Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
DC Naval Yard Massacre Options
KingZombie
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:53:23 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
Man, these boards are dead.

Last thread I created people wanted to discuss gun control instead and here is a perfect opportunity in light of the killings in DC and no one wants to talk about it? Tsk, tsk.

How about the fact that the President still decided to have a meeting about the economy and slam his critics instead of cancelling the meeting after hearing the news of the slayings?

"Oh yeah, that's a tragedy... now lets move on to business even though it JUST happened..."

Class act, Barry!
4saken1
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:51:15 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 8/13/2007
Posts: 2,502
Points: 10,371
The irony here is that you post a thread about this tragic event (without even addressing the horrific act itself) and mock people for using it as a platform, then take a jab at the president. You are doing exactly what you find fault in others for doing!

My condolences go out to the families of the victims.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some of your comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:13:07 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,335
Points: 4,780
KingZombie wrote:
Man, these boards are dead.

Last thread I created people wanted to discuss gun control instead and here is a perfect opportunity in light of the killings in DC and no one wants to talk about it? Tsk, tsk.

How about the fact that the President still decided to have a meeting about the economy and slam his critics instead of cancelling the meeting after hearing the news of the slayings?

"Oh yeah, that's a tragedy... now lets move on to business even though it JUST happened..."

Class act, Barry!



From the person who defends W. You know, the guy who continued reading a childrens book upon hearing of the 9/11 attacks.


And, i'm not saying either president was wrong. Just that it is an incredibly hypocritical stance to take. If you are indeed taking it.


We won't even get into how distasteful it is for someone to USE the tragic death of innocents that has nothing to do with politics at all to slam a politician. Way to take and hold the high ground! lol.
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:18:12 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/4/2012
Posts: 966
Points: 6,382
Applause To above 2 posts.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar


Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics



Reggie
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:09:07 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/8/2007
Posts: 1,909
Points: 33,284
Location: Florida
Damn, KZ can't seem to catch a break on these threads. Silly


KingZombie
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:28:38 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
Unlike the president, I am not a public figure.
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:00:10 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,335
Points: 4,780
Reggie wrote:
Damn, KZ can't seem to catch a break on these threads. Silly


LOL.

That's because most of the boardies around here are pretty danged reasonable peoples.....and to be 100% partisan politically is to abandon reason.
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:00:49 AM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/4/2012
Posts: 966
Points: 6,382
comicuniversity wrote:


From the person who defends W. You know, the guy who continued reading a childrens book upon hearing of the 9/11 attacks.


Big difference though, Bush was stuck on a big word and was really trying to sound it out. I applaud Bush for sticking it out and not letting that book get the better of him. Though I do suspect like most conspiracy people that the secret service was helping him.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar


Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics



KingZombie
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:16:30 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
comicuniversity wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Damn, KZ can't seem to catch a break on these threads. Silly


LOL.

That's because most of the boardies around here are pretty danged reasonable peoples.....and to be 100% partisan politically is to abandon reason.


I guess nothing was learned from the last thread I created about how to conduct oneself on these forums and proper netiquette. I even created a thread on netiquette tips and someone who is supposed to be a MODERATOR doesn’t seem to want to follow guidelines for a civil discussion.

In other words, the rule so far in this thread has been “let’s not so much address the topic but rather bash the person who posted it.” You can disagree, draw comparisons, provide examples to your argument, but please do not attempt to malign the person who said it simply because you don’t like what was said.

I’m merely editorializing. If you don’t like it, fine. But please keep it civil. Don’t attempt to judge or think you know someone from what they’ve posted on the internet.
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:53:42 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,335
Points: 4,780
What's your point?

And....I was as civil as you.

You used a sarcastic attack to make your Obama hating point. You called it editorializing.

I am merely doing the same.

My first editrorial comment was that to support the man who ignored 9/11 in lieu of a childrens book while decrying another man for continuing a scheduled piece of business despite the fact a shooting had occured (Let's not mention the ludicrous presumption that government should stop anytime a murder is committed)is hypocritical. That's my editorial opinion.

Then, I said that it was distasteful to use something so tragic, that had nothing to do with ANYONES politics, as a way to hammer a politician. That's my editorial opinion.

Then, I stated that it was unreasonable to be %100 partisan. Again, my editorial opinion.

How am I breaking any rules of netiquette, that you, yourself, are not breaking?

In fact, your incessant need to attack every post I make as unnacceptable in some way, would, in itself, be breaking the rules of netiquette. I would ask that you practice what you preach and stop attacking me in the way that you obviously are, and accusing me of doing something other than making appropriate editorial comments.

It seems, zombie, that you are not interested in debating the point, since you refused to actually respond to anything I typed. Rather, you just want to badmouth me. Netiquette indeed.

I think the old saying , If you can't stand the heat, stay out the kitchen, applies here. If you are going to open yourself up by making such blatantly controversial statements (like the one that started this post) you have to be able to take a few controversial remarks in return. I mean, if you can't take any criticism.....then don't start these threads. lol. Pretty simple.


Lawyered.
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:35:04 AM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/4/2012
Posts: 966
Points: 6,382
lol, and so it begins...........again Devil

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar


Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics



KingZombie
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:44:57 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
comicuniversity wrote:
What's your point?

And....I was as civil as you.

You used a sarcastic attack to make your Obama hating point. You called it editorializing.

I am merely doing the same.

My first editrorial comment was that to support the man who ignored 9/11 in lieu of a childrens book while decrying another man for continuing a scheduled piece of business despite the fact a shooting had occured (Let's not mention the ludicrous presumption that government should stop anytime a murder is committed)is hypocritical. That's my editorial opinion.

Then, I said that it was distasteful to use something so tragic, that had nothing to do with ANYONES politics, as a way to hammer a politician. That's my editorial opinion.

Then, I stated that it was unreasonable to be %100 partisan. Again, my editorial opinion.

How am I breaking any rules of netiquette, that you, yourself, are not breaking?

In fact, your incessant need to attack every post I make as unnacceptable in some way, would, in itself, be breaking the rules of netiquette. I would ask that you practice what you preach and stop attacking me in the way that you obviously are, and accusing me of doing something other than making appropriate editorial comments.

It seems, zombie, that you are not interested in debating the point, since you refused to actually respond to anything I typed. Rather, you just want to badmouth me. Netiquette indeed.

I think the old saying , If you can't stand the heat, stay out the kitchen, applies here. If you are going to open yourself up by making such blatantly controversial statements (like the one that started this post) you have to be able to take a few controversial remarks in return. I mean, if you can't take any criticism.....then don't start these threads. lol. Pretty simple.


Lawyered.


Yeah, I attacked the President. A public figure. I didn't attack you or anyone else in this thread. But you start pointing out that I am partisan and that's the reason I make these statements and that I'm someone that can't be reasoned with because of it. THAT is an attack. I'm singling you out because you are supposed to be a MODERATOR, and following the guidelines and being respectful are what you need to monitor, not the be the cause of breaking. The fact that you can't see that is scary.

So what if I'm partisan? It doesn't make what I said any less untrue. I can take critism, but when you start going after the poster and not the statements themselves, it turns into a flame war and nothing else.

I didn't want to address your Bush slam because it's a ridiculous comparison and once again goes away from the topics. You used it to say "so what it's happened before" and that I'm a hypocrite for not realizing that. That's attack on me, not on the statements I made. Big difference.

Bush was reading to CHILDREN. You want him to get up immediately and say "Excuse me kids, the country is being attack by terrorists!" and run out? No, he did the right thing and didn't want to make a scene. Now, I addressed it, can we move forward?
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:54:43 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,335
Points: 4,780
Bottom line dude.


You post obviously inflammatory statements and then get over the top sensitive when something the leats bit controversial is posted in response to your inflammatory statement.



Either cease starting inflammtory threads or stop being so completely incapable of taking the least bit of criticism. One or the other.


As far as attacking you directly. Nope. Never did it.

You stated an opinion. I stated an opinion.

If you don't see the obvious similarities between Bush ignoring 9/11 (and the deaths of over 3,000) to continue to read to children and Obama ignoring a shooting (and the deaths of less than 10) to hold a scheduled piece of business....then I can't help you.

If you don't see how distasteful it is for you to use those deaths to attack Obama, then I can't help you.

If you don't see how unreasonable it is to be %100 politically partisan, then I can't help you.


But, again, you start a thread with a purposefully controversial and inflammatory remark. YOU did that. It is weak sauce to do that, then shrink at the merest challenge, avoid the debate and cry about negative treatment.
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:58:11 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,335
Points: 4,780
Zombie. I didn't attack you. I attacked your statement and your views.


And, you may not be a public figure, but I am not seeking you out to attack your views and statements. nope. You are starting threads. And by doing that, you are putting them out there to be responded to.

My advice. If you want to not have your political views opposed, make sure you either never share them, or only do so with people who you know will agree with you.
On the other hand, if you are okay with them being opposed, don't cry foul every time it happens.
KingZombie
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:01:43 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
comicuniversity wrote:
Bottom line dude.


You post obviously inflammatory statements and then get over the top sensitive when something the leats bit controversial is posted in response to your inflammatory statement.



Either cease starting inflammtory threads or stop being so completely incapable of taking the least bit of criticism. One or the other.


As far as attacking you directly. Nope. Never did it.

You stated an opinion. I stated an opinion.

If you don't see the obvious similarities between Bush ignoring 9/11 (and the deaths of over 3,000) to continue to read to children and Obama ignoring a shooting (and the deaths of less than 10) to hold a scheduled piece of business....then I can't help you.

If you don't see how distasteful it is for you to use those deaths to attack Obama, then I can't help you.

If you don't see how unreasonable it is to be %100 politically partisan, then I can't help you.


But, again, you start a thread with a purposefully controversial and inflammatory remark. YOU did that. It is weak sauce to do that, then shrink at the merest challenge, avoid the debate and cry about negative treatment.


:::sigh::: Seriously, how is this guy still a moderator? He's blind to making personal attacks on someone's character, yet complains that I do it to him when I'm just defending myself?

He complains that I don't address what he says, but he completely ignores what I say and reverts to circular logic.

Want to know what else is distasteful? Insinuating that the deaths of 14 people is not as big a deal as the deaths of 3,000. This took place in D.C. That's right in Obama's backyard. I think that's pretty understandable to cancel a meeting and people would understand. Even democrats have criticized the President for moving on with politics.

Again, I am not a public figure. He is. Probably the most important one too.
KingZombie
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:04:20 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,543
Points: 90,058
comicuniversity wrote:
Zombie. I didn't attack you. I attacked your statement and your views.


And, you may not be a public figure, but I am not seeking you out to attack your views and statements. nope. You are starting threads. And by doing that, you are putting them out there to be responded to.

My advice. If you want to not have your political views opposed, make sure you either never share them, or only do so with people who you know will agree with you.
On the other hand, if you are okay with them being opposed, don't cry foul every time it happens.


No, you only used this thread to slam me because you didn't like that I slammed the president. You called me a hypocrite. How do you not see that as an attack?
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:19:59 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,335
Points: 4,780
KingZombie wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
Bottom line dude.


You post obviously inflammatory statements and then get over the top sensitive when something the leats bit controversial is posted in response to your inflammatory statement.



Either cease starting inflammtory threads or stop being so completely incapable of taking the least bit of criticism. One or the other.


As far as attacking you directly. Nope. Never did it.

You stated an opinion. I stated an opinion.

If you don't see the obvious similarities between Bush ignoring 9/11 (and the deaths of over 3,000) to continue to read to children and Obama ignoring a shooting (and the deaths of less than 10) to hold a scheduled piece of business....then I can't help you.

If you don't see how distasteful it is for you to use those deaths to attack Obama, then I can't help you.

If you don't see how unreasonable it is to be %100 politically partisan, then I can't help you.


But, again, you start a thread with a purposefully controversial and inflammatory remark. YOU did that. It is weak sauce to do that, then shrink at the merest challenge, avoid the debate and cry about negative treatment.


