Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Feeback Rating suggestion needed Options
SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 1:25:30 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

So, if YOU made two orders in three months from a store and BOTH times a well-priced, hard(er)-to-find issue can't be found in the inventory, is it time for at least a Mortal rating?

Communication has been solid in both instances. With the first order there was a second screw-up that shipped, so I just skipped rating the store altogether.

As a fellow seller, I'm extra hesitant to pull the non-Hero trigger (preferring to just not rate), but this is legitimate sub-par store performance in my book.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
BruceReville
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 1:33:59 PM

Groups: Member

What did the store do to rectify the situation? Depending on how they responded to the error goes a long way.

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 1:55:34 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

We just don't leave the feedback. That way we don't have a target on our head as seller. The only time I leave mortal or villain is with my buyer account.

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
Xylob
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 5:54:59 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

BruceReville wrote:
What did the store do to rectify the situation? Depending on how they responded to the error goes a long way.
What he said.
That's great that they've been on top of the communication, but they're obviously not on top of their inventory/business.
What are they doing to make good on mistakes? Singular mistake is "sometimes $h!t happens", but it sounds like they're not learning from their mistakes - otherwise they wouldn't be making the same ones again.

Telling me you screwed up and doing something about it are two different things.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
kevscomics
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:51:24 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

If a seller doesn't have a book, they should offer you the chance to cancel the entire order before shipping, IMO, Because generally, I will buy whatever it takes to meet your(The Seller) free shipping requirement, but ultimately I the reason for the order was the book that now you don't have... That's what kills me, when I get a partial order, and the one I really wanted isn't there...
4saken1
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:30:07 AM

Shop at My Store

That's a tough one! I can't recommend leaving a 'Mortal', because it's something I've never done. It's frustrating, too, because sometimes the book(s) that are missing are the main reason you decided to place the order in the first place. There are a couple of Sellers on CCL that I try to avoid because I usually end up displeased when my order comes in, due to overgrading, missing books, or long delays in shipping. If you ever do decide to shop at that store again, send them a PM immediately after placing your order, letting them know that you would like a full refund if there are any books missing, or else you will leave them a much deserved 'Mortal'.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

lbej
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:53:35 AM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

For me, the issue is whether or not there's evidence the seller is lying about having misplaced/mislisted the book. I had an experience recently with a seller I'd bought from several times before that I found to be totally unacceptable. He listed a copy of Detective #880 (VERY tough book) for $2.50 and I bought it immediately. The seller messaged me to say that someone had just bought that book in his physical store and he hadn't had a chance to update the CCL inventory. I was suspicious because he'd JUST listed the book, but I let it go. A few days later he listed the same book for $30. Maybe he got another copy in stock immediately, but the circumstantial evidence was enough for me. Did I leave a mortal rating? No, because his cover story, however implausible, isn't impossible. Will I ever buy from his store again? No, because his story was fishy enough that I can't trust him to do right by me as a customer. I think he should have honored the sale, but if he felt he would be leaving too much money on the table and said so, I wouldn't be happy, but I would understand. Just don't lie about it.

I'm hesitant to leave mortal ratings, but I will if there's evidence of bad faith. Anyone can make mistakes, especially considering that lots of folks on CCL are running their shops as side businesses, and I won't leave a mortal rating for a mistake. I reserve villain ratings for thieves, so thankfully, I've had to leave just a handful of those over the years.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
lbej
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:59:01 AM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

kevscomics wrote:
If a seller doesn't have a book, they should offer you the chance to cancel the entire order before shipping, IMO, Because generally, I will buy whatever it takes to meet your(The Seller) free shipping requirement, but ultimately I the reason for the order was the book that now you don't have... That's what kills me, when I get a partial order, and the one I really wanted isn't there...

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I'd like to see this become CCL policy in some form or other. That may not be practical, but I'd certainly feel more secure as a buyer if I knew a sellers were barred from shipping a partial order without my consent.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:06:17 AM

Shop at My Store

Some detail of the two transactions:

Order #1 wrote:
Order Placed for 17 comics

Next Day: I asked to add another issue that was listed overnight, replied yes and may need to swap it out for a missing book anyway.

Day After Next: Confirmed no luck finding issue and would replace with another book, giving the difference back in cash with the shipment.

Week or so later, received the order and discovered an incorrect book - improper listing of a standard cover as a foil variant - and notified seller.

Day And A Half Later: Seller acknowledged error and I received refund for variant via PayPal

So, this pretty much was a red flag for a store with a pretty bad inventory and cataloging problem since 2 out of 17 (11.76% weren't actually in stock).

Fast forward three months and I decide to try again anyway as I had added some stuff to my Wish List that this store had at good prices, including the ONLY copy of the book that goes missing. A book that (and if they didn't already know I was specifically talking about them, they will now) they somewhat recently added to the database!

Order #2 wrote:
Order Placed for 10 comics

Three Days Later: PM received that a book is misfiled or stolen but they will recheck inventory when back in the store (which turns out to be today, Tuesday) and issue a refund if it's not found.
(rest of the story pending)

Now, to be perfectly honest, I missed the part about it not being until Tuesday that another inventory search will happen.

That said, and I've made this complaint before, why is it that at least half of the purchases I've made here always involve some kind of drama? From a mislisting of a variant to books without cards or posters to missing inventory to having to make PayPal claims (only once - against Brett's for a second trainwreck order meriting the lone Villain I've ever given). I should be able to make a purchase and have all the comics I ordered show up without ever communicating with the store once. And that should be the norm, meaning 90% of the time or more. And yet, half my orders have red refund amounts under them.

So, maybe my desire to give a Mortal before I've even had resolution on this is partly overall Buyer's frustration with multiple stores here.

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:17:28 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

You must be shopping at the wrong Stores...Winking Call Me

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:39:28 AM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
You must be shopping at the wrong Stores...Winking Call Me

If on only had more than 10 books (9 being $1) from my Wish List...

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:34:40 PM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:

Order #1 wrote:

Next Day: I asked to add another issue that was listed overnight, replied yes and may need to swap it out for a missing book anyway.

Day After Next: Confirmed no luck finding issue and would replace with another book, giving the difference back in cash with the shipment.

Week or so later, received the order and discovered an incorrect book - improper listing of a standard cover as a foil variant - and notified seller.

Day And A Half Later: Seller acknowledged error and I received refund for variant via PayPal

So, this pretty much was a red flag for a store with a pretty bad inventory and cataloging problem since 2 out of 17 (11.76% weren't actually in stock).

Fast forward three months and I decide to try again anyway as I had added some stuff to my Wish List that this store had at good prices, including the ONLY copy of the book that goes missing. A book that (and if they didn't already know I was specifically talking about them, they will now) they somewhat recently added to the database!

Order #2 wrote:

Three Days Later: PM received that a book is misfiled or stolen but they will recheck inventory when back in the store (which turns out to be today, Tuesday) and issue a refund if it's not found.

Now, to be perfectly honest, I missed the part about it not being until Tuesday that another inventory search will happen.

That said, and I've made this complaint before, why is it that at least half of the purchases I've made here always involve some kind of drama? From a mislisting of a variant to books without cards or posters to missing inventory to having to make PayPal claims (only once - against Brett's for a second trainwreck order meriting the lone Villain I've ever given). I should be able to make a purchase and have all the comics I ordered show up without ever communicating with the store once. And that should be the norm, meaning 90% of the time or more. And yet, half my orders have red refund amounts under them.

So, maybe my desire to give a Mortal before I've even had resolution on this is partly overall Buyer's frustration with multiple stores here.

I fell ya there. We run an inventory of what we have posted up aginst what we have biweekly to ensure that we are accurate. We have had the same bad buying experience from some sellers that offer the communication that we can pick other books or refund and the other books we pick they don't have those. So we just rely on our LCD to get other items. Maybe try stores that have solid feedback and care about the books they provide. I'm sorry to hear you going through so much with different stores.

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:51:36 PM

Shop at My Store

DivideAndConquer wrote:
Maybe try stores that have solid feedback and care about the books they provide.

