Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
The Wolverine Options
rook68
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 9:59:41 PM

Groups: Member

I am still seeing a lot of haters on posts for the new Wolverine movie. Is the there anyone on CCL that thinks this movie will be any good? I want it to be an awesome flick but I have my doubts. I am encouraged by the recent previews. The train fight looked pretty good. But one action sequence doesn't make a great movie.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 12:22:05 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Have they even released a second full-length trailer yet? The fact that there's been so few trailers this late in the game has me worried. I mean, the guys that create these trailers are pros at making the worst movies look like the best movies ever. And yet they haven't been releasing any.

Honestly, I thought the trailers that came out for the first movie were a lot more compelling than the one I've seen for this new movie. And that's not a good sign.
Nate77
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:01:04 AM

Thundercron wrote:
Have they even released a second full-length trailer yet? The fact that there's been so few trailers this late in the game has me worried. I mean, the guys that create these trailers are pros at making the worst movies look like the best movies ever. And yet they haven't been releasing any.

Honestly, I thought the trailers that came out for the first movie were a lot more compelling than the one I've seen for this new movie. And that's not a good sign.

I agree, i will check it out no matter what but the trailers for this so far are pretty low key. I'm hoping there trying to hide something good. Wishful thinking i know....

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
MER
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:35:24 PM

i want to see it and I don't see what's wrong with the trailers. I'm still trying to pinpoint the timeframe though...

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"
Reggie
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:44:00 PM

MER wrote:
i want to see it and I don't see what's wrong with the trailers. I'm still trying to pinpoint the timeframe though...

I believe it takes place after X-Men 3: The Last Stand.

Khaine
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:32:57 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

I don't care what people say in reviews, I think alot of people just like to say bad things so they feel important about themselves.

I plan on going to see it and if it can keep me entertained for however long it is, its a good movie in my mind. If it keeps me in my seat the whole movie (no bathroom breaks or popcorn refills) then it was a great movie.

As to the time frame, I gave up trying to figure out any marvel movies because they just change stuff so much it's not even worth trying to figure out how it works in with the other movies. just best to sit back and enjoy what your watching and not to get all bent out of shape when they do a 180 on your favorite character or storyline.
barney
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:59:38 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

So anybody go see this yet?

teh_longinator
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 11:08:55 PM

barney wrote:
So anybody go see this yet?

My brother has. He's not a huge comic nerd or anything, but he says it's pretty good.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Shadowdodger
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 11:42:26 PM

I really want to see it. I have high hopes for this movie.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
barney
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:08:50 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I saw it yesterday afternoon. It was alright (probably a little better than I was expecting).
They did however really mess up some things, I won't spoil anything here but if you see it you'll know what I'm talking about.
I'd say it's better than Wolverine: Origins and The Last Stand, but that's about it.
Either way if you go, stay for the mid-credits scene at the end it's possibly the best scene in the movie.

padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 7:04:44 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

barney wrote:
I saw it yesterday afternoon. It was alright (probably a little better than I was expecting).
They did however really mess up some things, I won't spoil anything here but if you see it you'll know what I'm talking about.
I'd say it's better than Wolverine: Origins and The Last Stand, but that's about it.
Either way if you go, stay for the mid-credits scene at the end it's possibly the best scene in the movie.

+1 to all of this. It's like you took the words right out of my mouth.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:39:21 AM

I liked it. My favorite X-related movie by far. But I've hated everything else, so take that for what it's worth.

inhumanking
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:06:22 AM

i'm 43, and ever since the original 4 issue mini, wolvie's been my favorite marvel character. i haven't always loved how they handle the character, but that comes with the territory. i have 95% of his appearances and have read it all.

for the most part i've enjoyed the movies too.

this one was an utter disappointment. it seemed they took a list of characters, plot lines and images from years of comics and blended and shredded them up together and baked @ 300 deg F for 2 hours. that could've worked, but the pacing was slow, which enhanced the plot holes. some cool scenes, but an overall failure.

almost as bad as iron man 3.

fenix1977
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 12:34:02 AM

All I have to say...is good lord Famke Janssen is still freaking hot. Well that and the action sequences are well done.

Mad Bloggings

Khaine
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 8:26:34 AM

inhumanking wrote:
i'm 43, and ever since the original 4 issue mini, wolvie's been my favorite marvel character. i haven't always loved how they handle the character, but that comes with the territory. i have 95% of his appearances and have read it all.

Miller and Clairmont work on that mini was great. I didn't like where wolvie went towards the tail end of Clairmont's reign and really never was able to get back into the character since.

the movies are entertaining, as long as you go in knowing everything you ever knew about the subject of the movie will not be in the movie.
jhorsley3
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 9:05:51 AM

Shop at My Store

I enjoyed it, a lot actually. Yeah there where plot holes, yeah there where massive differences from the comics and I could spend hours with it, or any super-hero movie, and tear it apart for what was wrong, but I try not to. I try to just enjoy the movies for what they are.

It was great to see Femke in the movie as I wasn't expecting that (I try not to look at the IMDB lists so I get surprised when something like that happens).

The mid credits scene was awesome.

My only real gripe with the movie was the f-bomb dropped by Wolverine as it felt completely out of place, just as it did in First Class.

Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics
inhumanking
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 9:15:41 AM

Khaine wrote:
the movies are entertaining, as long as you go in knowing everything you ever knew about the subject of the movie will not be in the movie.

for me, these aren't mutually exclusive. i learned at a very early age that tv/film adaptations are just that... ADAPTATIONS. on some level, i've enjoyed most of the marvel films, and i never expect completely faithful (or even remotely faithful) versions of the source material. despite this, IMO, iron man 3 and the wolverine were UNentertaining train wrecks. this is in reference to the films overall, not on one specific aspect. when poor writing, slow/choppy pacing and questionable directing/editing are painfully evident, it makes the plot holes & continuity difference stand out even more.

BruceReville
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 9:55:48 AM

Saw it yesterday and I liked it, but quickly forgettable.

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

KingZombie
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 7:04:32 PM

Saw it last Saturday and I thought it sucked. Too long, too slow, too tedious, lame special effects and nothing very original in the fight scenes.

I haven't seen Wolverine properly portrayed on the big screen since X-Men 2.
4saken1
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 7:43:09 PM

Shop at My Store

I saw it on Sunday. IMO, this was not one of the better recent Marvel movies. The scene after the credits did a lot to make up for what I would deem a subpar film, though.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).