Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What T.V. Shows Do You Want To See Rebooted? Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 3:58:17 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I'd love to see a new Star Trek series, more than anything. It's been too long since Enterprise was cancelled, and the movies more than prove there is still plenty of life left in the franchise.

The sci-fi genre in general is really lacking on T.V. at the moment. I'd be happy with any decent sci-fi show. I know there's Defiance on right now, but that really hasn't wowed me. And CW's shows aren't really sci-fi at all, they're just teen romance disguised as such.

A reboot of Sliders would be cool to see, too. I loved that show while FOX was still carrying it, it had such a cool sense of exploration and discovery, and had a great cast. After the Sci-Fi Channel took over, though, the show sharply declined in quality and we lost John-Rhys Davies and Jerry O'Connel, the 2 best cast members.

I'd also love to see some GOOD DC Comics cartoons return. Cartoon Network's decision to cancel Green Lantern and Young Justice for the kiddie-version of Teen Titans is unforgivable. If I could have my dream, just make DC Nation a 2-hour block, and bring back Batman: TAS, Batman Beyond, Superman TAS, and Justice League Unlimited with all-new episodes. But that will probably never happen.

Oh, how about bringing back G4/TechTV Icons? Best video game T.V. show, EVER, IMO. Such a cool and entertaining way to learn about the history of the gaming industry. And there were still many subjects and franchises left unexplored by that show.

The return of Headbanger's Ball on MTV would be fantastic, as well. I'm a huge metal-head, and this was the best show on T.V. to see the latest metal videos, see interviews with bands, and the latest going-ons in the topsy-turvy world of metal.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 4:35:54 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Manimal
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:17:22 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Get a Life

I'm not cracking you, I'm talking about the Chris Elliott sitcom from the late 80's or early 90's?

The episode where he built a mail order submarine in his bathtub was hilariously surreal.

And while I'm on the subject I would love to see a Young Ones reboot as well.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

KingZombie
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:01:53 PM

Groups: Member

Great topic. Here are the shows I would like to see remade.

Mission: Impossible - won't happen as long as Cruise keeps making the movies but I never felt like the movies were true to the original series. The series was more about being sneaky and spy work that goes unnoticed than the shoot 'em up explosions of the movies. They also didn't focus on just one person in the team.

Green Hornet - I'd like to wipe away the memory of the Seth Rogen movie with a serious show like the 60's series was intended to be.

Airwolf - I loved this show. It would be great to bring it back in this era where it could be more of a military show than a covert agency hiring a lone wolf type. I imagine an elite military team with missions to hunt down terrorists.

Buck Rogers - Why anyone hasn't tried to redo this yet is beyond me. With today's special effects, this would be a real cool concept to turn into a series again. Bring this back while Gil Gerard is still alive to make a cameo!

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:42:33 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Get a Life

I'm not cracking you, I'm talking about the Chris Elliott sitcom from the late 80's or early 90's?

The episode where he built a mail order submarine in his bathtub was hilariously surreal.

I barely remember that show. I remember that in the beginning intro sequence he crashed his bike into a parked car, and that he was a loser living with his parents in his 30s still. And I think it was on the same night as In Living Color on FOX, IIRC. But that's about all I can recall about it.

Mchl0127
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 11:19:27 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

KingZombie wrote:
Great topic. Here are the shows I would like to see remade.

Airwolf - I loved this show. It would be great to bring it back in this era where it could be more of a military show than a covert agency hiring a lone wolf type. I imagine an elite military team with missions to hunt down terrorists.

BurningDoom wrote:
I'd love to see a new Star Trek series, more than anything. It's been too long since Enterprise was cancelled, and the movies more than prove there is still plenty of life left in the franchise.

A reboot of Sliders would be cool to see, too. I loved that show while FOX was still carrying it, it had such a cool sense of exploration and discovery, and had a great cast. After the Sci-Fi Channel took over, though, the show sharply declined in quality and we lost John-Rhys Davies and Jerry O'Connel, the 2 best cast members.

+ 1

The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 11:31:20 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Misfits of Science

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 11:51:48 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

A-Team
Airwolf

Mad Bloggings

kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:21:40 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Not really a reboot but I always thought a Conan show would be cool, kind of done like xena but better...I love the storylines, but original movies getting dated, and I didn't care much for the recent remake...
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 7:41:18 PM

kevscomics wrote:
Not really a reboot but I always thought a Conan show would be cool, kind of done like xena but better...I love the storylines, but original movies getting dated, and I didn't care much for the recent remake...

Arnold is coming back as Conan when he's an old king.

DRUMCZAR
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:05:11 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Dark Angel (Jessica Alba Rocked in this Series), Earth 2, Birds of Prey, Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, V, Greatest American Hero, Sliders.

THE HOOD, I think thats what it was called. It was only on for 1 season. It was about a cop that inherited a Cloak that gave him powers & he worked with a bunch of Carnival performers fighting crime

To name a few.

ADC PEACE!+

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:21:42 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Dark Angel was definitely one of those TV shows that got cancelled before it should have been.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:55:27 AM

Groups: Member

#1 Space 1999

#2 Quantum Leap

#3 The Greatest American Hero

Not in order would be happy with any 1 of the above.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 12:45:33 PM

Shop at My Store

KingZombie wrote:
Buck Rogers - Why anyone hasn't tried to redo this yet is beyond me. With today's special effects, this would be a real cool concept to turn into a series again. Bring this back while Gil Gerard is still alive to make a cameo!

Oh, hells yeah! The first season was classic space fantasy/adventure! I didn't like when they brought in the hawk-dude and replaced Mel Blanc as the voice of Twiki (bidi-bidi-bidi) but I still loved that show. Princess Ardala yum-yum!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 12:49:27 PM

Shop at My Store

DRUMCZAR wrote:
THE HOOD, I think thats what it was called. It was only on for 1 season. It was about a cop that inherited a Cloak that gave him powers & he worked with a bunch of Carnival performers fighting crime

What an awesome show that was! Not based on any comic book but sure looked like it. I was very disappointed when it was cancelled. Most of my favorite shows usually go that route Boo Hoo!

I kept hoping that the Sci-Fi channel or FX would pick it up but, alas, it appears to be gone forever.

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 1:06:53 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Get a Life

I barely remember that show. I remember that in the beginning intro sequence he crashed his bike into a crashed car, and that he was a loser living with his parents in his 30s still. And I think it was on the same night as In Living Color on FOX, IIRC. But that's about all I can recall about it.

Holy cow, Dude! That show was incredibly ahead of it's time. Nowadays you can't flip through two or three channels without stumbling across some show about morons but this was the ORIGINAL!

I can't even tell you how warped and bizarre the show was, I highly recommend getting the DVD of the complete series.

Here's a couple of the "plots" that I remember:

Chris and his neighbor (played by the ubiquitous Brian Doyle-Murray) start eating radioactive waste because it turns out that Chris can now spell ANY word correctly after doing so. Of course they decide to go on the National Spelling Bee Tour to make money while constantly eating the radiation. They end up getting totally mutated.

Chris gets a mail-order submarine that he builds in his bathtub. All you can see is the tub with this ridiculous sub taking up all the space. They get in, submerge, and navigate under water somewhere.

He adopts an alien called "Spew-y" because, well, it spews up everywhere.

He becomes a fashion model named "Bubbles"

Too many to remember but all extremely weird. The closest comparison I can think of is Workaholics.

Hall Liquidations