Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Valiant's Voice! October 2013 Edition Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:24:02 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hey CCL-ers! Before I take the soapbox again, I think the first thing I need to start off with is an apology. No, Joe isn't making me do this. None of you are forcing me to do this. It comes from me and me alone.

When someone apologizes for something, that usually means they recognize a reason (or reasons) to seek forgiveness from the person(s) they are extending the apology to. So don't think I do not have the capacity to understand what an apology means, or have the stones to give it. Truth is: I have not been very fair to this community for the last few months. My lack of posting in the CCL forums to discuss CCL has been abysmal. My lack of detail and attention I've been able to give to CCL members in the forums has been inexcusable. And finally, I grossly neglected a few members requests to mail out a promotional comic I promised a few months ago. I pride myself on being an honest, straightforward and all-around nice guy for CCL's face...and I can truly say I feel I've been none of these lately. I try my best to be a force for good for CCL, but there's times I just mess up. I ask for this community's (and my CCL friends, associates and membership) forgiveness for the total lack of communication. My hope is that you are the understanding and awesome community I love and accept this honest apology.

So where have I been?

Well, I've been here in the office for most of the time. I often say "just because you don't hear from me doesn't mean I'm not here." When I haven't been here, I've been visiting a little extra with my boys this year (who came down again for the summer and spent more time with me...no easy feat since my youngest doesn't make it to Tennessee a lot due to his health. He's a super kid...as you can see.) :)

I've been extremely sick twice in the last month...bad enough that I've been having some tests run just to make sure I'm ok. But you can't keep a good collector down...I've also been to at least 3 shows/conventions, both personal and for CCL, that I can remember (FAN EXPO in Toronto in August, DAN CON in Chicago in September and NEW YORK COMIC CON last week).

OH! My wife's birthday as well. I was voted in to join our local LITERACY COUNCIL here in Hendersonville, too. So in addition to my regular CCL duties, I've had a rather full personal plate.

Almost forgot. I met this dude who thinks he knows toy hunting better than me. Nice guy, but loves to photobomb.

So what are we doing NOW?

Well, for one, Joe and I are taking measures to insure you have more knowledge of what we're doing AND how you can get a hold of us better. The forums is NOT the best way to get your questions or problems solved. Even on the weekends, I try to make myself available to PMs or even phone calls, but I simply can't be in the forums daily. Most of you have had to air your grievances this way...BUT that being said...here's our contact info:

Comic Collector Live
131 Sanders Ferry Rd
Suite 201
Hendersonville, TN

615-264-4747

1) The CCL HELPDESK is now back up and running after a 946 day hiatus. At the bottom of the page, you'll see a "CONTACT US" link, which has our office and mailing information. You can click to email us (helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com) which will come directly to at least 3 of us here in the office. Use this for general tech support, questions, concerns, etc.

PLEASE NOTE AGAIN: if you wish to post any problems you are having in the forums OR our Facebook page, that's totally up to you. Just know that it might not get a quick response. There is a system in place to get you faster resolution now and that's the CCL HELPDESK. Consider yourself informed :)

2) As Joe has mentioned in the other thread, he is putting together plans for a couple CCL Member Conference Calls so you can get the scoop on what's next for CCL. You can ask questions, make opinions known, and generally get the latest scoop and the stuff you can't see here. Please PM Joe for that information OR PM me and I'll PM you back as soon as I get word on the day and time. Joe will address any questions about the updates/future CCL plans here as well. I will be on the call as well.

3) CCL is participating in the HALLOWEEN COMICFEST on OCTOBER 26th, 2013. Kids can come by our office and retail shop in Hendersonville, Tennessee and get free HALLOWEEN EXCLUSIVE comics, participate in contests, face-painting and much more. If you'd like more information, visit HALLOWEENCOMICFEST.COM or PM me. I do have a pretty good selection of the HALLOWEEN exclusive comics here, and I'll be glad to mail out a few to you if you would like. AND YES. THEY WILL BE MAILED OUT IN A TIMELY FASHION.

If you have any comments, I welcome you to post them. My only request is that the questions/comments are professional and directed towards CCL and not personal attacks towards myself or any others on the site. We only want to make the site BETTER, and that's something we need everyone on board for...we know it starts with US. We also know you LOVE CCL or you wouldn't still be here and be so passionate about it. Let's focus on moving forward. :)

Before I forget, I want to personally thank our members AND our Approvers for keeping CCL going. This is NO small task. None of this would be possible without them. The Approvers work extremely hard to ensure that the information on CCL is accurate and formatted correctly. ALL of them deserve credit for their hard work, loyalty and dedication.

Thanks again for your time, and again, my apologies for the lack of communication.

~T.V.1

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:31:44 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:45:09 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Sounds good Steve! And when you get a chance...you need a shave!

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:56:08 PM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:

I'm planning on "HEISENBURG"ing myself for Halloween...thus I'm growing my facial hair out a bit. I'll also be shaving my head as well. We'll see how that goes :)

HeroComics
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:23:54 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Applause +1
Inking_Zanziber
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:24:45 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Applause

John "Zanziber" Rogers - @ZanziberPoV

Zanziber's Point Of View

wickedcomics
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:46:39 PM

Shop at My Store

You THIEF! I was thinking of being Heisenberg or the Joker this year. I have my hair grown out and I also have a beard. So either the beard will go or the hair. Either way the hair/beard will have to get dyed to match the color of whoever i'll be. It's nice to see Valiant's Voice again Applause

The_Valiant_One wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

I'm planning on "HEISENBURG"ing myself for Halloween...thus I'm growing my facial hair out a bit. I'll also be shaving my head as well. We'll see how that goes :)

Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:37:54 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

wickedcomics wrote:
It's nice to see Valiant's Voice again Applause
Agreed.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 4:33:45 PM

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
wickedcomics wrote:
It's nice to see Valiant's Voice again Applause
Agreed.

Thanks guys! I agree it has been too long.

pottersan
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:20:46 PM

Shop at My Store

Yahooti!

Let's keep the good times rolling....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Atilla2k
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:02:39 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Good to see you boss!

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:51:48 PM

Shop at My Store

Good to see all you guys again :)

canaryfarmer
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:42:03 AM

Groups: Member

Glad to have you back, Steve.
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:46:17 AM

Shop at My Store

canaryfarmer wrote:

Much appreciated. Honestly, I never really "left", but more like I've been out in "left field" ;)

scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:29:56 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

The_Valiant_One wrote:
canaryfarmer wrote:

Much appreciated. Honestly, I never really "left", but more like I've been out in "left field" ;)

Maybe the parking lot behind left field? Big Grin

Khaine
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:23:31 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

got the Man of God promo comic in the mail today Applause

also a ghostbuster CCL cover Big Hug