Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Market Notes added to Order Details page ? Options
monidaw1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:46:55 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Market notes include such useful and important details as descriptions of defects, condition and even links to front and back cover scans. If you're under the hood anyway working on some simple improvements, hopefully this one would be as simple as adding an extra column where blank space presently exists, will save customers having to click on every single issues notes trying to find a few that may have notes and increase CCL's income through reductions in returns/ discounts. It should also speed up order processing by having those little "Lot12" or other helpful clues to where a book is stored at show from the order page whereas now we're having to click each one individually, waiting for the page to load, then hitting the back button to get back to the order details page, then clicking the next one, repeat, repeat, etc.

I'm hoping to add thousands of additional cover scans into the photobucket over the next season or two and link them in to the items they correspond to like I've been doing but it's kind of frustrating to keep putting out the effort and knowing that it's frequently a wasted effort since many people never bother to click and look for notes before buying. Wall

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:54:50 AM

Groups: Member

Or they could add some cool image next to listing to note if that sellers issue has scans or market notes. That way when users like me are browsing I dont have to open and look at all 8 for sale to see if they have a scan or notes. This way I would see 8 listings and 2 might have designating scans and 4 have

:)

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:02:09 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I agree 100%

Market Notes are easily overlooked by Buyers and sometimes I will have two copies of the same book in similar condition but with minor differences. It would be awesome to see that in the Order Details rather than have to search it out like Ellen described.

To expand on that I think it would be great to have a marker, say an exclamation point, on any book that has Market Notes.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

comicscastle
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:04:40 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Click on invoice and market notes do show up directly under the issue. Print the invoice and include with the order and the buyer will see every note you made when he receives his books.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:05:12 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
Or they could add some cool image next to listing to note if that sellers issue has scans or market notes. That way when users like me are browsing I dont have to open and look at all 8 for sale to see if they have a scan or notes. This way I would see 8 listings and 2 might have designating scans and 4 have

:)

That's what I'm saying! Your idea is better than mine.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:54:04 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

comicscastle wrote:
Click on invoice and market notes do show up directly under the issue. Print the invoice and include with the order and the buyer will see every note you made when he receives his books.
I think the point here is to make it easier to see the notes BEFORE somebody buys.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:11:09 PM

monidaw1 wrote:
Market notes include such useful and important details as descriptions of defects, condition and even links to front and back cover scans. If you're under the hood anyway working on some simple improvements, hopefully this one would be as simple as adding an extra column where blank space presently exists, will save customers having to click on every single issues notes trying to find a few that may have notes and increase CCL's income through reductions in returns/ discounts. It should also speed up order processing by having those little "Lot12" or other helpful clues to where a book is stored at show from the order page whereas now we're having to click each one individually, waiting for the page to load, then hitting the back button to get back to the order details page, then clicking the next one, repeat, repeat, etc.
I'm hoping to add thousands of additional cover scans into the photobucket over the next season or two and link them in to the items they correspond to like I've been doing but it's kind of frustrating to keep putting out the effort and knowing that it's frequently a wasted effort since many people never bother to click and look for notes before buying. Wall

There are a couple of erroneous points in BAMF's post, however.

1) CCL's income isn't effected by returns/discounts. They take a percentage out of whatever the initial final total is. If it's a $50 order, and you're missing a $30 book, they don't get a percentage of $20. They get a percentage of $50 (plus whatever you've charged for shipping). If you're missing that $30 book, that's your problem, not CCL's.

2) As Pat stated, if you click on the invoice link and print out the invoice, it will show the market notes, which will allow you to find your books in whatever box/lot you've got them stored.

It still won't help customers look at market notes, but then, I've found that very few stores bother to give descriptions of the defects on books so it's pretty much a moot point.

And if it's a book with a really, really long, stupid title, it can actually infringe on that "dead space" mentioned above. It's rare, but it can and does happen. And if you're printing out the invoice and you DO have market notes listed with defects, those are there, too.
Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:42:25 PM

Shop at My Store

Wrong on that first point, Tam. All refunds are itemized in the Invoice Details under "Fees and Statements" as "Sales Comission Credit."
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:08:41 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I've been selling here for four years and Pat's post was the first time I'd heard about the Invoice link. Needed to PM him to havehim point it out in the pic aabove. Just another bad layout aspect of this sitte.

As far as the original topic, the market note issue has been brought up time and time again. If it's not already part of the mythical new site rollout that's supposed to happen next year, it ain't happening.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:12:48 PM

Thundercron wrote:
Wrong on that first point, Tam. All refunds are itemized in the Invoice Details under "Fees and Statements" as "Sales Comission Credit."

Really. Hmph. I'll have to take a closer look at my lcs's ccl then. LOL. Thanks for pointing it out.
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:56:07 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Tamwood wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Really. Hmph. I'll have to take a closer look at my lcs's ccl then. LOL. Thanks for pointing it out.

