Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Maybe new bug issue Options
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:53:46 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

When I'm at one store looking at comics to buy in say left that store on page 4 & click a new store instead of loading page 1 it loads whatever page I was on from the other store. So if I was at pats store looking at comics in left his store on page 4 went to jim store instead of loading on page one it loads on page 4
Jim
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 9:14:29 AM

Groups: Member

That is by design unfortunately. I changed the way paging worked to try and speed up the store pages and this is one of the things I implemented, cached page numbers. I know some people don't like it though. Sorry 😞

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
CrossbowComics
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 3:29:33 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Actually the bigger problem is if you're on page 70 of titles and you're checking out Spidey listings, when you back out it sends you back to whatever page you started at, meaning I sometimes have to click 3-4 times to get back to page 70. I agree the browsing is faster but there's also more clicks needed.

I just went through Alpha's store to take advantage of the 50% off sale & it was quite a bit of work. Mile High & MyComicShop list titles 50 at a time in simple text, maybe we could implement something like that.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

pottersan
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 9:10:07 PM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
Actually the bigger problem is if you're on page 70 of titles and you're checking out Spidey listings, when you back out it sends you back to whatever page you started at, meaning I sometimes have to click 3-4 times to get back to page 70. I agree the browsing is faster but there's also more clicks needed.

I just went through Alpha's store to take advantage of the 50% off sale & it was quite a bit of work. Mile High & MyComicShop list titles 50 at a time in simple text, maybe we could implement something like that.
Yeah, it really makes it hard to shop for large orders.....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Jim
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 10:11:35 PM

I've been trying to repro this on my computer and haven't been able to. When I am on page 7 in one store and then jump to another store I start at page 7 there too. Then after a certain amount of time of inactivity the cache expires and I go back to page 1 when I jump to another store which is by design. But if I was at page 70 and it takes me back to page 1 after a certain period of inactivity I just plug in 70 into the page input and pick up where I left off. I don't use the browser back button to nav though.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
CrossbowComics
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 7:22:55 AM

Shop at My Store

Well I've figured out that if I get to page 70 and then click on "title list", I now start at page 70 every time I back out of a title, so it saves me some clicks. That's good for me, however a newbie would still have to figure things out so hopefully we can get it patched. The page loads are pretty quick this AM which helps.

PS - I noticed typing a page # into tiles & hitting enter doesn't work.

Alarion
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 8:14:19 AM

As a senior software engineer myself, these are the kinds of things I tend to make "configurable options". I personally get annoyed that it remembers what page I was on - I suppose I shop differently than others - it's not a MAJOR inconvenience, but one of those things that makes me grumble silently to myself every-time I am on page 10 when I switch to a new title.

I can see it keeping it when you switch stores but are on the same title (ASM as a good example given earler). But if I go from ASM page 20 to Deadpool, it sticks me on the last page. This is so illogical from a usability standpoint, that I am not even sure why it was done.

For example, I went to Treehouse and browsed ASM, and went to page 6. Then I switched over to Spectacular Spider Man and it put me on page 6 there. Why would one want to start in the middle or the end for a totally different book?

Is this something people actually use? If so, can you please explain how this is saving you time (so I can adjust my search/browse patterns)?

Also, pagination - if I enter the page # to go to, it doesn't work. If i click on the page number at the bottom, it doesn't work. So to Crossbow's point - you have to click. and click. and click and clickclickclick to get deep into a list.

The issue browsing/listing is one of the biggest shortcomings of this website/marketplace, imo. Not trying to dig, I just want to see this place improved!
pottersan
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 9:04:37 AM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
Well I've figured out that if I get to page 70 and then click on "title list", I now start at page 70 every time I back out of a title, so it saves me some clicks. That's good for me, however a newbie would still have to figure things out so hopefully we can get it patched. The page loads are pretty quick this AM which helps.

PS - I noticed typing a page # into tiles & hitting enter doesn't work.

Yes, your PS example is very frustrating.....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Jim
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 9:33:31 AM

Alarion wrote:
As a senior software engineer myself, these are the kinds of things I tend to make "configurable options". I personally get annoyed that it remembers what page I was on - I suppose I shop differently than others - it's not a MAJOR inconvenience, but one of those things that makes me grumble silently to myself every-time I am on page 10 when I switch to a new title.

I can see it keeping it when you switch stores but are on the same title (ASM as a good example given earler). But if I go from ASM page 20 to Deadpool, it sticks me on the last page. This is so illogical from a usability standpoint, that I am not even sure why it was done.

For example, I went to Treehouse and browsed ASM, and went to page 6. Then I switched over to Spectacular Spider Man and it put me on page 6 there. Why would one want to start in the middle or the end for a totally different book?

Is this something people actually use? If so, can you please explain how this is saving you time (so I can adjust my search/browse patterns)?

Also, pagination - if I enter the page # to go to, it doesn't work. If i click on the page number at the bottom, it doesn't work. So to Crossbow's point - you have to click. and click. and click and clickclickclick to get deep into a list.

The issue browsing/listing is one of the biggest shortcomings of this website/marketplace, imo. Not trying to dig, I just want to see this place improved!

People complained that page numbers weren't saved so I put them in the user cache. Can't have it both ways. I don't think you're trying to dig, that's what pottersan is doing. Thanks for the comments Alarion, works on these pages isn't easy and they aren't simple to change without refactoring the whole thing but suffice it to say that it will get better.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
freakdylan
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 11:10:23 AM

I find shopping here extremely frustrating.

Usually if I buy here I wait until I need 20-30 books or $100 so I can find free shipping deals. However sometimes I get so frustrated I leave and come back later or in some cases never at all.

