Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Is Comics Revue still published? Options
outcast
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:59:20 PM
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

I know it's a title that few collect, but as one of those few, I'd like to know:

Is Comics Revue still being published?

Recently, of course, it's been going by the title Comics Revue Presents, and with a recently doubled page count, has been selling at a cover price of $19.95. The last issue I got was the October 2012 issue. Diamond listed the December 2012 issue (it's bimonthly) for delivery January 9, but I haven't seen it. What's more, comics.org isn't listing it (but then, they haven't listed the Oct. issue either).

Has the December issue been distributed to stores? Does it exist?

Any definitive word of its status will be gratefully received.
comicscastle
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:34:31 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Diamond shows today as the estimated ship date but also shows it as not shipping yet. The next issue is solicited in the February Previews for an April ship date.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar

outcast
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:26:46 AM

Your information is consistent with what my LCS has been telling me, so at least they're not lying. The Christmas cover on that issue is going to look pretty ridiculous, though.

Thank you for your response, comicscastle.

Update: I just got an e-mail response from CR's publisher, Rick Norwood. He says that the December issue shipped from Diamond in December, and that the issue for Feb. 6 (today) is the February issue.
comicscastle
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:06:28 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

outcast wrote:
Your information is consistent with what my LCS has been telling me, so at least they're not lying. The Christmas cover on that issue is going to look pretty ridiculous, though.

Thank you for your response, comicscastle.

Update: I just got an e-mail response from CR's publisher, Rick Norwood. He says that the December issue shipped from Diamond in December, and that the issue for Feb. 6 (today) is the February issue.
I guess I misunderstood you. The February issue was in the December Previews and the December issue was in the October Previews. When you said the last issue you received was the October issue I thought you were referring to the order date, not the ship date.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar

outcast
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:12:49 AM

comicscastle wrote:
I guess I misunderstood you. The February issue was in the December Previews and the December issue was in the October Previews. When you said the last issue you received was the October issue I thought you were referring to the order date, not the ship date.
Actually, I was referring to cover date. CR has pretty consistently arrived early in the month after the cover date.