Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Buyers - How Do You Shop? Options
pottersan
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:08:16 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
inhumanking wrote:
as soon as any book / item pops up on my radar, it goes on my wishlist...
and wasting hours of my time randomly browsing the stores here is NOT how something pops up on my radar.
PREVIEWS, the new items on the shelf at the LCS, word of mouth, even topics in the forums - all yes.
browsing through somebody's random mess? NO.
Rolling on the Floor
But we have shelves too!!!!!!

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:57:31 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

pottersan wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

I used to frequent Alpha Comics a lot, too. But I've mostly picked through his inventory to point that I have trouble finding what I want now. (Not that he has a small inventory, it's quite large IMO, it's just that I shopped there a lot so it no longer is good for my particular wishlist.)

Send me that wish list and I'll take care of that!

Back on topic, I ten to go back to the stores I have saved as favorites.

For time reasons, I usually just shop by my wish list.

I'm always open to try new stores if the price is right.

Right now I'm looking for the full Paradise X mini-series (except #0 which I already have). Or I'm okay with the trade paperback if it's at a good price.

And I'm looking for the Avengers, Iron Man, and one-shot issues of the Marvel storyline "The Crossing": Iron Man #319-326, Avengers #390-394, Avengers: The Crossing, and Age of Innocence: The Rebirth of Iron Man (don't need Avengers #395, nor Avengers: Timeslide). Again, I'm okay with the trade paperback if it's at a good price, but that's not likely with the prices I'm seeing on the TPB.

Can you get me those at a good price? I'm not too worried about condition as long as they're fully intact and readable.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:09:27 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

pottersan wrote:
Congrats! How's that workin' out for ya?
Tongue
I do see the appeal and purpose for them, they just don't do anything to attract me as a buyer. I like to be organized and the Wish List is an excellent organization tool and with Jim's recent update to the store list the Wish List now does a lot of the work for me.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
LadyJay
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:32:31 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I would like to pose this question to the CCL Buyers: How do you shop?

I start by looking to see who has one or more of the books on my current most wanted list.

Quote:
What draws you into a particular store and what helps keep you there?

Selection and value (NOT lowest price) draw me to a store, good service and accurate grading keep me there.

Quote:
Do you navigate with Store Shelves?
No

Quote:
Do you look at Store Ratings, not just the numbers, but the comments? Does this influence you one way or the other?
I mostly look at the numbers unless there are some mortal or villain ratings. In those cases I'll look at both the positive and negative comments to determine if I'm willing to give the store a shot.

Quote:
Do you read the About Us page and does that have any effect on whether you choose that store?
Not really

Quote:
Do you primarily use the Wish List or do you browse randomly?

Neither. The CCL Wish List is a pain to maintain if you're also buying from sources outside of CCL. I use a want list that I don't need to be online to maintain or access and start by looking for one of my current "Most Wanted" books. If I find it, I see what else the Seller has from my list. If I don't find it, I go look somewhere else.

I almost didn't respond on this. It's been a while since I've made a CCL purchase. The last few times I've gone looking for books on CCL, either no one had what I was looking for or I've gotten frustrated trying to build an order and given up.

SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:54:58 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

LadyJay wrote:
The CCL Wish List is a pain to maintain if you're also buying from sources outside of CCL.

How's that? Are you simply not cataloging books purchased outside CCL? If you are, the software has an option to immediately remove the WishList item when you add it to your inventory. If you're not, well, yeah, it's more manual, but I don't think I'd go so far as to call it a pain since you can do it in both the software and the browser.

The CCL WishList is the biggest timesaver since I started collecting comics - no Excel sheets to maintain and carry around anymore and 15 minutes or less to make an 80 book order.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:40:57 PM

SwiftMann wrote:
you can do it in both the software and the browser.

It would be nice if they actually functioned together correctly, though. I have items that show up on the website wishlist feature, that have long been removed from my wishlist in the software.

If I'm really bored, I'll go through my website wishlist and manually remove them on the website, but most of the time I just don't care enough to go through my wishlist page-by-page on the website.

pottersan
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:10:20 PM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
...the software has an option to immediately remove the WishList item when you add it to your inventory...
Really? Please show me, that's what I need!

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
LadyJay
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:13:59 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

SwiftMann wrote:
LadyJay wrote:
The CCL Wish List is a pain to maintain if you're also buying from sources outside of CCL.

How's that? Are you simply not cataloging books purchased outside CCL? If you are, the software has an option to immediately remove the WishList item when you add it to your inventory. If you're not, well, yeah, it's more manual, but I don't think I'd go so far as to call it a pain since you can do it in both the software and the browser.