One of the things that really bugs me is if I am browsing a store say "Jims" and after checking shipping costs the store disappears if I add something to my cart. This happens every time I come here because I always check out shipping costs before I start adding stuff to my cart.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Alarion
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 11:15:22 AM

Jim wrote:

People complained that page numbers weren't saved so I put them in the user cache. Can't have it both ways. I don't think you're trying to dig, that's what pottersan is doing. Thanks for the comments Alarion, works on these pages isn't easy and they aren't simple to change without refactoring the whole thing but suffice it to say that it will get better.

Understandable, and I certainly know what you mean (I just left a job like that, and of course they never let you refactor). If you need to bounce anything off another developer, feel free. I code in .net as well (C# and VB) :)

Maybe you could also store the "last title viewed" in the session and not dump them to the "remembered page" if current title != "last title viewed". just a thought.
pottersan
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 11:29:00 AM

Shop at My Store

Jim wrote:
Alarion wrote:

Jim, that "dig" at me is uncalled, unprofessional, and untrue.

This recent bug of the past few months is frustrating for us buyers.

When purchasing comics using on my wish list in a store, frequently after adding an it to my cart I will receive a "0" items found when there were previously, say 120 items found.

In addition, paging back while in similar scenarios ill be returned to the very first page of results instead of jut the previous page.

I've detailed in previous posts under the bugs sections.

If you choose to respond, please leave the personal assumptions out as to my intentions, you can PM me with any concerns as to that.

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
Jim
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 11:53:05 AM

pottersan wrote:

"Settle down, Beavis." My comment wasn't personal it was toward the general unhelpfulness of the comments you posted earlier. If you have something constructive to add like the details you just mentioned I'm all ears and very appreciative of it.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Jim
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 11:54:29 AM

Alarion wrote:
Jim wrote:

Understandable, and I certainly know what you mean (I just left a job like that, and of course they never let you refactor). If you need to bounce anything off another developer, feel free. I code in .net as well (C# and VB) :)

Maybe you could also store the "last title viewed" in the session and not dump them to the "remembered page" if current title != "last title viewed". just a thought.

Thanks Alarion, I may just take you up on that offer at some point. I've always seen more success out of programmers when they work together. Two smart dudes are always better than one. Happy

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 1:32:16 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm curious to know how you guys are doing your buying. I've seen complaints from the beginning. I agreed with the reload issue that was recently resolved, but otherwise I don't get it.

My buying method is completely driven by Wish List. So, if something catches my eye, I click on the store and see what they've got on my Wish List and just cruise through their store that way. It doesn't take me more than five to ten minutes to put in an order of 40-70 books (since I'm usually grabbing $1 issues).

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
CrossbowComics
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 2:39:49 PM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
I'm curious to know how you guys are doing your buying. I've seen complaints from the beginning. I agreed with the reload issue that was recently resolved, but otherwise I don't get it.

My buying method is completely driven by Wish List. So, if something catches my eye, I click on the store and see what they've got on my Wish List and just cruise through their store that way. It doesn't take me more than five to ten minutes to put in an order of 40-70 books (since I'm usually grabbing $1 issues).

With my wishlist it's fine, and in fact I've been adding more stuff to my wishlist to help me shop. It's the general browsing that's work, for example Alpha just announced a 50% off sale & I want to browse through his 119 pages of titles, that's where you notice the bugs. Same with Curious Goods & all his markdowns. If you collect a limited # of titles then you can just type them into the search box & shopping is easier.

SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 3:04:09 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

With my wishlist it's fine, and in fact I've been adding more stuff to my wishlist to help me shop. It's the general browsing that's work, for example Alpha just announced a 50% off sale & I want to browse through his 119 pages of titles, that's where you notice the bugs. Same with Curious Goods & all his markdowns. If you collect a limited # of titles then you can just type them into the search box & shopping is easier.

Ah. Yeah, with a wish list of over 1300 items, I don't bother browsing.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Jim
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 3:08:30 PM

SwiftMann wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

This is definitely a good point to bring up. People shop the site differently, it's something I certainly recognize. One thought I had was to split out the pages for the different shopping styles to make them more manageable programmability-wise. Right now they are muddled together and when you make a change to one version it can severely screw up the other views.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
LadyJay
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 8:08:54 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

SwiftMann wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

I've got a large wish list too. I usually only keep the top 50 to 100 issues I'm looking for on my CCL Wish List. In the early days of CCL stores, I'd start with a store that had something from my CCL list and then use the Publisher sort feature (the one that no longer exists) to quickly scan for other titles I was interested in. Doing that I was usually able to meet free or discounted shipping rates in a reasonable amount of time. When the publisher sort for stores went away
it got a lot more time consuming to shop CCL stores. I've pretty much stopped shopping on CCL because it's just too tedious to go through a store's inventory with the existing search/sort features and I don't have the patience to maintain my CCL wish list.

pottersan
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 9:20:02 PM

Shop at My Store

Jim wrote:
pottersan wrote:

"Settle down, Beavis." My comment wasn't personal it was toward the general unhelpfulness of the comments you posted earlier. If you have something constructive to add like the details you just mentioned I'm all ears and very appreciative of it.
Jim, maybe it's just me, but the general tone of your response sounds kinda crappy.

Especially when I simply stated my opinion, which is factual "Yeah, it really makes it hard to shop for large orders....." and "Yes, your PS example is very frustrating....."

Why a "Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Subscriber, Super Hero Showdown Host" would deem it necessary to call my opinion a "dig" is troublesome to me.

Had my name been left out of your post, all would be good in the hood...

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;