Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
War with Syria Options
KingZombie
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:55:09 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
So we have another president threatening war with another country, claiming WMDs, sending warships to the area and all indications are we are going to invade Syria.

Question: where's the outrage this time? Where are the protests?

freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:30:35 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/4/2012
Posts: 863
Points: 6,073
KingZombie wrote:
Question: where's the outrage this time? Where are the protests?


What good would it do? The president (hell all politicians) do as they want when they want. This country lost all checks and balances a long long time ago.

That is why I just sit back and wait.......
and wait..........


for apple to unload all that cash and buy the USA and rename it United States of Apple! Then the fun will begin, lol


Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar


Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics



KingZombie
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:42:40 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
freakdylan wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
Question: where's the outrage this time? Where are the protests?


What good would it do? The president (hell all politicians) do as they want when they want. This country lost all checks and balances a long long time ago.

That is why I just sit back and wait.......
and wait..........


for apple to unload all that cash and buy the USA and rename it United States of Apple! Then the fun will begin, lol


So the answer to the question is Apathy and Cynicism. Gotcha. Thanks.
4saken1
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:50:49 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 8/13/2007
Posts: 2,473
Points: 10,274
AFAIK, the President hasn't yet said that war is imminent. He doesn't seem gung-ho to come out guns blazing like our last president, though. Also, the evidence before him doesn't seem to have been manufactured just to push a pro-war agenda. I did see that domestic support of an invasion is pretty low, though, if that's what you were wondering.....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

caseysorrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:59:17 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Approver, Member

Joined: 4/7/2007
Posts: 778
Points: 156,676
Location: Michigan
There are no claims of WMD, everyone agrees the evidence is quite overwhelming. UN inspectors who tried to reach the area for evidence were shot at by snipers yesterday. There is quite obviously something horrible going on there.

It's hard to get outraged when the images of the children they killed are flashing across the screen.

That said, I don't believe we are the world's police. Hopefully the U.N. takes action before the U.S. does.


Casey


caseysorrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:17:11 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Approver, Member

Joined: 4/7/2007
Posts: 778
Points: 156,676
Location: Michigan
Also, it seems like right now "war" means bombing suspected chemical manufacturing plants from a safe distance. Doesn't seem like land attacks are on the menu right now, not that it makes it any better.

Casey


KingZombie
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:31:33 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
4saken1 wrote:
AFAIK, the President hasn't yet said that war is imminent. He doesn't seem gung-ho to come out guns blazing like our last president, though. Also, the evidence before him doesn't seem to have been manufactured just to push a pro-war agenda. I did see that domestic support of an invasion is pretty low, though, if that's what you were wondering.....


LOL, it's funny how the evidence is somehow not "manufactured" when it's the president of your choice. Good one! Laughing
KingZombie
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:33:32 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
caseysorrow wrote:
There are no claims of WMD, everyone agrees the evidence is quite overwhelming. UN inspectors who tried to reach the area for evidence were shot at by snipers yesterday. There is quite obviously something horrible going on there.

It's hard to get outraged when the images of the children they killed are flashing across the screen.

That said, I don't believe we are the world's police. Hopefully the U.N. takes action before the U.S. does.


Yes, the evidence was quite clear last time too that chemical weapons were used. But this time, it's still unclear that the government used them and not the rebels.
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:39:19 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
KingZombie wrote:
4saken1 wrote:
AFAIK, the President hasn't yet said that war is imminent. He doesn't seem gung-ho to come out guns blazing like our last president, though. Also, the evidence before him doesn't seem to have been manufactured just to push a pro-war agenda. I did see that domestic support of an invasion is pretty low, though, if that's what you were wondering.....


LOL, it's funny how the evidence is somehow not "manufactured" when it's the president of your choice. Good one! Laughing



I'm guessing that your point here has nothing at all to do with any factual thing, or even the actual issue of Syria and chemical weapons. I am guessing you are trying to make some whiny conservative sheep commentary about how poor George bush gets treated unfairly compared with Obama.

