Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Man of Steel Early Screening! Options
Dreadnok01
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:05:23 PM

Groups: Member

My Girlfriend bought us tickets to a special screening of Man of Steel tonight. Before midnight showings even!! I'm pretty pumped!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
kisstour03
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 1:39:32 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

How did you like it?? I saw a midnight showing and I really enjoyed it. I'll leave the debates about the changes as they relate to the comics to others. I don't get all bent out of shape because they change something to fit in a movie. I liked the story and action sequences were pretty intense at times. A few nit picks but I'll live with them.
Dreadnok01
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 6:24:23 AM

kisstour03 wrote:
How did you like it?? I saw a midnight showing and I really enjoyed it. I'll leave the debates about the changes as they relate to the comics to others. I don't get all bent out of shape because they change something to fit in a movie. I liked the story and action sequences were pretty intense at times. A few nit picks but I'll live with them.

The couple of things I would've nitpicked about were so minor that I've already forgotten them. I loved this movie!! Great action, amazing visual effects, and fantastic story !!Applause Applause Applause
Xylob
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 7:42:26 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I was going to go to the midnight premiere here last night, but by 1130 I was falling asleep - no way I'm getting behind the wheel half asleep just to go pay $12 to take a 2 hour nap in public.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
kisstour03
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 9:44:34 AM

Dreadnok01 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

The couple of things I would've nitpicked about were so minor that I've already forgotten them. I loved this movie!! Great action, amazing visual effects, and fantastic story !!Applause Applause Applause

It was a totally different take on Sups from any other movie so far. I like how they told his origin.
icarus201
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 9:46:07 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

kisstour03 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

It was a totally different take on Sups from any other movie so far. I like how they told his origin.

So, d'you think it'll be a box-office hit?

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
kisstour03
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 10:35:55 AM

icarus201 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

I really hope so. I'd like to see where they take it. I'm positive that hardcore "comic guys", or which I'm one for sure, are going to be really critical. I've stopped bellyaching about superhero movies and try to enjoy them for what they are. Which is someones interpretation of a character. And that's not really any different than when a new writer takes over say Batman or Fantastic Four.

But a big hit? For sure I guess. It's a Superman movie that's had a ton of hype. It can't help but do well.
icarus201
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 11:50:11 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

kisstour03 wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

I really hope so. I'd like to see where they take it. I'm positive that hardcore "comic guys", or which I'm one for sure, are going to be really critical. I've stopped bellyaching about superhero movies and try to enjoy them for what they are. Which is someones interpretation of a character. And that's not really any different than when a new writer takes over say Batman or Fantastic Four.

But a big hit? For sure I guess. It's a Superman movie that's had a ton of hype. It can't help but do well.

Anyone remember Superman Returns? Anxious

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 1:39:30 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

icarus201 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

Still did big money - almost $400 million worldwide. Just because it's not actually a good movie, doesn't make it's not a financial "box-office hit."

Early critic reviews of Man of Steel are that a mixed bag at best. Even the positive reviews are fairly backhanded or at least acknowledge being dismissive of (apparently) major flaws.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
kisstour03
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 2:14:03 PM

icarus201 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

Superman Returns was one of those movie for me I liked it better when I watched it a second time a few years after it came out.
Dreadnok01
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 3:25:11 PM

icarus201 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

I personally think the bar has been raised yet again for box office gold by this movie. There wasn't even a whole lot for the hardcore nerds ( myself included ) to (banned) and moan about. And there were sooo many of the type of people who love the summer blockbuster there last night that I'm sure will spread the word to their friends.
Dreadnok01
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 3:29:55 PM

kisstour03 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

I think that's one of the things I loved about it. Nobody needs to see the same old origin of Superman story again. EVERYONE already knows it.
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 9:15:25 PM

Dreadnok01 wrote:

I think that's one of the things I loved about it. Nobody needs to see the same old origin of Superman story again. EVERYONE already knows it.

that was my problem with it and 99% of all superhero movies made today, if you already know the origin why have it in the movie. It is a great waste of time that would be better used building characters or the plot.

I think studios and writers add in origins so they dont actually have to write an entire movie.

2 spiderman origins
3 superman origins
2 batman origins or is it 3
etc etc

waste of time. Still was much better movie then the last one.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

rook68
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:21:56 AM

Loved the movie. I thought it was a good representation of Superman. Totally did the greatest superhero ever justice. Even though I tried not to get all caught up in the hype and just watch the movie. I was very happy with the results. I am ready to watch it again.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:00:39 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Saw it last night. It was one of those rare movies that Made me mad when it was over, because i could have sat and watched it all night.

Phenomenal.
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:34:19 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I just got back from Man of Steel with my dad for Father's day. It was stunning, action-packed, had ton of amazing special effects, and a helluva of story. It was simply astonishing.

You HAVE to go see this movie. I think Henry Cavill just became this generation's Superman. I daresay it was even better than Avengers.

The one and only complaint I had about it is: What was with the shaky camera? For high-energy action scenes, it makes sense, but it was shaky even in scenes that was nothing more than talking heads. Could we not afford a tripod?

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

4saken1
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2013 8:34:33 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Not being a huge Superman fan, I thought the movie was great! By far the best Superman movie yet. Cavill's appearance and physique are perfectly suited to portray Superman, and his acting wasn't half bad, either.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

sgriffin
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 8:09:10 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

I was with the movie up until the big fight scenes. Superman showed a total disregard for the safety of those around him during those fights. Shot after shot of him punching one bad guy or another through occupied buildings - it's hard not to think people died every time he did that. They could have shown that he was at least *trying* to save people, that he *tried* to take the fights somewhere else. But because he didn't care, I didn't really care when we got to the last scene with Zod. He can do whatever he wants there - he's not Superman.

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
Dreadnok01
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 6:23:35 PM

4saken1 wrote:
Not being a huge Superman fan, I thought the movie was great! By far the best Superman movie yet. Cavill's appearance and physique are perfectly suited to portray Superman, and his acting wasn't half bad, either.

I was almost afraid to make this exact statement, then I re-watched the original. As hard as it is to top that classic I feel like Man Of Steel is now THE Superman flick!
rook68
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:54:26 PM

Okay. I am ready to watch Man Of Steel again. I am going to go this Friday. Now that it has been almost 2 weeks.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson