Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
WWE Fan Council Options
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 10:48:30 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Somehow I got onto the WWE "fan council" and they periodically send me surveys about different issues concerning their product. Allegedly people are able to win gift cards for WWE Shop for filling these things out. I take the time to do so, in part on the off chance I may actually get one of the cards, and also because I am a huge WWE fan and hope that maybe by some slim chance the surveys are actually being read and some changes will be made if enough people have issues with the same things that I do (I can't be the only one that can't stand Daniel Bryan).

What is starting to get on my nerves is that today I did a 5th survey regarding that "Total Divas" reality show. Obviously they haven't read my previous surveys because I consistently answer "will not watch" , "do not watch", and "I don't like reality shows" yet they still send me the same freaking survey.

Sorry to take up forum space on this but I needed to vent my fustrations a little bit.

crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:03:44 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I will have to say that I am of the exact opposite opinion of Bryan as I think he, like Punk, is exactly what WWE needs.

Also, I'll have to admit that I have been watching Total Divas, because the wife wants to, and since she watches the regular shows with me I can't really argue.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Spider-Man 2099, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Avengers & X-Men: AXIS, AXIS: Hobgoblin, Q2: Return of Quantum & Woody, Super Secret Crisis War, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT/Ghostbusters

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:06:54 AM

Daniel Bryan is probably THE best thing WWE has going for it. When be beats Cena this weekend, all hell will break loose.

A Bryan/Ziggler feud would be awesome.
crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:31:53 AM

Tamwood wrote:
A Bryan/Ziggler feud would be awesome.

+100

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Spider-Man 2099, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Avengers & X-Men: AXIS, AXIS: Hobgoblin, Q2: Return of Quantum & Woody, Super Secret Crisis War, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT/Ghostbusters

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:22:03 PM

I knew I was in the minority on the Daniel Bryan thing. I get how CM Punk and Ambrose have their followers and I enjoy both of those guy's matches. However, Bryan just seems so slow in the ring to me to be believable. No issue with him being small (I like HBK, Mysterio, Jericho, Punk, and Ambrose), just how long he takes to put on whatever his version of the Crossface is currently being called, and several other moves. I just want to be able to totally buy into what I am seeing on TV. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a job but I don't see him as the man to headline your company. Put the IC, US, or tag belts on him but not the World Title. Even though it may seem as though I am, I'm truly not wanting to start an argument on the merits of Daniel Bryan, for that I would troll Wrestling Inc. or other similar sites just to get people fired up.

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:26:25 PM

I can't bring myself to watch the Divas show. I find the "reality" show format so hard to watch and stay awake. One thing though, at least WWE has admitted to certain aspects of the show being "scripted" to highten drama. Better than all those other "reality" shows that want you to believe that it's all real (Survivor, Big Brother, Summer Camp, basically anything currently on MTV, etc.)

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:02:00 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Really?

Bryan is a good wrestler, no doubt. But those ridiculous "Yes" and "No" chants are about as annoying as it gets and kills any potential he has, IMO. I know wrestling is supposed to be low-brow, but come on, it's not supposed to be Sesame Street level!

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Inking_Zanziber
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:46:02 PM

jbeeman85 wrote:
I can't bring myself to watch the Divas show. I find the "reality" show format so hard to watch and stay awake. One thing though, at least WWE has admitted to certain aspects of the show being "scripted" to highten drama. Better than all those other "reality" shows that want you to believe that it's all real (Survivor, Big Brother, Summer Camp, basically anything currently on MTV, etc.)

I tried watching some of an episode last week. Other than Nikki Bella almost falling out of her top at every turn, it was boring as hell.

John "Zanziber" Rogers - @ZanziberPoV

Zanziber's Point Of View

Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:45:07 PM

Bryan is a crowd favorite. That's why the crowd chants Yes! whenever he's out there. It's no worse than the crowd chanting "Let's go Cena" or "Cena Sucks" or "Ice Cream" at CM Punk.

I personally don't understand the appeal of the Wyatt family. The ring entrance is annoying as hell ... the 5 minute crawl to the ring in the dark with THE most boring music in WWE history. And haven't we seen enough of the cult-leader types?

Maybe if the one guy wrestled with the sheep-mask on the whole match, I'd be interested.
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 6:42:47 AM

BurningDoom wrote:
Really?

Bryan is a good wrestler, no doubt. But those ridiculous "Yes" and "No" chants are about as annoying as it gets and kills any potential he has, IMO. I know wrestling is supposed to be low-brow, but come on, it's not supposed to be Sesame Street level!

I find the "yes" or "no" chants extremely annoying too. Some of these chants once they begin will never go away, such as chanting "what" after everything a heel says, or shouting "Wooo" anytime someone backhands someone else in the chest. Hopefully the "yes/no" thing will be one of the ones that disappear.

Maybe I would be able to buy into Bryan more if it wasn't for his extremely annoying gimmick.

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 6:49:18 AM

Tamwood wrote:
I personally don't understand the appeal of the Wyatt family. The ring entrance is annoying as hell ... the 5 minute crawl to the ring in the dark with THE most boring music in WWE history. And haven't we seen enough of the cult-leader types?

Maybe if the one guy wrestled with the sheep-mask on the whole match, I'd be interested.

I'm a little curious as to where they're going with the Wyatt family. Though it seems as though they are trying to recycle something similar to Undertaker's Ministry of Darkness. I'm going to have to wait and see how they handle matches against legitimate opponents on the WWE level and not just a squash match to draw out Kane.

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 7:00:24 AM

Inking_Zanziber wrote:

I tried watching some of an episode last week. Other than Nikki Bella almost falling out of her top at every turn, it was boring as hell.

Yeah, every reality show that I have seen even just a few minutes of has been boring to me. The format is awful. Some story with crappy camera work. Then an interview style thing where the character tells the audience what just happened. The boredom factor must be why all these shows seem to have extremely attractive people wearing next to nothing and doing things on TV that most would be ashamed to do in public.

Side note, it seems like a new car is not the only thing that Cena may have bought Nikki.Whistle

BruceReville
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 7:38:38 AM

Groups: Member

jbeeman85 wrote:
Inking_Zanziber wrote:

Yeah, every reality show that I have seen even just a few minutes of has been boring to me. The format is awful. Some story with crappy camera work. Then an interview style thing where the character tells the audience what just happened. The boredom factor must be why all these shows seem to have extremely attractive people wearing next to nothing and doing things on TV that most would be ashamed to do in public.

Side note, it seems like a new car is not the only thing that Cena may have bought Nikki.Whistle

Laughing

Dancing
(.)(.)

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:18:37 PM

I just started watching this week's Raw, but great news to start the show!

John Cena will be away from the WWE for 4-6 months! Woo hoo!

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:49:48 AM

Had to share this. In the real world of wrestling, Daniel Bryan has nothing to cry about. Karma, it will come back and kick you in the balls. Or in this case, pedigree your butt and cost you the title.

img][[/img]

Tamwood
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:16:05 AM

I'm wondering who they're going to either a) bring into the picture or b) turn babyface here soon. ALL of their Champions are heels. Ziggler seems to have faded from the World Champion picture (for now). Damien Sandow, the #1 Contender for the World Title, has no feud or angle with the champ, is another heel, and is feuding with Cody Rhodes.

The Divas division is a mess. They need to either look to TNA for an idea of how to run a women's division, or they need to look at film of the Lita/Trish time, and copy THOSE matches (but not all the horrid gimmick matches -- bra & panty matches, for instance).

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:50:03 AM

The Divas division has gotten slightly better in the last few months. Maybe that Last Knockout Standing match between Gail and Taryn woke some people up at WWE Headquarters. Sucks for TNA that Taryn is now pregnant (or at least that's what I heard), they lost a wrestler that far exceeded my expectations. WWE needs to let Natalya have a decent run at the title and not keep her stuck in junk promoting a reality show or dancing with a giant and a midget.

The AJ and Kaitlyn feud is probably the best thing the Diva's division has had since Trish and Lita left. At least it's better than all the Diva storylines centering on the models that tried using the Diva Search to launch their modeling/acting careers.

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:57:17 AM

As far as the world title goes, I have no clue who they're going to put into that spot. They first need to just unify the titles because the World Title on Smackdown is basically just a glorified IC belt, and the rosters of Raw and Smackdown go from show to show so often now that there doesn't seem to be a difference anymore. That would help a little bit by having everyone go for one belt instead of the same 3 or 4 guys going for the belt on whatever roster they're supposedly assigned to.

I can't think of any logical face turn coming from any of the heels. Especailly not one that will make people buy pay per-views and sell out arenas. Maybe there's somebody down in NXT that's worth bringing up. I haven't watched any NXT since I let my Hulu subscription expire back at the end of April and at that time everyone one I saw still had some fine tuning to do before bringing them up to the "big leagues".

BruceReville
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:29:41 PM

Groups: Member

Fan-Dan-Fo!

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:44:40 PM

I HATE THE YES AND NO CHANTS!!! It's really hard to take Daniel Bryan (Bryan Daniels) seriously as a championship contender when nearly all of his interviews and promos end up with him yelling YES! and NO! over and over again!

BTW, how freaking hot is Miss Tessmacher?