Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Digital codes? Options
sendbryan
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 1:41:47 PM
Groups: Member

Anyone selling digital codes from the Marvel books? I've been buying books, redeeming the code and then turning around and selling the books because I have zero space for them, just hoping someone out there can help me simplify the process and sell just the codes.
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 1:57:45 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Forgive my ignorance, but since I'm not too computer savvy, I had a few questions about the codes...

Are the codes unique to each comic printed? And does that mean each code can only be used once? Can the digital comic be burned onto a disc? Are the codes good forever--if I buy a current book from today a couple years from now as a back issue, will the code still work then?
kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 2:12:04 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I personally don't use the digital codes, but I have to assume that a book with the digital code sticker removed(or where the digital code has been used) would somewhat devalue the book...Anyone know if this the case?...I guess 5 years from now when I am buying back issues from this era, I will have to check every book to see if code sticker is in place?--What are your thoughts?
sgriffin
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 3:42:28 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

Thundercron wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but since I'm not too computer savvy, I had a few questions about the codes...

Are the codes unique to each comic printed? And does that mean each code can only be used once? Can the digital comic be burned onto a disc? Are the codes good forever--if I buy a current book from today a couple years from now as a back issue, will the code still work then?
Yes, Yes, No, No. For the last - all of Marvel's codes have an expiration date printed there in the book.

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
sendbryan
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 7:00:09 PM

kevscomics wrote:
I personally don't use the digital codes, but I have to assume that a book with the digital code sticker removed(or where the digital code has been used) would somewhat devalue the book...Anyone know if this the case?...I guess 5 years from now when I am buying back issues from this era, I will have to check every book to see if code sticker is in place?--What are your thoughts?

No idea. I'm guessing it will depend on the buyer? Either way, I don't think many, if any, of these books are going to go up in value.
Inking_Zanziber
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 11:14:58 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

sendbryan wrote:
Anyone selling digital codes from the Marvel books? I've been buying books, redeeming the code and then turning around and selling the books because I have zero space for them, just hoping someone out there can help me simplify the process and sell just the codes.

I see people regularly give out various codes on Twitter on NCBD. You might try there.

John "Zanziber" Rogers - @ZanziberPoV

Zanziber's Point Of View

Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:47:57 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

sendbryan wrote:
kevscomics wrote:

No idea. I'm guessing it will depend on the buyer? Either way, I don't think many, if any, of these books are going to go up in value.

All New X-Men already has. Superior Spider-Man already has.
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:58:56 PM

Shop at My Store

Yup was gonna say the same thing...I mean it's not out of this world to think that some of these issues will be up there with the DC New 52 1st issues, like what's Batman # 1 worth from that now? Like $40 or something...
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 1:43:05 PM

I've noticed recently a lot of sellers are selling just the codes on ebay. Guess some collectors figure might as well get back some of the cover price or some unscrupulous sellers are removing the codes and selling both.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Inking_Zanziber
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:00:24 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

kevscomics wrote:
Yup was gonna say the same thing...I mean it's not out of this world to think that some of these issues will be up there with the DC New 52 1st issues, like what's Batman # 1 worth from that now? Like $40 or something...

DANG! Didn't know the #1 was selling for that much. I've got to keep a better eye on my collections value. :)

John "Zanziber" Rogers - @ZanziberPoV

Zanziber's Point Of View

kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:50:50 PM

Shop at My Store

Inking_Zanziber wrote:
kevscomics wrote:

DANG! Didn't know the #1 was selling for that much. I've got to keep a better eye on my collections value. :)

A lot of those early batman first prints bring some $, quite a few of the new 52 #1s bring a bit, like swamp thing, animal man, cat woman, I know I sold a swampy 1 for 12 or 15...