The current store (with the two instances of bad inventory) has only 1 Mortal and no Villains with a TON of Heroes.

I just went through all the stores I've purchased from. Oddly enough, the one with far and away the largest Mortals and Villains I had no problem with. The two other poor performers (that are still here) I wrote off long ago. The rest have, what look like, great track records.

So, either I'm just the victim of bad luck with those stores or people are too timid in their reviews.

comicscastle
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:24:57 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:

The current store (with the two instances of bad inventory) has only 1 Mortal and no Villains with a TON of Heroes.
Sounds like me, but it isn't.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:48:11 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Sounds like me, but it isn't.

HA! You're right on both counts. Although, if it was you, I would have said 1 "nonsense" Mortal...

But in full disclosure, I've had several purchases from Pat and not a one of them required a refund or back and forth PMing.

I just wish I hadn't tapped out your story of all but a couple issues from my Wish List the last couple years.

SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:03:29 PM

Shop at My Store

UPDATE

Order #1 wrote:

Order #2 wrote:

Two More Days Later: Refund received via PayPal for single missing issue.

4saken1
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:57:58 PM

Shop at My Store

lbej wrote:
For me, the issue is whether or not there's evidence the seller is lying about having misplaced/mislisted the book. I had an experience recently with a seller I'd bought from several times before that I found to be totally unacceptable. He listed a copy of Detective #880 (VERY tough book) for $2.50 and I bought it immediately. The seller messaged me to say that someone had just bought that book in his physical store and he hadn't had a chance to update the CCL inventory. I was suspicious because he'd JUST listed the book, but I let it go. A few days later he listed the same book for $30.

From a Seller's standpoint, this is such a stupid thing to do! I would be more concerned with the loss of a potential repeat customer than any short term profit. Even if he did just pick up another copy, he should have offered to mail it to you or hold in case you want to place another order soon. I can't count how many times I've sold a book only to find out I could have probably gotten a lot more for it. Making mistakes and learning from them is what makes you a better person. Trying to make somebody else pay for ones own mistakes is just skeezy!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

yourplace2
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:35:31 AM

Shop at My Store

From reading this thread from start to finish, one thing kept coming up (since many of the posts repeated and quoted): The common theme in this from my perspective, and nI do not mean to offend, but the common thing is every store you are mentioning, is YOU!

YOU are trying to buy items that YOU know are hard to find (which means, the demand is also HIGH for those items. It is very likely it sold before YOU tried to buy it.

YOU say you know many sellers are doing this in their homes on the side, myself included. I have 10000+ comics in inventory in two rooms of my home. I am very organized because it is tough work moving long boxes around (but you have to)to find comics. One thing I admit myself is, new inventory doesn't get listed or sorted fast enough for me. I list them, then bag and board them, they file them. Sometimes, many times, it sells before I get it sorted. Then I can't find it among 100's of unsorted items. Anyway, I'm not perfect. Sometimes you misplace them, can't find them to fill an order, and later, it turns up.

Myself, I work a 45 hour work week, and completely run my comic store in my spare time. Every customer is priceless! Even demanding ones, who expect nothing but their own point of view in the purchase.

One of the biggest comic sellers out there, not on CCL thank god, is MIle High.
Buy from them, and every order will have OUT OF STOCK issues.

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:41:29 AM

Shop at My Store

UPDATE

Order #1 wrote:

Order #2 wrote:

Two More Days Later: Refund received via PayPal for single missing issue.

The Next Day: Issue found! Seller offered to send it free in a separate shipping. I offered to pay back the refunded amount.

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:07:22 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I'm sorry, but if you don't have the time to do it properly, don't waste your time and anybody else's by doing it half-assed.
As for this:
yourplace2 wrote:
One of the biggest comic sellers out there, not on CCL thank god, is MIle High.
Buy from them, and every order will have OUT OF STOCK issues.
I've made well over 100 orders from their site and this has only happened to me twice. That's not exactly "every order".

I know it's fun and popular to villify MH, but over-exaggeration isn't necessary.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?