Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
How do you keep a cat out of a houseplant? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 11:36:13 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

This critter was born in an alley to a stray cat that I take care of. One of many, actually. The neighborhood kids call me The Crazy Cat Guy. That's fine with me as long as it keeps them out of my yard.

I gave away most of the litter and got the mom spayed. I just had to keep this one. He's got two different colored eyes, one green and the other gray. My girlfriend wants to call him Puck which I'm not opposed to but I've been calling him Squirt because of the way he darts around.

I've got him litter trained but recently we have noticed that he also likes to use the potted plants, specifically an indoor tree in a 15-20 gallon pot. That's the only other place we've noticed him going and we would like to dissuade that practice. Does anyone know any good tricks to keep him out of there?

He's almost three months old at this point. You can tell from the ears that he's got some growing to do!
"/>

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 11:43:19 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Cats hate pepper. Put some of that into the soil, or on top and should keep him out.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicscastle
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 12:03:28 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Was he going to the bathroom or spraying to mark his territory? Spraying can turn in to a real problem.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 12:14:07 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
Was he going to the bathroom or spraying to mark his territory? Spraying can turn in to a real problem.

It was #2. He hasn't started spraying yet. We are going to take him in for neutering as soon as he gets to 2 lbs. That should, ahem, nip that in the bud.

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
Khaine
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 1:52:03 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

pepper works. i used to mix it in a spray bottle with so it would get on the leaves/.
Xylob
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 3:22:45 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

As Nate and Khaine stated, go with spicy.
Bigger garden centers &/or those located in more rural areas should have a spray that's designed to keep deer and rabbits away - it's made from the oils of hot peppers.

It doesn't matter if it's 50 Cents or 50 Dollars - if you list it as NM it better be NM.
Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!

Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
kisstour03
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 7:44:16 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I got nuttin. We can't keep plants alive long enough in my house for the cats to get into them Laughing so have never had to worry about it.

We love cats here too. We have four. Three of which are watching me as I type this waiting for breakfast. The fourth is blind and slowly making her way in here for same said breakfast. it wouldn't be the same without them.
MER
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:39:13 PM

Groups: Member

I keep plants out of reach because my cat has a habit of nibbling on them. I remembered she was sick for weeks and then I realized it was the weird looking plants on the lanai she was chewing on whenever she was outside.

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"
JimmmKelly
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:47:29 AM

I once heard that to keep cats from scratching your couch you should put balloons on the couch. After a few times of popping the balloons, the cat is so scared that it doesn't want to go near the couch. I've never tried it, but I suppose you could do the same with a house plant--stick some balloons close to the plant and see what happens.

MY FAVOURITE FUNNIES
pottersan
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:35:29 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Did any one mention shooting the cat? Devil

Seriously, not sure.

I would like to know, becuase some stray cats seem to have taken to releiving themselves in our outdoor plants....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:01:31 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

JimmmKelly wrote:
I once heard that to keep cats from scratching your couch you should put balloons on the couch. After a few times of popping the balloons, the cat is so scared that it doesn't want to go near the couch. I've never tried it, but I suppose you could do the same with a house plant--stick some balloons close to the plant and see what happens.

That's messed up, but hilarious! Laughing

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ukblueky
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:59:25 PM

My grandmother would put mothballs in her flower beds outside to keep cats out of them. So if the pepper doesn't work try that.

Atilla2k
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:41:41 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

ukblueky wrote:
My grandmother would put mothballs in her flower beds outside to keep cats out of them. So if the pepper doesn't work try that.

Mothballs are POISON! DO NOT USE!

I (we) have 6 cats and short of putting a tall fence around 'em you my friend are S.O.L.