And, if i am right, i'll take one second here to enlighten you, although, i'm sure you'll be back on with hannity or Rush tomorrow to get the real "truth" anyways. lol

George Bush launched a full scale war against another country. When he did it the American people were FULLY behind him. Even the dems in Gov. were with him. He had made the case for war with Iraq and the American people sided with him.
Of course, the case he made ended up being a 100% bald faced lie that not even the most conservative conservative can refute. So...based on the fact that we were all so blatantly lied to and tens of thousands of people died, and billions of dollars were wasted based on those lies, we kinda got a little mad at him....AND WE SHOULD HAVE.

Now, we are being told Syria is using chemical weapons against civilians. If that is true we SHOULD go to war to stop them (just like we SHOULD have gone to war to divest Hussein of his WMD). And , if years later it turns out that we were being bald faced lied to about the chemical weapons, then we SHOULD be mad at Obama.

Here's to guessing though, that doesnt happen. You see, Obama is many things....but he isn't the liar that George W. Bush is.
freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:40:36 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/4/2012
Posts: 863
Points: 6,073
KingZombie wrote:

LOL, it's funny how the evidence is somehow not "manufactured" when it's the president of your choice. Good one! Laughing


LMFAO, I am or never will be an Obama fan, but Bush was an idiot! As to WMD's I suggest you read up a little as it has been proven the CIA lied and Bush used that lie to start a war.

Here is a good reading link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

Now I will say I liked Bushes dad, too bad his son only inherited half his intelligence.


Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar


Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics



comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:41:47 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
As far as you disputing the "manufactured evidence". Dude...you realize that Hussein didn't have WMD? Right? You're not that deluded right? I mean, you realize that all of that was a total lie? You can't be that deluded.
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:45:54 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
I mean, you understand that this is not an issue of what your politics are. I mean, doesn't matter if you hug trees or or think the answer to gun violence is more guns.....tens of thousands were killed based on an out and out lie. If that doesn't get your blood up, I don't know what would?


Bush should be tried for friggin' war crimes. For starting a killing war for NOTHING. Tens of thousands killed. For A LIE.
KingZombie
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:52:51 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
comicuniversity wrote:
I'm guessing that your point here has nothing at all to do with any factual thing, or even the actual issue of Syria and chemical weapons. I am guessing you are trying to make some whiny conservative sheep commentary about how poor George bush gets treated unfairly compared with Obama.

And, if i am right, i'll take one second here to enlighten you, although, i'm sure you'll be back on with hannity or Rush tomorrow to get the real "truth" anyways. lol

George Bush launched a full scale war against another country. When he did it the American people were FULLY behind him. Even the dems in Gov. were with him. He had made the case for war with Iraq and the American people sided with him.
Of course, the case he made ended up being a 100% bald faced lie that not even the most conservative conservative can refute. So...based on the fact that we were all so blatantly lied to and tens of thousands of people died, and billions of dollars were wasted based on those lies, we kinda got a little mad at him....AND WE SHOULD HAVE.

Now, we are being told Syria is using chemical weapons against civilians. If that is true we SHOULD go to war to stop them (just like we SHOULD have gone to war to divest Hussein of his WMD). And , if years later it turns out that we were being bald faced lied to about the chemical weapons, then we SHOULD be mad at Obama.

Here's to guessing though, that doesnt happen. You see, Obama is many things....but he isn't the liar that George W. Bush is.


See, this is what bothers me. It was not a lie that Iraq had WMDs. They had them. They used them. They killed their own people just like what is being reported in Syria. If Bush lied, why wasn't he impeached? Why wasn't he tried for war crimes? You think the Dems decided it wasn't worth it? No! Because they had no case!