The CCL WishList is the biggest timesaver since I started collecting comics - no Excel sheets to maintain and carry around anymore and 15 minutes or less to make an 80 book order.

I don't use the CCL software for my collection. And maintaining the wish list is a pain for me. My "little" Word file is much quicker and easier to update.

pottersan
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:16:30 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:

Right now I'm looking for the full Paradise X mini-series (except #0 which I already have). Or I'm okay with the trade paperback if it's at a good price.

And I'm looking for the Avengers, Iron Man, and one-shot issues of the Marvel storyline "The Crossing": Iron Man #319-326, Avengers #390-394, Avengers: The Crossing, and Age of Innocence: The Rebirth of Iron Man (don't need Avengers #395, nor Avengers: Timeslide). Again, I'm okay with the trade paperback if it's at a good price, but that's not likely with the prices I'm seeing on the TPB.

Can you get me those at a good price? I'm not too worried about condition as long as they're fully intact and readable.

I'm on the case!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
pottersan
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:17:30 PM

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
pottersan wrote:
Congrats! How's that workin' out for ya?
Tongue
I do see the appeal and purpose for them, they just don't do anything to attract me as a buyer. I like to be organized and the Wish List is an excellent organization tool and with Jim's recent update to the store list the Wish List now does a lot of the work for me.
Yeah, they're only good if the seller updates them. I primarily use the wishlist as well.

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:19:50 PM

pottersan wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

I'm on the case!

Thanks! I'm not in a rush. But I do buy back-issues somewhat regularly. And if you had those at a good price, you'd definitely be my next stop for back-issue purchasing.

canaryfarmer
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:20:46 PM

Groups: Member

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I would like to pose this question to the CCL Buyers: How do you shop?

Check the wishlist column, open a bunch of stores in separate tabs, and see if there's a sweet spot of available comics+cheap prices+low shipping.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
What draws you into a particular store and what helps keep you there?

Unlimited $2.99 shipping Cool

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Do you navigate with Store Shelves and if so, how specific do you like the shelves? Broad categories, more general or somewhere in-between?

In 3 years, I have never ever once paid any attention to Store Shelves.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Do you look at Store Ratings, not just the numbers, but the comments? Does this influence you one way or the other?

I look at them, but honestly, terrible stores are pretty rare around here.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Do you read the About Us page and does that have any effect on whether you choose that store?

I read the About Us-es, but they've never impacted a purchase decision.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Do you primarily use the Wish List or do you browse randomly?

Wish list, wish list, wish list.
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:50:58 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

pottersan wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
...the software has an option to immediately remove the WishList item when you add it to your inventory...

Every time I add a book to my inventory, it automatically removes it from my Wish List.
pottersan
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 12:01:30 AM

Shop at My Store

Tamwood wrote:
pottersan wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Every time I add a book to my inventory, it automatically removes it from my Wish List.
There mus be some thing to turn this on....I have sets that I always buy (Weapon X 1-4 AoA, Avengers vs X-Men 1-4 etc) and they always stay on my wishlist, even after purchasing them several times...

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 6:47:50 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

pottersan wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

In the software...

Click the red gear (next to the planet Saturn thingy). This will open an Options box.

Click Wish List from the side menu (fourth down).

Add a checkmark to "Remove Item From Wish List When Adding"

Click OK

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 1:59:45 PM

I use my PayPal card...Anxious
dunleavy75
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 4:49:16 PM

I basically just browse 4 stores and sometimes use my wish list. I need to update big time though, as I let my subscription expire a ways back. The stores are Alpha Comics, ComicsCastle, Curious Goods, and TreeHouse.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
pottersan
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 7:14:14 PM

Shop at My Store

dunleavy75 wrote:
I basically just browse 4 stores and sometimes use my wish list. I need to update big time though, as I let my subscription expire a ways back. The stores are Alpha Comics, ComicsCastle, Curious Goods, and TreeHouse.
dun, I can give you a FREE copy of the CCL cd software with any purchase!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 7:56:07 PM

pottersan wrote:
dunleavy75 wrote:

I'd love a CD copy of the software with my next purchase, if possible! I always prefer physical media to download-only.

pottersan
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 8:35:52 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
pottersan wrote:
dunleavy75 wrote:

I'd love a CD copy of the software with my next purchase, if possible! I always prefer physical media to download-only.

You know, these things ain't cheap!

Seriously though, I think I actually have 2 copies ( and yes, these are the official copies. I purchased them from CCL for a past promotion.)
Let me dig around, by the time I fill your wishlist I should find my second copy.

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;