Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What is SuperHero Showdown? Options
LadyJay
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 6:47:50 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

It occurred to me that some folks may not be familiar with the SuperHero Showdown game and may be wondering what in the world the fuss is about, so...

SuperHero Showdown is probably best described as a cross between a Versus game and a fantasy sports league. We decide which comic universe(s) are eligible, pick a power cap and members sign up to manage teams.

Managers receive a set of virtual cards that can be used during the tournament. Some cards can be used in the draft and others during the game itself.

Next we hold a draft. There are normally 5 characters per team. Managers may select characters from the selected comic universe(s) that fall under the power cap, as determined by the game moderators. The game name is a bit of a mis-nomer, as any character (hero, villain, powered, unpowered) from the selected universe(s) is eligible, as long as they are under the cap.

Once the draft is complete, the fight schedule is posted. Prior to each fight, the managers submit a fighter from their roster and an environment is selected. The fight is posted and the managers post rationales and debate which character would win. Other managers and members are encouraged to chime in on the debate. CCL members vote on which character they think would win the fight. The winning fighter stays alive and the losing fighter is typically eliminated.

The tournament winner is the last manager with a fighter(s) left on his/her roster.

If you're interested and have questions, please ask here or drop Jim or me a PM. We'll be happy to answer your questions.

comicuniversity
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 2:00:32 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

OK, Ladyjaye, that may be the dictionary definition...

But what it is, really, is an emotional roler coaster ride that leads me to trumpet my superior intellect one moment and throw my treasonous computer out my window the next.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:49:16 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Yes, what is Super Hero Showdown?

Is it a casual game where someone hurls their hand-picked team willy-nilly into my own carefully selected group and mayhem ensues?

Or is it a chess match pitting one hunched over troll against other, equally faceless game managers?

No, it is in fact a Battle Royale of epic proportions. Imagine if you will the wise Solomon bringing his warriors into the fray - Geronimo, Apache Warrior; St. George, Dragon Slayer; and Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves.

Facing him across the battlefield (which just happens to be Tenochtitlan, Ancient Atlantis or even the Labyrinth of King Minos) is master tactician Sun-Tzu and his warriors - Sigurd Dragonsbane, Viking Berserker; Attilla the Hun, Scourge of Europe; and Saladin, Arab Dervish!

Does it make any sense? No! But is it fun? Yes!

The best part is that WE get to use comic book characters who we all know and love (or hate!) and everyone gets to share their opinion or bias as the case may be. The debates will be spirited and the competition fierce and whoever comes out on top will be King of the Nerds! Until the next Showdown that is...

Keep an eye out for Team Hall of Heroes! Or whatever I decide to call it.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 2:33:01 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Wait...I thought it was dancing with the stars...just ya know..with super heroes...dang it! I wanna see superman do the bat dance!

Mad Bloggings