Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
New York City Comic Con Options
jhorsley3
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 1:09:17 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Is anyone going to this?

They have a Batman #24 they are releasing there that I would really like to get a copy of.
jhorsley3
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2013 9:14:41 AM

Shop at My Store

Anyone?
Jshock80
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 5:40:15 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I am going do you know what booth I want one too
Jshock80
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 5:40:47 AM

I was wondering if anybody from here is going to NYCC? Also if anybody wants to go I have an extra Saturday ticket that a friend of mine has and cant go for 50 bucks {that's what he paid} and also I have the 4 day pass and I am not going on Sunday so if anybody wants to go on Sunday and can meet up with me there on Saturday some time, you can have the Sunday Ticket for nothing. I hope somebody can use these and if you are going please respond or send me a message maybe we can meet up.

Thanks
Dennis
BruceReville
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 9:25:45 AM

Groups: Member

If anyone is already going to be there I am wanting something that I think is free (at least advertised that way) - Weeble Cosplay Trading Card Set - I have asked them on their Facebook page and you can only get them at the Con -- and I live in Georgia so .......Pwetty Pwease Big Hug

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

Jshock80
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 12:18:38 PM

Like I Said I am going thur-sat if you get me the info and booths so its easy for me, I am more then happy to help who I can, within reason
BruceReville
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 4:06:20 PM

Artist Alley Table E-6 at Lee Kohse Art - I would hug you Big Hug - TYTYTYTY!

wpmcclure
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 3:44:33 PM

Can anyone pick me up a copy of the Archer & Armstrong #14 NYCC cover? Pretty please??? Big Grin

crackerjack1
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 7:04:32 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I was just going to ask if anyone was going and came across this thread. If at all possible could you pick up the these variants?

CRAZY CAT COLLECTIBLES - BOOTH# 1555
NYCC 2013 Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #4 Exclusive Variant Cover
NYCC 2013 Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #4 Exclusive Negative Variant Cover

MARVEL - BOOTH #1354
NYCC 2013 Superior Foes of Spider-Man #4 Gurihiru Pony Foes of Spider-Man Cover

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Dexter's Laboratory, Figment, Original Sin, Original Sins, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
4saken1
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 10:10:01 PM

Shop at My Store

Anybody hear about this?

Quote:
New York Comic Con Tweets From Attendees' Accounts Without Permission

Fans, celebrities and press attending New York Comic Con on Thursday sent out laudatory tweets expressing excitement to be at the annual convention β€” or at least it looked like they did, as the tweets were published entirely without their permission or knowledge.

The tweets were tied to attendees' NYCC badges. This year, conference organizers Reedpop allowed people to pre-register their badges online. The badges have radio-frequency identification (RFID) chips that are tied to a user's identity in order to curb counterfeits. (RFID chips use radio frequencies to transfer information between the chip and a receiver.)

Attendees were then invited to connect their social-media accounts to their badge, although it wasn't explicitly stated that NYCC could post to Facebook or Twitter on their behalf.

As people checked in to the convention on Thursday, many published tweets looked authentic (and were written in conversational language), but were not written by attendees.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2013 8:48:29 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

4saken1 wrote:
Anybody hear about this?

Quote:
New York Comic Con Tweets From Attendees' Accounts Without Permission

Fans, celebrities and press attending New York Comic Con on Thursday sent out laudatory tweets expressing excitement to be at the annual convention β€” or at least it looked like they did, as the tweets were published entirely without their permission or knowledge.

The tweets were tied to attendees' NYCC badges. This year, conference organizers Reedpop allowed people to pre-register their badges online. The badges have radio-frequency identification (RFID) chips that are tied to a user's identity in order to curb counterfeits. (RFID chips use radio frequencies to transfer information between the chip and a receiver.)

Attendees were then invited to connect their social-media accounts to their badge, although it wasn't explicitly stated that NYCC could post to Facebook or Twitter on their behalf.

As people checked in to the convention on Thursday, many published tweets looked authentic (and were written in conversational language), but were not written by attendees.

Just saw this story this morning. That's incredibly awkward for both attendees and organizers. It will certainly make me read fine print on stuff and watch out for things like this before attending C2E2 (also organized by ReedPOP) again.

β€œOne of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Jshock80
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:22:03 PM

Hey All sorry but I could not get anything not even for myself never the less anybody else either they were sold out or the lines were so long that I did not have time to wait as I had my own things I wanted to do, sorry to all, please accept my apologizes.
BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:24:21 PM

No Problem - I Thank You for trying Happy

Spider-Man
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:52:38 PM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

Jshock80 wrote:
Hey All sorry but I could not get anything not even for myself never the less anybody else either they were sold out or the lines were so long that I did not have time to wait as I had my own things I wanted to do, sorry to all, please accept my apologizes.

Thanks for trying, I hope you had a good time.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

Jshock80
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 6:14:55 AM

Hi Guys yes good time was had, but it is just insane, everywhere you went was just wall to wall people and the lines were just crazy, you waited on line to wait on more lines, this was my first time doing a 3 day, last year I only did one day but next year I will be better prepared, Please understand I did try, and it was not for lack of effort but it was just to crazy, and my patience was wearing thin, when it takes almost a half hr to go 100ft it wears on you at least me anyway