Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Collecting » Collecting, General Discussion » Turok Son of Stone - bag size?
Alarion
Friday, August 02, 2013 12:22:36 PM
Groups: Member
So, these are Silver Age by date, but sized much bigger. I picked a few off ebay several months ago, as I start dabbling in older comics. I never thought about the size of them, so of course I don't have the proper bags/boards. I went ahead and ordered golden age bags/boards off ebay the other day w/o even thinking "hey smartass, maybe you should measure the comic itself". So, if anyone knows (Pat maybe?) - will these books fit inside a Golden Age bag, or do I need to move up to Magazine or something?

I'm talking about this series:
icarus201
Friday, August 02, 2013 12:25:11 PM
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Yeah, Pat's definitely your man for this subject.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Friday, August 02, 2013 12:28:49 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I've got a few of those. They fit snugly in Golden size B&B's. Magazine bags let them shift around too much for me.
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Hall Liquidations

Alarion
Friday, August 02, 2013 12:30:43 PM
thanks! Still wouldn't mind hearing from Pat as I know this is one of his collecting focuses. :)
MoonKnight1
Friday, August 02, 2013 1:01:44 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
You're right, I'm no Pat. He knows more about this than me. He was born in the stone age after all!Laughing

I bet he still has one of those cars where you gotta stick your feet through the bottom to make it go.
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Hall Liquidations

comicscastle
Friday, August 02, 2013 2:33:14 PM
Golden age should work fine depending on the bag company. Some sell Golden Age and Thick Golden Age. The thick are supposed to be for the early Golden Age books but then they make the regular Golden Age slightly smaller than other suppliers.

You should have said something to me earlier. I could have sold you a small supply of bags and boards so you wouldn't have had to order full packs.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

Alarion
Friday, August 02, 2013 4:07:32 PM
comicscastle wrote:
Golden age should work fine depending on the bag company. Some sell Golden Age and Thick Golden Age. The thick are supposed to be for the early Golden Age books but then they make the regular Golden Age slightly smaller than other suppliers.

You should have said something to me earlier. I could have sold you a small supply of bags and boards so you wouldn't have had to order full packs.

Thanks for the confirmation, not that I doubted MoonKnight. I plan to get some more books this size, so I am sure they will be used. Eventually ;)

While I have y'alls ear, Savage Sword of Conan - I had an issue or two of this, I think in grade school. Don't have them anymore - were these similar sized to Turok or were they true "magazine" size? I am going to be looking into those soon as well.
jhorsley3
Friday, August 02, 2013 4:19:26 PM
Alarion wrote:

While I have y'alls ear, Savage Sword of Conan - I had an issue or two of this, I think in grade school. Don't have them anymore - were these similar sized to Turok or were they true "magazine" size? I am going to be looking into those soon as well.

They are mag sized. I have a box or two of them still I'll be posting at some point. But yeah, they are true magazine sized.
Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics