Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Thank You Options
dunleavy75
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 7:51:37 AM

Groups: Member

Not sure if this is the right spot, so if a mod would move it to the appropriate spot, that'd be great. I just wanted to acknowledge the excellent service I've received for the last few years from Pat (ComicsCastle). He's been my new comic guy, back issue aficionado, and ear to listen to anything I wanted to talk about, even non-comic related stuff. He's retiring now and I just wanted to let him and everyone else know how much I appreciate all he's done for me and comics in general. Applause Applause Applause

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
Alarion
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 8:46:42 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Only a customer for a short while, but his service was top-notch! Applause
inhumanking
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 8:49:44 AM

i'll echo all of this. it's only been a couple of years, but Pat's customer service has been second to none. he perfectly demonstrated the difference between a 'Business' and a 'Labor of Love'. this was punctuated by his going above and beyond every time in the name of customer service. i'm sad to lose his service, but very happy he's making changes to take care of himself. Applause
jhorsley3
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 8:57:04 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I only dealt with Pat a little, but I can echo the above.
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:36:19 PM

Pat, as I've told you already. You are the man! Thank you for everything! I'm thankful just to know you.

Reggie
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:33:46 PM

Applause As stated above, it was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to do business with such a top notch seller and a perfect example of a true friend. Thanks for everything. Big Hug

kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:37:44 PM

Alarion wrote:
Only a customer for a short while, but his service was top-notch! Applause

Yup me too, Thanks Pat!
rook68
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:00:04 PM

I have bought from Comic Castle for two years. No big dollar transactions but enjoyed the service and the comics that I have purchased. Thank you for taking care of my comic book needs.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 3:07:20 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

dunleavy75 wrote:
Not sure if this is the right spot, so if a mod would move it to the appropriate spot, that'd be great. I just wanted to acknowledge the excellent service I've received for the last few years from Pat (ComicsCastle). He's been my new comic guy, back issue aficionado, and ear to listen to anything I wanted to talk about, even non-comic related stuff. He's retiring now and I just wanted to let him and everyone else know how much I appreciate all he's done for me and comics in general. Applause Applause Applause

Pat's not leaving CCL is he? Comics are something to do WHEN you retire, it's kind of like saying you're retiring from golf. Maybe he's just giving up some of the day-to-day stuff. I assume Comics Castle is an actual store in NJ?

also top rated plus with all 5.0's as ideaman33
grading guaranteed within 1/2 point
comicscastle
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:13:02 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
dunleavy75 wrote:

Pat's not leaving CCL is he? Comics are something to do WHEN you retire, it's kind of like saying you're retiring from golf. Maybe he's just giving up some of the day-to-day stuff. I assume Comics Castle is an actual store in NJ?
No, I'm not leaving CCL and no, I'm not an actual store. I am just an internet store and a subscription service. I am ending the subscription service part of my business except for the 7 customers that live close enough to pick up in person. I had to drop the other 33 customers due to failing health. My business had grown to about $15,000 per month at retail and the problems that go along with a business of that size was just too much for me (packing, shipping, getting paid, bagging & boarding etc). I am the kind of guy that stresses over the little things and that led to a minor heart attack. That along with complication with my diabetes and my arthritis forced me to take a step back. It'll mean less money but hopefully it will also mean a better quality of life.

I want to thank all my now ex-subscribers for their kind thoughts and understanding. I haven't heard from all my subscribers, but every one that isn't in the process of stiffing me for the books they ordered has wished me well and said some very nice things about me and my service. You guys aren't customers...you're friends. Thank you all so very much and I'm still around if you need me.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Spider-Man
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 7:24:55 AM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

I have only been a subscriber of Pat's for a short while, but the service was second to none. I will miss that, but will continue to shop at his CCL store which is staying open.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

kisstour03
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 11:30:12 AM

I've had a couple of transactions with Pat since I started buying here earlier this year. He's awesome. Take care of yourself Pat. We want to keep you around for a good long time yet.