Yup. As long as you do it as a refund through PayPal you'll have a credit of 5% of the refund on the monthly CCL invoice. If you want to test it, you could give me a "Thanks for being awesome" refund on the order I have in with you guys. Angel

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:43:42 PM

Shop at My Store

You can also get credit if the buyer uses the "Money Order/Check" option. Simply use the "Cancel Order/Refund" link.
monidaw1
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 7:07:50 AM

Shop at My Store

Quote:
As far as the original topic, the market note issue has been brought up time and time again. If it's not already part of the mythical new site rollout that's supposed to happen next year, it ain't happening.

I know it's been brought up and ignored before but I figured visual aids from the new camera would help make it crystal clear where it would be helpful at and a lot easier than trying to explain it in text. I'm also hoping that putting it in would have it transfer to the order page as well automatically or with a few extra mouse clicks by a dedicatted CCL staffer with a few minutes to kill.

I look at it as kinda like the fine print on any normal contract. It's kinda important in many cases. Having it show is a lot easier than all the extra work it takes to make it viewable to a PayPal argument settler later. The old here, you gotta use my log in info, go to the order page, scroll down to find the specific order, now click to open that order, now scroll down and find the item in question, now click on the tiny words "Sale Item details" under the title's name without accidently clicking on the title and getting directed to what's currently availible on the entire site. Silly

I know we can click on "Invoice" and get the notes to show but that's not an option for end purchasers and the idea is hopefully most of them at least glance at the final order and might have time to contact us prior to shipping if somethings not to their preference. The old "I didn't know it wouldn't have a cover!" even though it was listed t CCL's lowest possible grade and clearly identified in the notes.

Quote:

Any improvement would be welcome but this one still relys on them having to click on something and no guarantee that they will or even know that the symbols mean anything. I know the long title occasionally may protrude into the space but it shouldn't be that hard to have it break into a second line after X charectors preventing that. Same thing if the notes get long, just have it break into a second line to continue. Most of the columns I work with in my spreadsheets break automatically onto a second line and the columns they use might be set up the same way already.

Quote:
You can also get credit if the buyer uses the "Money Order/Check" option. Simply use the "Cancel Order/Refund" link.

That's only good until you hit the shipped button or around 30 days whichever comes first. After you hit the shipped button and you wait around forever for people to never pay you, you're shafted for the CCL commision. After around 30 days or so even if you didn't hit the shipped button you can't refund and restock. I tried that on an order also and by the time I gave up on it my only option to remove the items from inventory permanently was to click the shipped button and eat the fee for a sale that never finished then pay to reupload the items again. It got annoying enough that I removed it as a payment option until I can figure out a better arrangement.

spacecitycomics
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:02:33 PM

Groups: Member

If you wait 30 days for a customer to pay you,
that customer might be one you can do without.
Seems there are a lot of buyers here that believe
it is a one way street where loyalty and support
should flow.
Good customers, that give a seller repeat business,
that work as associates with sellers are the most
prized people a business can have. Even more important
than some employees.
But a customer that repeatedly , and by repeatedly, I
mean EVERY SINGLE TIME, has negative things to say, and
then demands a cut on the price after the deal is done,
that customer is not supporting the ameaneable seller.
I have been blessed. In the two years I have been selling
here, I have only had one person that I have given the
ejection button to. I no longer accept orders from that
person. He didn't support me, I no longer support him.
monidaw1
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:19:50 AM

Shop at My Store

On that one part of the delay was it was an international order. Trying to offer a way to work around the no seller protection thing at PayPal by allowing people time to mail a payment in like we used to do when we we're kids clipping ads out of the comics before this electronic stuff existted. (Still remember the anticipation waiting for that foot locker of toy soldiers to come in the mail, follwed by the disappointment of realizing they were thin, flat, brittle two dimensional soldiers not the life like one's we used to get in the bags at the grocery store.)

Other's I can blame carelessness in the rush to ship. The old pull, pack, print the shipping label, hit the shipped button button, PM the shipping tracking number then notice they hadn't used PayPal afterwords thing. I even shipped a couple times not realizing I hadn't been paid yet. ( Still considering cutting a hole in the floor to the basement and putting in one of those fireman poles to slide downstairs faster when an order comes in and start pulling, maybe some flashing lights also one day) Now you're stuck unable to refund and get the CCL fee back when the person never pays but fortunately the shipping label can be reembursed in about a month if it's not used.

Then there's those times you intentionally ship before payment is recieved to repeat customers just to wait around forever for money orders that never arrive.

Sometimes people use it as free layaway thinking they'll pay for it in a couple weeks or so or have you PayPal invoice them then and things change.

I put a cash option back up for the locals walk ins to make things a bit faster on them so they can order from home and pay in person although they're still welcome to sit here and browse on the big screen or let our fingers do the walking old school style. I put a 7 day limit on it though so hopefully it'll prevent a few of the over payments to CCL but if we get too many at once it'll be back to making the inventory horrible to work with in the Sell Items folder unless we start hitting shipped buttons again to remove the items from inventory so we can work with and know what's left and not spoken for. Maybe they'll finally get that Hold Button put in from the dream list last year.

Convention time's almost here. Time to get out of the JLA jammies into something presentable. Winking