:::sigh::: Seriously, how is this guy still a moderator? He's blind to making personal attacks on someone's character, yet complains that I do it to him when I'm just defending myself?

He complains that I don't address what he says, but he completely ignores what I say and reverts to circular logic.

Want to know what else is distasteful? Insinuating that the deaths of 14 people is not as big a deal as the deaths of 3,000. This took place in D.C. That's right in Obama's backyard. I think that's pretty understandable to cancel a meeting and people would understand. Even democrats have criticized the President for moving on with politics.

Again, I am not a public figure. He is. Probably the most important one too.


I said no such thing, sir. Cease putting words in my mouth.

In fact, if you actually go back and read, i said that I felt neither president was wrong for how they handled it.
My statement was that it is hypocritical to attack one and defend the other...since they are such similar actions.
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:22:11 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,335
Points: 4,780
KingZombie wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
Zombie. I didn't attack you. I attacked your statement and your views.


And, you may not be a public figure, but I am not seeking you out to attack your views and statements. nope. You are starting threads. And by doing that, you are putting them out there to be responded to.

My advice. If you want to not have your political views opposed, make sure you either never share them, or only do so with people who you know will agree with you.
On the other hand, if you are okay with them being opposed, don't cry foul every time it happens.


No, you only used this thread to slam me because you didn't like that I slammed the president. You called me a hypocrite. How do you not see that as an attack?


Sir, I could care less that you slammed the president. I could also care less what your political leanings are.

As I said before, I do not seek you out to attack your political beliefs. In fact, I have never adressed you in any way other than on a public forum on a thread that YOU started. After all what were YOU using this thread for? lol.



You posted a remark i strongly disagreed with, and, since you posted it on a public forum, I publicly registered my disagreement.

Again, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
4saken1
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:22:19 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 8/13/2007
Posts: 2,502
Points: 10,371
KingZombie wrote:
I think that's pretty understandable to cancel a meeting and people would understand.


Why bother! If he'd have done that, you would be complaining about the exact opposite; or the words he used; or the tie he wore; or the fact that he didn't have an American Flag on his la lapel! Admit it, KZ, no matter what he does, he just. Can't. Win.

BTW, nice redirect from the blatant hypocrisy of your opening post! "Obama's a public figure, so I don't have to make any sense!" Rolling on the Floor

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some of your comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:24:03 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,335
Points: 4,780
KingZombie wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
Bottom line dude.


You post obviously inflammatory statements and then get over the top sensitive when something the leats bit controversial is posted in response to your inflammatory statement.



Either cease starting inflammtory threads or stop being so completely incapable of taking the least bit of criticism. One or the other.


As far as attacking you directly. Nope. Never did it.

You stated an opinion. I stated an opinion.

If you don't see the obvious similarities between Bush ignoring 9/11 (and the deaths of over 3,000) to continue to read to children and Obama ignoring a shooting (and the deaths of less than 10) to hold a scheduled piece of business....then I can't help you.

If you don't see how distasteful it is for you to use those deaths to attack Obama, then I can't help you.

If you don't see how unreasonable it is to be %100 politically partisan, then I can't help you.


But, again, you start a thread with a purposefully controversial and inflammatory remark. YOU did that. It is weak sauce to do that, then shrink at the merest challenge, avoid the debate and cry about negative treatment.


:::sigh::: Seriously, how is this guy still a moderator? He's blind to making personal attacks on someone's character, yet complains that I do it to him when I'm just defending myself?

He complains that I don't address what he says, but he completely ignores what I say and reverts to circular logic.

Want to know what else is distasteful? Insinuating that the deaths of 14 people is not as big a deal as the deaths of 3,000. This took place in D.C. That's right in Obama's backyard. I think that's pretty understandable to cancel a meeting and people would understand. Even democrats have criticized the President for moving on with politics.

Again, I am not a public figure. He is. Probably the most important one too.



This is the first pointed PERSONAL attack on this entire thread.

Now, i can truly say that you are a hypocrite...rather than just saying your statements are hypocritical.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.447 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241