Even Bill Clinton launched an attack on Iraq based on the fact that THEY HAD WMDS!
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:54:03 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
KingZombie wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
I'm guessing that your point here has nothing at all to do with any factual thing, or even the actual issue of Syria and chemical weapons. I am guessing you are trying to make some whiny conservative sheep commentary about how poor George bush gets treated unfairly compared with Obama.

And, if i am right, i'll take one second here to enlighten you, although, i'm sure you'll be back on with hannity or Rush tomorrow to get the real "truth" anyways. lol

George Bush launched a full scale war against another country. When he did it the American people were FULLY behind him. Even the dems in Gov. were with him. He had made the case for war with Iraq and the American people sided with him.
Of course, the case he made ended up being a 100% bald faced lie that not even the most conservative conservative can refute. So...based on the fact that we were all so blatantly lied to and tens of thousands of people died, and billions of dollars were wasted based on those lies, we kinda got a little mad at him....AND WE SHOULD HAVE.

Now, we are being told Syria is using chemical weapons against civilians. If that is true we SHOULD go to war to stop them (just like we SHOULD have gone to war to divest Hussein of his WMD). And , if years later it turns out that we were being bald faced lied to about the chemical weapons, then we SHOULD be mad at Obama.

Here's to guessing though, that doesnt happen. You see, Obama is many things....but he isn't the liar that George W. Bush is.


See, this is what bothers me. It was not a lie that Iraq had WMDs. They had them. They used them. They killed their own people just like what is being reported in Syria. If Bush lied, why wasn't he impeached? Why wasn't he tried for war crimes? You think the Dems decided it wasn't worth it? No! Because they had no case!


HAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAH! I mean....just.....oh man.....


Even George W. Bush admits that he didn't have WMD. I mean....HHAHAHAHHAH!! Even Bush admits it. I.....How can you....Oh, forget it.
KingZombie
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:55:12 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
comicuniversity wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
I'm guessing that your point here has nothing at all to do with any factual thing, or even the actual issue of Syria and chemical weapons. I am guessing you are trying to make some whiny conservative sheep commentary about how poor George bush gets treated unfairly compared with Obama.

And, if i am right, i'll take one second here to enlighten you, although, i'm sure you'll be back on with hannity or Rush tomorrow to get the real "truth" anyways. lol

George Bush launched a full scale war against another country. When he did it the American people were FULLY behind him. Even the dems in Gov. were with him. He had made the case for war with Iraq and the American people sided with him.
Of course, the case he made ended up being a 100% bald faced lie that not even the most conservative conservative can refute. So...based on the fact that we were all so blatantly lied to and tens of thousands of people died, and billions of dollars were wasted based on those lies, we kinda got a little mad at him....AND WE SHOULD HAVE.

Now, we are being told Syria is using chemical weapons against civilians. If that is true we SHOULD go to war to stop them (just like we SHOULD have gone to war to divest Hussein of his WMD). And , if years later it turns out that we were being bald faced lied to about the chemical weapons, then we SHOULD be mad at Obama.

Here's to guessing though, that doesnt happen. You see, Obama is many things....but he isn't the liar that George W. Bush is.


See, this is what bothers me. It was not a lie that Iraq had WMDs. They had them. They used them. They killed their own people just like what is being reported in Syria. If Bush lied, why wasn't he impeached? Why wasn't he tried for war crimes? You think the Dems decided it wasn't worth it? No! Because they had no case!



You're an idiot.


Wow, can't argue so you start slinging insults. Way to prove your point.
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:58:49 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
I apologize for calling you an idiot. Sincerely. Uncalled for.
KingZombie
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:01:24 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2013/08/27/216046393/chemical-weapons-used-rarely-but-with-deadly-effect

Quote:
Saddam Gasses The Kurds

The March 16, 1988, attack came during the Iran-Iraq war.

Iranian troops had occupied the Iraqi Kurdish town of Halabja in 1988, and Saddam wanted to wrest control of the town. Iraqi aircraft dropped chemical weapons on the area, targeting, according to the BBC, "Iranian forces, pro-Iranian Kurdish forces and Halabja's citizens."

