Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NCAA Football Options
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 2:07:15 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

We are just one week away from real football starting. College football is, in my opinion, far superior to the NFL. There seems to be more passion from the coaches, players and fans in the college world than in the pros. Every week is do or die and you only get one guaranteed shot a year at your rivals (exception to this rule would be Conference championship or bowl games).

Hopefully my Tennessee Volunteers will actually show up this year. Butch Jones has lit a fire in the program and excitement is at a point it hasn't been in years. This season I look for more of a rebuilding year but I still see a bowl game, maybe the Peach or Gator Bowl (due to sponsorships the bowl names aren't exact). Hopefully the team plays up to their potential this season. Then, for next year hope all those recruits for 2014 (currently top 5 class in the nation) actually sign and are as good as projected.

Go Vols!!! Let's play Rocky Top so much the other teams gets it stuck in their heads.

Who's your favorite team? Please keep this thread courteous and free of taunts. All are welcome to pitch in their thoughts (even Bama and Gator fans).
BruceReville
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 5:39:28 PM

Groups: Member

I was all with you until you welcomed Gator and 'Bama fans ---- Hunker Down Hairy Dawgs!

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:08:41 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

UVA! Virginia Cavaliers, baby!

I know they have no shot at the national championship I just hope they win the division and beat VA Tech.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:18:56 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Roll Tide Roll
jbeeman85
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 1:46:24 PM

BruceReville wrote:
I was all with you until you welcomed Gator and 'Bama fans ---- Hunker Down Hairy Dawgs!

I was a bit hesitant at first at welcoming them but that would just be wrong of me. I know quite a few true Bama fans that are respectful and don't get on my nerves. By true fans I mean that they were fans prior to this 3 out of 4 run that they've been on. The Gator part though was hard to type. Whenever I see someone in a Gator shirt or hat I just want to punch them in the face. If Dawgs is referring to Georgia, I have a feeling you may feel the same way Bruce, maybe not the violence part but at least the hating them (or extreme dislike since "hate" is wrong and all) part.
DocRx8482
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:39:54 AM

U-M Wolverines will probably not make the cut for the Big-Ten title, but they still are my team.

"Head to the future,
Run from the past,
Hide from the mirror,
And live in a glass,
What dreams forget the whiskey remembers
" (Eric Church/Marv Green)
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:04:48 AM

DocRx8482 wrote:
U-M Wolverines will probably not make the cut for the Big-Ten title, but they still are my team.

Michigan I'm cool with. My cousin married a guy (cousin-in-law?) from Detorit who is a huge Wolverine fan. As long as they don't play my Vols, I wish them all the luck. Especially against those freaking Buckeyes with that jerk from Florida (Urban Meyer) who left for "health reasons." I hope he gets them back on probation.
BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:25:29 AM

jbeeman85 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

I was a bit hesitant at first at welcoming them but that would just be wrong of me. I know quite a few true Bama fans that are respectful and don't get on my nerves. By true fans I mean that they were fans prior to this 3 out of 4 run that they've been on. The Gator part though was hard to type. Whenever I see someone in a Gator shirt or hat I just want to punch them in the face. If Dawgs is referring to Georgia, I have a feeling you may feel the same way Bruce, maybe not the violence part but at least the hating them (or extreme dislike since "hate" is wrong and all) part.

jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:51:08 AM

BruceReville wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

Awesome picture.
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 9:40:05 PM

Bama, UVA and JMU for this guy.

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 9:58:58 AM

It's time for week two of college football. A lot better games this week as many teams start with a cupcake to get an easy win.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:19:24 AM

Shop at My Store

Hey Jeremy,

Not trying to pile on, but what happened with the Vols? You've got to be disappointed.

I don't even want to mention my UVA Cavaliers giving up half a hundred to Testicle State, er I mean Ball State.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2013 6:45:32 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Hey Jeremy,

Not trying to pile on, but what happened with the Vols? You've got to be disappointed.

I don't even want to mention my UVA Cavaliers giving up half a hundred to Testicle State, er I mean Ball State.

Disappointed is about the nicest way to say it. Heartbreaking. They gave me all that hope only to rip out my heart and stomp on it at the end.

They had so many opportunities to win that game in regulation prior to the final, game tying drive. Worley can't seem to hit an open receiver to save his life. And on Georgia's game tying drive to take someone's helmet off AND get a pass interference penalty on the same drive Wall Angry At Wits' End , a team in the current state that the Vols are absolutely CANNOT give teams that many chances, especially a team as good as Georgia.

Just a terrible weekend for me, Vols lose, Preds lost their first two games, and the Titans lost (with me in attendance, which somehow makes it worse). The only good thing to happen this weekend sportswise was Kevin Harvick won the NASCAR race.

The next few weeks aren't looking so good either, Vols off this week then got South Carolina at home before traveling to Alabama. And now those games at Missouri, then home against Auburn are looking even harder.
Add to that the Titans got to go to Seattle this Sunday then got the 49ers at home, both with Jake Locker out. I am trying to be optimistic but my teams haven't given me much reason to the last couple of years.
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 2:45:00 PM

The only good thing about this week in college football is that my Vols can't lose. Man, it sucks the state the program is currently at, analysts talking "moral victories" from playing Georgia close. Total bull. Winning is all that matters.
I have said this before but I hope Butch gets the program back to where it belongs in the top ten. Pray
BruceReville
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 3:03:20 PM

jbeeman85 wrote:
The only good thing about this week in college football is that my Vols can't lose. Man, it sucks the state the program is currently at, analysts talking "moral victories" from playing Georgia close. Total bull. Winning is all that matters.
I have said this before but I hope Butch gets the program back to where it belongs in the top ten. Pray

I hear Kiffen is looking for a job Rolling on the Floor Maybe he can help out

Sorry I just had to

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 3:10:51 PM

BruceReville wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:

I hear Kiffen is looking for a job Rolling on the Floor Maybe he can help out

Sorry I just had to

Lane is such a prick. He totally had it coming to get fired the way he did. Karma will always come back and kick you in the balls. It's for the best that he left Tennessee, he would have had them on probation for years to come.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 1:33:01 PM

Shop at My Store

Just sold something to a guy from Baton Rouge, LA. His eBay ID is tuck_fulane !Rolling on the Floor

Must be an LSU fan!

How can you dislike Tulane that much? Can't be that big of a threat...

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 1:50:57 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Just sold something to a guy from Baton Rouge, LA. His eBay ID is tuck_fulane !Rolling on the Floor

Must be an LSU fan!

How can you dislike Tulane that much? Can't be that big of a threat...

I don't get it either. I just looked it up, LSU (if that's who that guy roots for) holds a 60-22-7 advantage in football and hasn't lost to Tulane since 1982. I am assuming football because football is pretty much the only college sport that matters in the south. The rest are just to give you something to do until football season starts up again.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 2:01:04 PM

Shop at My Store

Yeah, I don't even know who Tulane's arch rival is...or if they even have one.

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 2:45:22 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Yeah, I don't even know who Tulane's arch rival is...or if they even have one.

The only team other than LSU that I can find anything about is Southern Miss and they have a pretty big lead in their series as well.