Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Which DC Universe Do You Prefer? Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:56:39 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Which is your favorite version of the DC Universe?

-The Golden Age Universe (1938 through the mid 1950s, later becomes Earth-2 in the multiverse.)

-The DC Multiverse (Silver Age through the mid '80s (Earth-1, Earth-2, Earth-S, etc.)

-The Post-Crisis Universe (1986-2006, Singular Universe)

-The 52 Multiverse (2006-2011, after Infinite Crisis)

-The New 52 DC Universe (2011-Current)

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicscastle
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 4:21:06 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

The DC Multiverse (Silver Age through the mid '80s (Earth-1, Earth-2, Earth-S, etc.)

That's what I grew up with back in the late 50's and early 60's and has always been my favorite time period.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Jim
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 4:33:14 PM

Groups: Member

I enjoy the New 52 universe but I think it'll get old after a while and I'll want to see the 80's stuff again. My favorite to read for silly fun is the campy 50's and 60's era books though.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
kisstour03
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:03:09 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Well I'd have to say ummmm er uhhh. Geez talk about a tough question.

I enjoy all eras myself. I'd say for nostalgias sake the Multiverse of the 50s to the mid 80s. Based on what I'm reading most right now I'd say the 2006-2011 period is pretty good too. And the Golden Age is fun for it's simple stories. Dang it I just like to read DC!!
rook68
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:19:43 PM

Being in my forties. I have only read DC titles the last 10 years. Before that it was just Marvel. I like what they are doing in DC now; even though I see a lot of comic book fans hating on the new direction or changes the company has made on certain characters or storylines. For me though, I find the books entertaining. I have Batman, Superman, Justice League, Justice League of America, Aquaman, Red Hood and the Outlaws and Green Lantern on my pull lists. That completely out numbers the Marvel titles that I pull now. I am liking the new 52.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

BruceReville
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:29:16 PM

The DC Multiverse (Silver Age through the mid '80s (Earth-1, Earth-2, Earth-S, etc.)Applause

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

Flagwaver
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 6:08:51 PM

The DC Multiverse (Silver Age through the mid '80s (Earth-1, Earth-2, Earth-S, etc.)

I would extend this through the rest of the '80s because of Byrne's Superman, Perez's Wonder Woman, JL/JLA/JLI, etc.
Khaine
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 6:27:48 PM

Since I've only recently gotten back and have been recollecting alot of the stuff I had as a child plus what's current I would go.

#1 The DC Multiverse (Silver Age through the mid '80s (Earth-1, Earth-2, Earth-S, etc.)

#2 The New 52 DC Universe (2011-Current)

#3 -The 52 Multiverse (2006-2011, after Infinite Crisis)

Green Lantern and Flash is mostly what I based my opinion on as, I can get into the others but am not a die hard
LadyJay
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:25:59 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

The DC Multiverse (Silver Age through the mid '80s (Earth-1, Earth-2, Earth-S, etc.), no question.

After that, I'm enjoying the The New 52 DC Universe (2011-Current) more than I've liked anything that's come out in a long time.

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:55:49 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I'll be the first one to say the Post-Crisis Universe. That's what I grew up on, and when I think of DC characters, it's usually those versions that pop into my head.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
DaLeah96
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 11:16:29 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Being from my youth my favorite is The DC Multiverse (Silver Age through the mid '80s (Earth-1, Earth-2, Earth-S, etc.) I particularly liked the Earth-2 stories of that time as it seemed anything could happen from Robin growing up to Batman marrying Catwoman.

The 52 Multiverse (2006-2011, after Infinite Crisis) brought some of that back with the multiple universes and would be my second favorite era.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here.
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 11:29:40 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Really, none. When it comes down to it, I'm just not a DC fan.

But of the eras above, the only one I've ever read a significant amount of is the Post-Crisis Universe (1986-2006, Singular Universe), so that's my vote by default.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 11:33:40 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I really can't select an "era" that I prefer, although I do have to say that I hate the campy stories from the 50s and 60s. Can't stand all that Superman's Turn Evil --- ha ha. This is just a what if story!

I like the Miller Dark Knight stories, and the Perez Wonder Woman stories. The 80s probably had all my favorite DC stories (although Death of Superman and the Breaking of the Bat were what brought me back into comics as a high school freshman/sophomore).

Currently, I don't really have any issues with the stories. I miss seeing Batman actually face off against most of his Rogues. Joker made an appearance, and he slept with Selina, and Penguin's made an appearance, but we haven't really seen him with old foes. They introduced the Court of Owls (which took forever) and he's fought some other, new villains, but I want to see him tracking down a man-eating Killer Croc, or trying to solve Riddler's puzzles to save a kidnapped child. I miss the old match-ups.

And I really miss having Stephanie and Cass around. You can make cases for Donna Troy and whichever boring version of The Flash you want (I can't keep them straight, they're all boring and pointless). But I miss Steph and Cass.
treker10
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 12:26:31 PM

This is a really tough question because I liked different books in different eras.
-Like I liked Batman & Superman all during the 80's & 90's but don't like the current ones in the New 52.
-I didn't like Peter David Supergirl but really like the kickass one in the New 52.
-I liked the Legion after Zero Hour but other incarnations haven't been as good.
-I liked the Justice League after Zero Hour but not the current one int the New 52.
-I didn't like the Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) in the 80's & 90's but love it now in all incarnations
-I love Catwoman in any incarnation.
-I was never a fan of the Teen Titans but really like the cuurent New 52 one.
-Flash I can take or leave in any era.

So for me I guess it the era doesn't matter, but the character and how good the writing is.
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 11:46:47 PM

The 52 Multiverse

Mad Bloggings

Liam_Fearghail
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 1:42:06 AM

Number 1 would be post crisis 1986-2006 but I really love the 70's & early 80's stuff as well when Denny O'Neil & Neil Adams(among others) were at the top of their game.

There was also some really good stuff that came out in the 2006-2011 era as well.

New 52 - there's been some good but also so many changes that I find jarring with how I see the characters which is probably more to do with the fact that I grew up in the 80's rather than them being bad comics.
JimmmKelly
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:18:26 PM

The DC Multiverse. And you know the best thing about it--every other universe can fit inside that Multiverse.

MY FAVOURITE FUNNIES