Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Favorite Car or Vehicle you have owned? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2013 12:39:13 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I don't own a car now, my 18 speed bike is my transportation. However I have owned various cars throughout the years - some great and some awful. The worst one ever had to be my 1991(?) Pinto Pony. What a piece of crap. My favorite car ever hands down was my 1978 Trans Am. She was a beauty, black paint with a huge gold eagle on the hood and crushed red velvet on the interior. Plus, the kid who owned it before me had replaced the engine with one taken from a small plane so it was FAST!
Man, that car was great! Unfortunately it developed a number of serious problems and I was unable to afford the repairs so alas, we were parted.

So tell me what was/is the favorite vehicle you have ever owned?

Here's a picture of Natasha. Yes, that's right, I named my car.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:43:30 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

supposedly, people who name their cars are psychotic or have psychotic tendencies... Just sayin'!

My current car is a 2012 Accord and it's the first car I've ever owned "brand new" - it's a great car and I really like it a lot, but it will never compare to my 1992 VW Jetta GLI 16v Wolfsberg Edition.
I put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears (not to mention $$$) into that car. Custom body work and a lot of motor work. It was scary fast, but looked even more toned down than the base model. I miss that car so much...
Any time I have a dream where I'm driving, that's the car I drive in my dreams - without exception.
It was so damn fast... A total sleeper. Almost cost me my license twice, it was so hard to drive slow in that thing. I never did find out what the top speed was either because the speedometer only went up to 140. I had it pegged about 1/4 inch past that once and it was eager to give me more, but my tires were only rated for 150 and I didn't want to court death any more than I already was.

I also had an early 80s Toyota something-or-other 4X4 wagon - my first car ever. What a total piece of $h!t. I paid $5 for it and spent $50 on spray paint... such a hoopty. It needed a clutch and I had eaten ramen for over a month to save up for the repairs, then the engine literally blew (piston exploded through the side of the block) the day before I was supposed to take it in. Good timing!
Definitely my least favorite car.

I had a 1982 Cadillac Coupe DeVille that was a lot of fun, I miss that one too. NOBODY cut me off when I drove that thing. My cousin had a brand new GMC extended cab truck with a long bed (vs. the standard size bed) and my Caddy was 6 inches wider and almost a foot longer! We lived in a very old neighborhood with streets that were originally designed for horse/carriage traffic, that was "fun" sometimes.
But nothing compares to my beloved Jetta.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2013 2:49:05 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

My 1st car, given to me by my dad. It was a 1963 Mercury Monterey Custom 4-door Hardtop 390 Marauder Super V-8 Cruise-O-Matic with the back window that went down and a great back seat. Whistle

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1963/1807565/mercury_monterey_custom_4-door_hardtop_390_marauder_super_v-8_cruise-o-matic.html

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Shadowdodger
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:21:04 PM

Groups: Member

I've owned several cars over they years but I have two that are tied as my favorite.

The first is the 1983 Chevy Monte Carlo. It was my first car - black with the maroon interior. And like Pat said, it had a great backseat.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/img/picto28h/chevrolet_usa/1981-chevrolet-monte-carlo-03.jpg

The other is the last car that was truly mine. I traded it in to get the family minivan a few years ago. I loved this car. I give you the 1998 Dodge Avenger ES

http://images.dealerrevs.com/gallery/photo.php?id=44943485

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2013 5:06:12 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

My '07 Nissan Versa..I would still have it but my families needs changed. If that little fricker could have towed a boat I would still be driving it.

Mad Bloggings

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:31:43 AM

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
supposedly, people who name their cars are psychotic or have psychotic tendencies... Just sayin'!

I'm not telling!

And neither am I...Devil

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:40:42 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
My 1st car, given to me by my dad. It was a 1963 Mercury Monterey Custom 4-door Hardtop 390 Marauder Super V-8 Cruise-O-Matic with the back window that went down and a great back seat. Whistle

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1963/1807565/mercury_monterey_custom_4-door_hardtop_390_marauder_super_v-8_cruise-o-matic.html

Sweet ride, Pat!

Funny though, I always pictured your first ride being either a stagecoach or this:

Laughing

Hall Liquidations

Atilla2k
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:59:28 PM

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:02:12 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
My favorite car ever hands down was my 1978 Trans Am. She was a beauty, black paint with a huge gold eagle on the hood and crushed red velvet on the interior.

I have told my wife on sever occasions once I stop collecting comics and we move to our farm I am going to collect cars and this is one on my list of must owns. You should have kept things are going for crazy prices now.

My favorite car was my 1978 Datsun 280z, I spent oodles and oodles of money making her a road rocket.

Sadly she is also my worst nightmare car as she broke down every other week. Decided to fully disassemble her one summer and then got bored so she sat in driveway in pieces for a year then sold for scrap.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

KnifeTricks
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:24:56 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Moderator

I'm driving a 95 Honda del Sol. I've cleaned her up really nice, and she's a blast to drive. She's riding with a D16 VTEC so it's a peppy car. She's no Porsche, but I wouldn't trade the car for anything.

I have a large list of restoration/mods that need to be done, but I love working on the car. It takes up most of my free time.

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:19:22 PM

KnifeTricks wrote:
I'm driving a 95 Honda del Sol. She's riding with a D16 VTEC so it's a peppy car. She's no Porsche, but I wouldn't trade the car for anything.

Find a totalled S2000 and drop that engine and drive train in there.
Big Grin
It can be done - and it will scare the hell out of you when you punch the gas pedal.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

KnifeTricks
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:27:08 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Moderator

Xylob wrote:
Find a totalled S2000 and drop that engine and drive train in there.
Big Grin
It can be done - and it will scare the hell out of you when you punch the gas pedal.

S2000's are sweet. I'd love to have one for nice day driving, and use my Sol as my daily.

I'm also looking for some S2k seats for my car. You've got to mod the rails a bit for them to fit, but they're just so cool.

I'm actually planning on doing an engine swap down the road. I haven't decided an engine yet though. Something dual cam and B series like s2000's have.

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:15:57 PM

2001 Ford F150 SVT Lightning. It was cherry red. Man oh man was it a thing of beauty. I couldn't go anywhere without people stopping me to ask and/or talk about it. It was extremely fast also. Punch the gas and it sounded like a jet taking off. Got with the woman who became my wife and started a family so the truck had to go. My wife was glad to see it go, other girls paid way to much attention to the truck.

Worst vehicle I ever owned...hmm. Probably either my early 90's Iroc or late 90's Lincoln. The Lincoln's transmission went out in it and the engine just completely quit in the Iroc.

kisstour03
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:36:38 PM

I've never had anything "cool" car wise. But I'd say my favorite car ever based simply on being trouble free was the 1998 Chrysler Cirrus we had for about 5 years. We bought it when it was about nine years old and we drove it for about 5 years and never had a problem till the day it just died due to some computer thingie. Those were the most trouble free 5 years I've ever gotten out of a car. Never had to replace one thing besides tires and brakes in that time. I miss it.
kidlippy
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:00:57 AM

The best car I had that never let me down no matter how cold it got was my 91 Cavalier. Trunk didn't like to stay down and always had to replace the alternator every year for whatever reason but other then that, it was a great car. To bad it was in an accident. Never had a car that reliable since then.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

rook68
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 12:06:12 AM

Back in the mid 80's. I sported one of these. A 1986 Volkswagen Scirocco. Had it about five years until it was found near the Mexican border completely stripped.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

Xylob
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 7:01:31 AM

16V FTW!

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

rook68
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 8:36:42 AM

Xylob wrote:
16V FTW!

Lol. Yeah.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson