Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
I'm running into a problem while trying to add a new title to the magazine database Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:49:17 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,226
Points: 59,356
Location: Redding, CA
So I'm trying to add some titles to the Magazine database, and I get this error message:


Quote:
Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: PublisherID

To contact customer support, use MidTen's Customer Service Contact Form or call (615) 264-4747
continue...


When I try to click the link to "Midten's Customer Service Contact Form", it's a broken link.

So what does this all mean?

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Jim
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:51:29 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,407
Points: 10,096,191
Location: Everett, WA
What publisher are you trying to assign to it?
comicscastle
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:54:17 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Joined: 1/30/2008
Posts: 14,819
Points: 402,446
Location: New Jersey
did you enter a publisher from the publisher list?



The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar


BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:54:39 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,226
Points: 59,356
Location: Redding, CA
Jim wrote:
What publisher are you trying to assign to it?


None, because it doesn't exist in the database, yet. I wrote it in the caption section, "EGM Media, LLC"

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Jim
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 4:02:00 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,407
Points: 10,096,191
Location: Everett, WA
Oh, you probably need to add the new Publisher first. Then you can add the title.
comicscastle
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 4:03:39 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Joined: 1/30/2008
Posts: 14,819
Points: 402,446
Location: New Jersey
BurningDoom wrote:
Jim wrote:
What publisher are you trying to assign to it?


None, because it doesn't exist in the database, yet. I wrote it in the caption section, "EGM Media, LLC"
You have to get the publisher approved first. In the "SEARCH LIBRARY" section to the left click on Publisher and then the green + to add the publisher. Then send me a PM and I'll approve it for you.



The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar


BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 4:23:49 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,226
Points: 59,356
Location: Redding, CA
comicscastle wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Jim wrote:
What publisher are you trying to assign to it?


None, because it doesn't exist in the database, yet. I wrote it in the caption section, "EGM Media, LLC"
You have to get the publisher approved first. In the "SEARCH LIBRARY" section to the left click on Publisher and then the green + to add the publisher. Then send me a PM and I'll approve it for you.


Thanks! Done.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 4:28:53 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 10/8/2007
Posts: 1,459
Points: 80,331
Location: NY
I took care of it. Someone also did your Signal Research just as I was going to approve it too, so you should be good to go.

betaswitch
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 11:32:11 PM

Rank: Vigilante
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 3/23/2007
Posts: 95
Points: 2,003
Location: Blaine, WA
Why would gaming magazines be put into a comic database? Let's add People and O. Time Out
padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:56:39 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Joined: 5/6/2007
Posts: 4,018
Points: 401,270
Location: Bangor, Michigan
betaswitch wrote:
Why would gaming magazines be put into a comic database? Let's add People and O. Time Out

Several of us happen to agree with you on the ridiculousness of gaming mags being added to the DB. However, somewhere along the line, some got in (I believe under the idea that since they are sometimes sold in brick and mortar comic stores, they must be okay to add) and now we have a precedent.

"My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it." Brennan Manning

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 12:59:45 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 10/8/2007
Posts: 1,459
Points: 80,331
Location: NY
padreglcc wrote:
Several of us happen to agree with you on the ridiculousness of gaming mags being added to the DB. However, somewhere along the line, some got in (I believe under the idea that since they are sometimes sold in brick and mortar comic stores, they must be okay to add) and now we have a precedent.


Also the fact that there are a ton of superhero games and games that turn into comics....

SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:38:21 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 4/19/2007
Posts: 11,037
Points: 1,822,539
Location: PA
Atilla2k wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
Several of us happen to agree with you on the ridiculousness of gaming mags being added to the DB. However, somewhere along the line, some got in (I believe under the idea that since they are sometimes sold in brick and mortar comic stores, they must be okay to add) and now we have a precedent.


Also the fact that there are a ton of superhero games and games that turn into comics....

Barbie has superhero versions and had her own comics. We're not adding Barbies to the site.

I get that an argument can be made for their inclusion, but I just don't see it being a reasonable addition. How many game guides will follow? Let's, at least, wait to see what the new sister site that's been teased is all about (since it sounds video game oriented) before cluttering up this one.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:45:47 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 2,372
Points: 8,616
Location: Richmond, VA
SwiftMann wrote:
I get that an argument can be made for their inclusion, but I just don't see it being a reasonable addition. How many game guides will follow? Let's, at least, wait to see what the new sister site that's been teased is all about (since it sounds video game oriented) before cluttering up this one.

I've got piles of stuff that doesn't fit here that I am chomping at the bit to sell on that sister site. Pray

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.




Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 2:23:06 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 4/19/2007
Posts: 11,037
Points: 1,822,539
Location: PA
padreglcc wrote:
betaswitch wrote:
Why would gaming magazines be put into a comic database? Let's add People and O. Time Out

Several of us happen to agree with you on the ridiculousness of gaming mags being added to the DB. However, somewhere along the line, some got in (I believe under the idea that since they are sometimes sold in brick and mortar comic stores, they must be okay to add) and now we have a precedent.

And to be specific there are only 4 game mags in the database - three of which are incomplete listings (GamePro, Game Insider and Nintendo Power) and the fourth is a single issue title (Matrix Online).

Not particularly precedent setting and likely untouched since those first three were ported in years ago.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:30:17 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 10/8/2007
Posts: 1,459
Points: 80,331
Location: NY
SwiftMann wrote:
Barbie has superhero versions and had her own comics. We're not adding Barbies to the site.


But how will I catalog all my Barbies?... Winking

Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 2:42:23 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 11/13/2009
Posts: 1,541
Points: 138,598
Location: Indiana
Atilla2k wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Barbie has superhero versions and had her own comics. We're not adding Barbies to the site.


But how will I catalog all my Barbies?... Winking


I walked into my local comic shop this week, and he's got a large plastic storage tub full of unopened barbies. There's your "in the store" argument! :)
Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 2:45:05 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 10/8/2007
Posts: 1,459
Points: 80,331
Location: NY
Tamwood wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Barbie has superhero versions and had her own comics. We're not adding Barbies to the site.


But how will I catalog all my Barbies?... Winking


I walked into my local comic shop this week, and he's got a large plastic storage tub full of unopened barbies. There's you're "in the store" argument! :)


HAHaHa, Priceless!

Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.843 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231