New X-Men was pretty good, and I'm not even an X-Men fan.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
wpmcclure
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:52:44 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/28/2010
Posts: 417
Points: 4,203
Location: Washington
I'm a newby to Thor and really enjoyed the first issue, left me wanting more. Anyone new to Thor definitely won't be dissappointed. I thought Iron Man was painful to read and found myself skipping a lot.

Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:11:01 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/14/2008
Posts: 2,260
Points: 30,180
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Wow, that Iron Man #1 sounds really bad. I should buy one and check it out!
wpmcclure
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:31:15 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/28/2010
Posts: 417
Points: 4,203
Location: Washington
Thundercron wrote:
Wow, that Iron Man #1 sounds really bad. I should buy one and check it out!


Rolling on the Floor

Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.345 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231