Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
The "It Was Announced on Facebook" CCL News Thread Options
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 11:57:19 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Since CCL doesn't make announcements or posts on their own forum anymore, I thought I'd try and keep those not on Facebook (or just not in CCL's group) updated.

I've gone back two full months in an attempt to catch folks up and will try to post CCL comments going forward.

"Words have meaning." - my wife
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 11:58:32 AM

Shop at My Store

Steven Boyd, August 15 at 4:12pm wrote:
Comic Collector Live Nominated for Summer 2013 Retailer Best Practices Award

We're excited to announce that Comic Collector Live, which recently opened a brick-and-mortar retail gift shop in conjunction with a world-famous website of the same name, has been nominated for a Diamond Comics' Summer Retailer Best Practices Award in the category of Best Marketing Use of Store Logo (Non-Signage).

"Comic Collector Live's logo has been branded for going on 7 years now,' says Chief Brand Officer of Goloco Media and Director of Comic Collector Live. "Our logo has been featured on the covers to dozens of comic books such as THE AVENGERS, THE LONE RANGER and GHOSTBUSTERS over the years by various comic publishers and we show it off proudly in every aspect of promoting the new retail gift shop as well."

Plans were already underway to create officially licensed t-shirts and stickers featuring CCL's logo for sale in the shop to help promote the site and it's growing membership of almost 92,000 registered members.

Diamond Comics Distributors, Inc. is the largest comic book distributor in North America.

"It's pretty cool to think we could win a Best Practices Award from Diamond.," Boyd continued. "We've all got our fingers crossed."

For more information on Comic Collector Live's website or retail shop, please contact Steve Boyd at 615-264-4747 ext 103 or visit their website at www.ComicCollectorLive.com.

FYI - It's a self-nominated, seasonal award.

lbej
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:14:24 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

SwiftMann wrote:

We're excited to announce that Comic Collector Live, which recently opened a brick-and-mortar retail gift shop in conjunction with a world-famous website of the same name, has been nominated for a Diamond Comics' Summer Retailer Best Practices Award in the category of Best Marketing Use of Store Logo (Non-Signage).

"Comic Collector Live's logo has been branded for going on 7 years now,' says Chief Brand Officer of Goloco Media and Director of Comic Collector Live. "Our logo has been featured on the covers to dozens of comic books such as THE AVENGERS, THE LONE RANGER and GHOSTBUSTERS over the years by various comic publishers and we show it off proudly in every aspect of promoting the new retail gift shop as well."

Plans were already underway to create officially licensed t-shirts and stickers featuring CCL's logo for sale in the shop to help promote the site and it's growing membership of almost 92,000 registered members.

Diamond Comics Distributors, Inc. is the largest comic book distributor in North America.

"It's pretty cool to think we could win a Best Practices Award from Diamond.," Boyd continued. "We've all got our fingers crossed."

For more information on Comic Collector Live's website or retail shop, please contact Steve Boyd at 615-264-4747 ext 103 or visit their website at www.ComicCollectorLive.com.

Self-nominated? Who does that?

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
4saken1
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:16:28 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:

Rolling on the Floor While we're at it, ComicVortex, Inc. today nominated 4saken1 the best Seller on CCL. The competition was stiff, by 4saken1 rose above the rest!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some of your comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:16:37 PM

Shop at My Store

lbej wrote:
Self-nominated? Who does that?

All these season Diamond awards appear to be self-nominated nonsense.

pottersan
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:16:54 PM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:

Well, whatever helps get the site some more views and more potential customers, stores and maybe contributors....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
comicscastle
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:24:47 PM

Shop at My Store

4saken1 wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Rolling on the Floor While we're at it, ComicVortex, Inc. today nominated 4saken1 the best Seller on CCL. The competition was stiff, by 4saken1 rose above the rest!
At my age semi-stiff is the best I can hope for.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:24:55 PM

Shop at My Store

Not actually posted on the CCL group at all, but Steve's personal Facebook feed.

Steven Boyd, Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 8:22am wrote:

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:26:55 PM

Shop at My Store

In response to questions from BurningDoom:

Steven Boyd, Friday, October 11, 2013 wrote:
There may be times when it takes me months to fulfill a promotion (like our MAN OF GOD variant promotion) however I always follow up on it. You guys want a new and improved CCL? You've gotta let me do my thing. All our office contact numbers are available including my own personal cell number if anyone needs me for a pending problem.

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:27:00 PM

Shop at My Store

Despite claims of an active community over there, the posts are 85% from The_Ghost, xmanmoby, Inking_Zanziber and BurningDoom. 10% spammers. 5% everyone else.

Those are the announcements there, but there's plenty of participation from Steve in the Facebook group. My favorite comment may be the one telling someone "Don't forget to go to our website..."

Ah, irony.

teh_longinator
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:39:47 PM

Groups: Member

I think this thread is a good idea. Not everyone's taken to Facebook. I know I haven't. Can't stand to be on the damn thing.

I think CCL admins are just lazy. Using the "Well we posted it on Facebook" method of giving updates is just a lazy way to go about. You post things here, whether it's a thread on the forums, or an announcement on the main page. If you think it's good enough to share on Facebook, THEN you put it there. Don't exclude your subscribers in favour of social media, just because you're in "marketing". "Social Media" seems to be the fallback of every half-assed marketing company. "Well we'll post it on Twitter and then we'll be awesome".

Btw, GoLoco seems like a HORRIBLE marketing company. They don't actually market anything (successfully) besides a comic book site that isn't being marketed, and a bunch of spamware sites.

/endrant

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:54:44 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
4saken1 wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

At my age semi-stiff is the best I can hope for.

Yup, a few more years & I'll be jealous of a stiff breeze.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com