Estimates of the number of dead range from 3,200 to 5,000; between 7,000 and 10,000 people were injured. The same Foreign Policy article noted that U.S. intelligence was "flowing freely" to Saddam's military prior to the attack.

Saddam's cousin Ali Hassan al-Majid, who ordered the attack on Halabja, came to be known as Chemical Ali. He was executed in 2010 following the U.S. invasion of Iraq that toppled Saddam.


http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=15918

Quote:
Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

By Samantha L. Quigley
American Forces Press Service
WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 – The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.
"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.
The Chemical Weapons Convention is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. It was signed in 1993 and entered into force in 1997.
The munitions found contain sarin and mustard gases, Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said. Sarin attacks the neurological system and is potentially lethal.
"Mustard is a blister agent (that) actually produces burning of any area (where) an individual may come in contact with the agent," he said. It also is potentially fatal if it gets into a person's lungs.
The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.
While that's reassuring, the agent remaining in the weapons would be very valuable to terrorists and insurgents, Maples said. "We're talking chemical agents here that could be packaged in a different format and have a great effect," he said, referencing the sarin-gas attack on a Japanese subway in the mid-1990s.
This is true even considering any degradation of the chemical agents that may have occurred, Chu said. It's not known exactly how sarin breaks down, but no matter how degraded the agent is, it's still toxic.
"Regardless of (how much material in the weapon is actually chemical agent), any remaining agent is toxic," he said. "Anything above zero (percent agent) would prove to be toxic, and if you were exposed to it long enough, lethal."
Though about 500 chemical weapons - the exact number has not been released publicly - have been found, Maples said he doesn't believe Iraq is a "WMD-free zone."
"I do believe the former regime did a very poor job of accountability of munitions, and certainly did not document the destruction of munitions," he said. "The recovery program goes on, and I do not believe we have found all the weapons."
The Defense Intelligence Agency director said locating and disposing of chemical weapons in Iraq is one of the most important tasks servicemembers in the country perform.
Maples added searches are ongoing for chemical weapons beyond those being conducted solely for force protection.
There has been a call for a complete declassification of the National Ground Intelligence Center's report on WMD in Iraq. Maples said he believes the director of national intelligence is still considering this option, and has asked Maples to look into producing an unclassified paper addressing the subject matter in the center's report.
Much of the classified matter was slated for discussion in a closed forum after the open hearings this morning.
KingZombie
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:03:24 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
comicuniversity wrote:
Even George W. Bush admits that he didn't have WMD. I mean....HHAHAHAHHAH!! Even Bush admits it. I.....How can you....Oh, forget it.


Really? When did this happen?
BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:03:34 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/21/2010
Posts: 959
Points: 2,877
War with Syria - bad idea as it will finally break the whole region into total warfare - already Lebanon is getting involved in Syria - Iran is itching to get involved in something and a US led strike into Syria will give them that - Hammas is waiting to strike within Israel - Taliban is making a comeback in Afghanistan with unspoken support from Pakistan - Al-Qaeda is trying to get a foothold in Iraq and a distracting war in Syria will give them that - Turkey is already on the verge of showing Assad that they are tired of his (banned) - Egypt the only Arab Allie the US was able to coax into keeping the region safe for Israel is in total disarray and would quickly turn to a combined effort against Israel if given the chance and then the real x-factor in all this is the chief Allie of Syria and Iran --- Russia - how will they respond.

We should actually try and throw this back unto the Muslim Region and have them police their own - a majority of the countries there are receiving economic and financial aide from us - cut it off 100% and only agree to give it back if they clean up their own mess - we should be ready only at the request of our chief allies in the region Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Israel for defense only - not offensive.

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!



Jim
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:36:18 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
Wow. Been a while since one of these threads popped up here. Happy

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.548 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241