Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Comics » Starbrand Joining the Avengers???
KingZombie
Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:41:35 AM
Groups: Member

Probably my favorite New Universe character. Very cool.
MoonKnight1
Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:25:44 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
The Starbrand character was, I think, the best New Universe creation. I enjoyed the story line and especially the John Byrne influence when he took over.

I think it was the Gru (Mark Gruenwald if you don't know, RIP) who first brought the New Universe over to the mainstream Marvel Universe in the pages of Quasar. The Star Brand had imprinted itself onto Wendell Vaughn's girlfriend (I want to say Kayla?) so I can certainly see how it can still be around. I can't remember exactly how that played out, been a while since I read it. It will be interesting to see what happens and who possesses it.
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Hall Liquidations

pottersan
Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:29:13 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Wha.....huh?!?!?

This might get me back to reading current comics....
“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, ComicVortex, Hall of Heroes
LordMikel
Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:49:05 PM
Groups: Member
MoonKnight1 wrote:
The Starbrand character was, I think, the best New Universe creation. I enjoyed the story line and especially the John Byrne influence when he took over.

I think it was the Gru (Mark Gruenwald if you don't know, RIP) who first brought the New Universe over to the mainstream Marvel Universe in the pages of Quasar. The Star Brand had imprinted itself onto Wendell Vaughn's girlfriend (I want to say Kayla?) so I can certainly see how it can still be around. I can't remember exactly how that played out, been a while since I read it. It will be interesting to see what happens and who possesses it.

I believe she gave it to Quasar who kept using it and it became smaller and smaller and eventually almost completely disappeared.
fenix1977
Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:44:48 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I think either CBR or Newsarama has a preview floating around. I just can't remember which sight I found it on.