Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Title Changes Options
DaLeah96
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 2:18:28 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm currently in the process of going through all of my books listed in my store. Mostly I'm doing markdowns, but I am also making sure condition is correct and I actually have the books.

What I find surprising is how many of the titles which were put in boxes alphabetically are now not even close due to title changes made since I entered them. I've been aware of this before, when I've had to search through the boxes to find a purchased book. While this is a problem for me personally, I know ultimately it is supposed to make the data base complete and accurate.

Having said that I must ask when it became policy to put all books in a run under one title even when the indicia changes during the run. Case in point is Pendragon (UK) which is Pendragon for issues 1 & 2, but from issue 6 on it is Knights of Pendragon, not sure where it changes as I don't have 3-5 in my stock. I'm sure there are other cases like this, but have not really checked into it. I'm pretty sure I have seen other titles running like this, but didn't check into them at the time. If that policy was changed, fine I'll adapt, just wondered when this changed.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here.
sgriffin
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 4:06:21 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

You assume that someone:
1 - Had access to every issue in a certain title
2 - Checked all the indicia in every issue
3 - Armed with that information, decided not to list the issues according to the indicia but instead to lump them together under a single title
These are not usually valid assumptions.

What you're seeing is not policy - it's just that whoever added those issues - whenever they were added (which could have been YEARS ago or even before CCL started as CCL was initially populated from another data source) wasn't aware the indicia changed.

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 2:11:01 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

DaLeah96 wrote:

Having said that I must ask when it became policy to put all books in a run under one title even when the indicia changes during the run. Case in point is Pendragon (UK) which is Pendragon for issues 1 & 2, but from issue 6 on it is Knights of Pendragon, not sure where it changes as I don't have 3-5 in my stock. I'm sure there are other cases like this, but have not really checked into it. I'm pretty sure I have seen other titles running like this, but didn't check into them at the time. If that policy was changed, fine I'll adapt, just wondered when this changed.

Never. Unfortunately, as sgriffin said, this could have been done before the policy was established OR done inadvertently when the submitter and approver did not realize the title changed.

You are correct that they should be separate titles though. The only thing up for clarification still would be which issue the indicia changed. Ah, gotta love the consistency of publishers!